Interesting POTZ Solutions (SPOILERS)

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Interesting POTZ Solutions (SPOILERS)

Post by yot yot5 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:58 pm

Midnight Synergy in another topic wrote:If you want to discuss the pros and cons of multiple solution paths, feel free to do so in another topic...
... So I thought I'd make one! If you have an interesting solution to an adventure in POTZ, tell everyone about it in this topic!

Before we begin, however, I would like to apologize to all the beta testers I may have offended in the Super-Secret topic. Although I've never considered alternate solutions a very good thing, that's my problem and not yours. Thank you for making POTZ a better game for everyone.

And, without further ado, here are some of the sneakiest solutions I've found in POTZ!!!

"Out of Sequence" (without grow magic!)
Midnight Synergy's solution can be found HERE.

MY SOLUTION (1)
1: Ignore the flash charger. Charge yourself with floing instead. Shoot a floing bubble above the red transporter. Now act quick!!!
2: Ignore the pow charger. Charge yourself with blink instead. Shoot a blink spellball into the floing bubble.
3: Ignore the grow charger. Charge yourself with pop instead. Push the yellow rotator button with a pop spellball.
4: Charge yourself with brr. Walk across the collapsing bridge and push the orange square button. Wait for your floing bubble to pop.
5: Step on the red transporter, then the yellow transporter. Freeze the water river directly south of you with a brr spellball. Walk across and collect the star.

MY SOLUTION (2)
1: Ignore the flash charger. Charge yourself with floing instead. Shoot a floing bubble two squares below the yellow rotator button. Now act quick!
2: Ignore the pow charger. Charge yourself with blink instead. Shoot a blink spellball from the south-eastern edge of the lake to the north-western edge of the lake. Your blink spellball will get trapped in the floing bubble.
3: Ignore the grow charger. Charge yourself with pop instead. Push the yellow rotator button with a pop spellball.
4: Charge yourself with brr. Wait for your floing bubble to pop.
5: Push the orange square button, then walk across the collapsing bridge. If you forgot to charge yourself with brr magic, you may do it now instead. Step on the red transporter, then the yellow transporter. Freeze the water river directly south of you with a brr spellball. Walk across and collect the star.
"Turtle Corral" (without blinking through the green gate!)

My solution can be found HERE. Big thanks to MyNameIsKooky, who owns the Youtube account.
"Suspicious Silence" (without flash magic!)

My solution is the same as Midnight Syngergy's - for the first 36 seconds. Afterwards, it switches to MyNameIsKooky's solution, which can be found HERE (watch this video from 18 seconds). Big thanks to MNIK and MS, who both inspired me with their solutions.
Last edited by yot yot5 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:16 pm

Floing 101

This one is not a very complicated one, but I was surprised even the beta testers (okay, just Q and MS) used the other method which can be quite tedious.
Spoiler wrote:
The original method is Flo and run, which consists of trapping the chompers in Flo bubbles and run like mad.

My solution:
0. Finish the other parts of the level, and make sure the wee stinkers are behind the red gate to avoid accidents
1. Release the chompers, and make sure both run down the hallway
2. Run and stand on the orange gate and place 3 vertical Flo bubbles to your right
3. Lure the chompers into the bottom 2 bubbles
4. Wait for the bubble to burst, and let the fireflower's (stacked) fireballs do its magic
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:19 pm

"Out of Sequence" has a ton of possible approaches. I think I told MS about it, but the level was never changed. I found different solutions, including MNIK's solution. Anyway, I don't consider this level "broken" unless someone manages to solve it without any floing tricks. Now that would be bad.

Here's mine:

"Suspicious Silence" (without 1 Flo)

You can also save 1 Pow with a small quirk/glitch. The solution below is almost the same in both cases and describes both options. This was, oddly enough, the first solution I managed to figure out for this tricky little level. See, I told MS removing one Flo would make this a much better puzzle... *insert comical grumbling mixed with the sound of an inflatable clown head beaten against a wall mixed with the sound of a "Nyan Cat" loop*
1. Take both "Flash" chargers.
2. Move down and line up the scritter with the green door.
3. Move up and use the icewraith to freeze the scritter.
4. Move down and use the wraith on the right to unfreeze the scritter. Quickly follow the scritter to cover the yellow button and disable the wraith.
5. Take the blue key on the left and leave.
6. Flash the scritter and move back to the top.
7. Stay on the tile just before the bridge and re-Flash the scritter on the green button.
8. Use the icewraith to freeze the iceflower. Collect the gems now, otherwise you probably won't be able to do the next part fast enough.
9. From the icewraith's position, go all the way to the right. Place a Flo one tile left from the rainbow bridges that lead to the transporter.
10. Very quickly go back and take Pow. Return and shoot the Pow inside the Flo bubble.
11. Without missing a beat, cross the bridge and keep moving down until the bottom scritter enters the Flo bubble. Then move up to get the other scritter out of the way. There's enough space to stand without scaring the bottom scritter.
(optional: if you use the wraith's brr instead of your pow in step 10 and do NOT move up in step 11, the bottom scritter will move down and THEN get frozen, allowing you to save Pow with this odd brr-movement quirk)
12. Wait until the Flo bubble bursts - it won't take long. The Pow ball will then kill the bottom scritter. This allows you to take the transporters, get the coins, etc.
13. Use the keys to unlock the gates, pop the red transporter and exit.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:38 pm

