New Level - Myths Of Distant Shores 6

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Chip
Rainbow Star

New Level - Myths Of Distant Shores 6

Post by Chip » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:06 pm

You'll never walk alone.

(Please use the file A to practice the puzzles in the second half of the level.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Chip on Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
>Link to my level list
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:13 pm

Great level, I enjoyed it, but I didn't need the services of the Z-bots and their yellow button.

Still struggling with some of your former levels in this distant-shores series, but I will get there, eventually.
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:41 pm

This looked rather daunting at first but it wasn't quite as hard as I imagined, just had to deal with the timing issues.

I don't know how Amnon did it without using the bots but if I see a button or a timer I have to cover it! :lol:

Thanks for the fun Chip,
bob
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:06 pm

I didn't need the services of the Z-bots.
Hi Amnon
Bug fixed - not really elegant, but effective. :lol:
(In my original design, there were reflectors and prisms on the tramps, and the firework during the first passage was impressive. But when I combined the puzzle with the rest of the level, this amount of fire affected the rhythm of the cannons in the upper half, and the exit puzzle was unplayable. So I removed the stuff and didn't notice the additional way out.)
Please download again and let Zed and Bot play a role.
Thanks for your attentiveness. :D
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:18 pm

Yes, good fix - now I found no way to exit with gold without the Z-bots' help.
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:30 pm

Here's the solution for this one:
1) The cannons:
Go L onto the second sign and wait for the next shot. Then quickly go down on the raft and steer L.
Repeat the other way round: Shot - quickly down - sideways. Keep this rhythm through the hole sequence. Exception: When you reach the top blue TP, go R instead of D.

2) The red dudes:
After the lowest cannon, you'll reach a new raft. Enter it and go R to read the sign. Go back L onto the raft and wait in the middle of the water, until Green Leader and Red Wingman arrive. Keeping your raft between them, you can pass the unfriendly shadows.

3) The UFOs:
Just a test of courage. Steer D, the UFOs aren't close enough to hurt you.

4) Eddy:
When your raft stops at the bottom of the water, steer R and go 2xR to jump over the right prism. Push it L onto the raft. (Never fear: The UFO can't hurt you, because you're 'in the air'.) Remove the coin in front of Eddy and stay aside. Now the hole left side is free to make your way back.

5) Zed and Bot:
Steer the raft R to the right bottom of the water and collect the remaining coins to release the bottys. Enter the lower yellow TP from D and quickly go one step U.

6) Commander Coily:
Here's the next helping friend. Enter the red TP, wait until your raft stops and steer R. Wait for the next shot of the cannons, then steer U. Wait again for the next shot and make your way home over the green spheres and the upper tramps.
And don't forget to offer your friends a barrel! :)