Muzozavr wrote:"Out of Sequence" has a ton of possible approaches. I think I told MS about it, but the level was never changed. I found different solutions, including MNIK's solution.
Ah, I just saw MNIK's solution. It's pretty much the same as my solution (1), just with the floing bubble in a different place.

I wonder if it's actually possible to complete it without Floing? I'll give it a go later...
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:32 am

Muzozavr wrote:"Out of Sequence" has a ton of possible approaches. I think I told MS about it, but the level was never changed. I found different solutions, including MNIK's solution. Anyway, I don't consider this level "broken" unless someone manages to solve it without any floing tricks. Now that would be bad.

Here's mine:

"Suspicious Silence" (without 1 Flo)

You can also save 1 Pow with a small quirk/glitch. The solution below is almost the same in both cases and describes both options. This was, oddly enough, the first solution I managed to figure out for this tricky little level. See, I told MS removing one Flo would make this a much better puzzle... *insert comical grumbling mixed with the sound of an inflatable clown head beaten against a wall mixed with the sound of a "Nyan Cat" loop*
1. Take both "Flash" chargers.
2. Move down and line up the scritter with the green door.
3. Move up and use the icewraith to freeze the scritter.
4. Move down and use the wraith on the right to unfreeze the scritter. Quickly follow the scritter to cover the yellow button and disable the wraith.
5. Take the blue key on the left and leave.
6. Flash the scritter and move back to the top.
7. Stay on the tile just before the bridge and re-Flash the scritter on the green button.
8. Use the icewraith to freeze the iceflower. Collect the gems now, otherwise you probably won't be able to do the next part fast enough.
9. From the icewraith's position, go all the way to the right. Place a Flo one tile left from the rainbow bridges that lead to the transporter.
10. Very quickly go back and take Pow. Return and shoot the Pow inside the Flo bubble.
11. Without missing a beat, cross the bridge and keep moving down until the bottom scritter enters the Flo bubble. Then move up to get the other scritter out of the way. There's enough space to stand without scaring the bottom scritter.
(optional: if you use the wraith's brr instead of your pow in step 10 and do NOT move up in step 11, the bottom scritter will move down and THEN get frozen, allowing you to save Pow with this odd brr-movement quirk)
12. Wait until the Flo bubble bursts - it won't take long. The Pow ball will then kill the bottom scritter. This allows you to take the transporters, get the coins, etc.
13. Use the keys to unlock the gates, pop the red transporter and exit.
Woah, that is way cleverer than any other solution so far.

good thing it's optional
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:52 am

"Escape" (without 1 Grow, 1 Pop, and 1 Pow)
1. As soon as you enter the main wlv, go through all the dialogue. Use Brr to create a bridge across the water and take the Blink with you. Do the next few steps as fast as possible!
2. Step on the eastmost transporter and walk into the chomper corridor. Just before the chomper is about to eat you, step back on the transporter. The chomper will attempt to follow you and kill itself. Time it well!
3. Step on the eastmost transporter again, then blink back to the main area. The eastmost transporter will remain in the chomper corridor area.
4. Go to the southeast room and use 1 Pow on the westernmost Cuboid to open 1 of the blue gates.
5. Get the Brr in the southeast room. If you've been fast enough, you'll be able to make it out before the UFO spawns and prevents you from leaving the path to get the Brr. I'm certain this isn't intended! Don't stop working quickly, though.
6. Use the UFO in the southeast corner of the area to shoot the other cuboid. You can then enter the north-eastern room and use the Brr to create an ice slab on the northeast room.
7. Quickly head back into the western area before the Zapbot in the southeastern room is spawned. You'll be able to kill that Zapbot from the western area using the eastmost UFO's fireballs.
8. Go back and get the Blink in the south-eastern room to solve the ice grid. You can take your time now, so collect the coins too.
9. Once all keycards and coins in the eastern half of the level are collected, return to the western half.
10. Use the Grow charger from the room with the void to divert the Zipbot into a loop to press the rotator button. (NOT to on/off buttons)
11. Walk into the suction tubes, but time it well. If you time it correctly, you'll get the keycard just as the tubes change direction and launch you onto the transporter.
12. Get the keycard in the Chomper area. Should be very easy now that the Chomper's dead. You'll also be able to return to the northwest area since you left the transporter pointing upwards.
13. Use the Pop charger from the room with the void to turn off the suction tubes. You can then reach the final keycard.
14. Use the Floing charger in the south-western room to block the northwest Zapbot's laser. Open the gates and leave. You should have one Pop, one Grow, and one Pow charger to spare.

BIG THANKS TO MNIK, WHO WROTE MOST OF THIS.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:08 pm

"Hot on Your Heels" (completely broken)
Shoot a Grow spellball onto a tile just before the chomper steps onto that tile. The Growflower will grow underneath the chomper, killing it. You can now complete the rest of the adventure at your own pace!
EDIT: This doesn't actually work! Never mind!
Last edited by yot yot5 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:22 pm

yot yot5 wrote:"Hot on Your Heels" (completely broken)
Shoot a Grow spellball onto a tile just before the chomper steps onto that tile. The Growflower will grow underneath the chomper, killing it. You can now complete the rest of the adventure at your own pace!
Except you can't. There's a button at the end that you can't press without the chomper's help. Don't write from memory, please. :wink:
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:33 pm

Muzozavr wrote:
Except you can't. There's a button at the end that you can't press without the chomper's help. Don't write from memory, please. :wink:
Ah, yes. Sorry. :(

It wasn't actually from memory, though. It was just me being too lazy to complete the adventure, which I guess is kinda worse. :lol:
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:49 pm

EDIT: This doesn't actually work! Never mind!
IIRC, this used to work in Beta1. A few testers noticed it (myself included, but I thought it was a nice trick) and MS updated it so that you now need to run away from the chomper for the whole duration.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Re: Interesting POTZ Solutions (SPOILERS)

Post by Wonderland King » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:21 am

Criss Cross Flash
This can work for many levels besides this one, but this one feels the most relevant. RIGHT after a FireFlower shoots, Flash it and then Re-Flash it in front of it's own fireball. It will kill the FireFlower. You don't need much for this technique; an empty room with a Flash charger and a Fire(or ice)Flower will do. (And it actually took me a while to get down, so know that the action will be tricky. I ended up Flashing it a bit of a long distance the time it finally worked.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:46 am

Wonderland King wrote:Criss Cross Flash
This can work for many levels besides this one, but this one feels the most relevant. RIGHT after a FireFlower shoots, Flash it and then Re-Flash it in front of it's own fireball. It will kill the FireFlower. You don't need much for this technique; an empty room with a Flash charger and a Fire(or ice)Flower will do. (And it actually took me a while to get down, so know that the action will be tricky. I ended up Flashing it a bit of a long distance the time it finally worked.
Hey, that's actually REALLY clever... thanks!
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:32 am

Here's another that I should've posted earlier. Again, this can be used generally, but "Suspicious Silence" works best. In fact, this is how I originally solved the level.
Stand far away enough from the Wraith so it's inactive. Then put a Floing bubble where it would be and the get closer to it. It will shoot at you like it always does, but none of the spellballs will make it through until the bubble bursts. This way, you can get it to shoot as many directions as you need him to. So again, you can win it with only one Floing!
Muzozavr wrote:and re-Flash the scritter on the green button.
GENIUS.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:48 am

I won that level without using my POW.

It was strange, but I actually found it easier(timewise) to freeze the scritter while it was moving. That way it froze, but I could still get through. :lol:

All so, Inmrmenshow apparently flashed and powed the wraiths. Beats me if I was supposed to do that, but oh well. :P
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:32 am

Jutomi wrote:I won that level without using my POW.

It was strange, but I actually found it easier(timewise) to freeze the scritter while it was moving. That way it froze, but I could still get through. :lol:

All so, Inmrmenshow apparently flashed and powed the wraiths. Beats me if I was supposed to do that, but oh well. :P
Using my solution, you can actually use a brr-spell from the wraith instead of POW. When you get to the other side, if you keep standing near the scritter, when the flo bubble breaks, the scritter will move, then get frozen. I consider this a quirk, so I tried to come up with a more "proper" way of the same solution.

The intended solution did involve flashing the wraiths and doing other weird stuff that isn't weird enough to compare with my green button trickery and is generally not as satisfying to figure out, I think.

And see, I *told* MS taking away 1 flo would make this a much bett-
Wonderland King wrote:*epic trick described here*
Oh. My. God. When the editor gets released, this will make people's heads spin.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:59 pm

Muzozavr wrote:
Wonderland King wrote:*epic trick described here*
Oh. My. God. When the editor gets released, this will make people's heads spin.
Thanks, but which trick are you talking about? Criss Cross Flash, Suspicious Silence, or something else? (And did I really say, "*epic trick described here*"?) :lol:
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:43 pm

I did reply earlier to the "Criss Cross Flash" one, the "oh my god" is about the "Suspicious Silence" one. And no, you didn't say those exact words, but I didn't want to quote a spoiler box (even though I did that for the "Criss Cross Flash" trick) but I didn't want to un-spoiler the trick, either, so I went with rewording. :lol:
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:53 am

For Z-Bot Vault, you don't actually have to use the three chompers behind those power cubes. Pop + Floing does the trick.
Sorry, does this count as a valid reason for a bump?
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:47 pm

It does, but I still can't remember how to get there with pop...
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:32 pm

Muzozavr wrote:It does, but I still can't remember how to get there with pop...
spoilers wrote:After pressing the rainbow button, drown the chomper. Proceed back into the suction tube. Then make a Brr Pad between an orange button and the side with the orange gate. Charge with floing, and cast a floing bubble on the green button. Cross over to the side with the orange gate and collect pop. Take the suction tube back to the green button. The floing bubble should still be active. Cast a pop spell into the floing bubble, and get out of the green gate and wait for the green suction tubes to be activated
This means that the Chompers can act as 750 bonus points! :D

EDIT: I watched MNIK's solution, and realised that my solution differs vastly from his. So I think I'll have to post the video to avoid confusion. :P
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Video for Z-Bot Vault

Post by samuelthx » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:33 am

And...here's the video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwQrt3nFRY0

As mentioned earlier, the 3 chompers are not needed to toggle the green suction tube.
Also, the yellow timer button (and the gate) becomes unnecessary when this solution is used.
The time used may be longer than all other solutions, but the score is higher :P

Just out of curiosity, what's the "official solution"?
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:06 pm

Just out of curiosity, what's the "official solution"?
Do I look like I know? There are no "too easy" solutions like in "Suspicious Silence" and that's all I care about. Originally this level was so much more broken because it had blink (and flash) and that allowed you to ruin the WHOLE thing. We removed blink and flash, solved the level without them, tried to find more shortcuts, but didn't find any. We did find different solutions, but they were all "hard" in one way or another, so we thought it's OK.
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:07 am

Do I look like I know? There are no "too easy" solutions like in "Suspicious Silence" and that's all I care about. Originally this level was so much more broken because it had blink (and flash) and that allowed you to ruin the WHOLE thing. We removed blink and flash, solved the level without them, tried to find more shortcuts, but didn't find any. We did find different solutions, but they were all "hard" in one way or another, so we thought it's OK.
WHOA. :shock:

Thanks for criticizing me for sharing a solution. :roll:
Why so hostile? I wasn't even criticizing/belittling the beta team. I simply thought it would be nice to share a solution that didn't require those (in my opinion) troublesome chompers and let people score more points. Besides, I thought my solution was counted as a shortcut? (which is the whole point of posting in the topic) :?

Also, I asked for the official solution as I wanted to know how this level was supposed to be solved.

Sorry if I came across as pompous or biting while sharing my solution, that was not my intention.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:55 am

Muz, I think SamuelThx was asking for the official solution to Z-Bot Vault, not Suspicious Silence...
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:33 am

samuelthx wrote:
WHOA. :shock:

Thanks for criticizing me for sharing a solution. :roll:
Why so hostile? I wasn't even criticizing/belittling the beta team. I simply thought it would be nice to share a solution that didn't require those (in my opinion) troublesome chompers and let people score more points. Besides, I thought my solution was counted as a shortcut? (which is the whole point of posting in the topic) :?

Also, I asked for the official solution as I wanted to know how this level was supposed to be solved.

Sorry if I came across as pompous or biting while sharing my solution, that was not my intention.
Sorry for coming off as rude. I wasn't meaning to. I apologize. Vocal intonations and facial expressions do not exist on the Internet, but I was writing that post fairly late at night (I think), so I forgot that. Try to imagine that first "Do I look like I know?" being read in the silliest, most over-the-top voice imaginable and then you'll hear it the way I heard it in my head.

Thing is, after blink and flash were removed, I don't think there was an official "solution video" and I'm not MS, I'm merely one of the beta testers... so I can't possibly know what the "official" solution was, except for some vague parts and moments.

I'm pretty sure using Flo/Pow and not killing the bottom chompers was the intended way and that the top chompers were fully intended to be flung into the fire on the right, not Powed manually. That's as much as I know and remember about the official solution.

I was also trying to communicate the simple fact that this shortcut, while interesting, does not break the level, so I'm completely OK with its existence. "Suspicious Silence", however, turned out to be broken as all hell. Since I tested it fairly thoroughly -- or thought I did -- I consider "Suspicious Silence" a personal failure on my part as a tester. "Z-Bot Vault", however, is fine, unless someone discovers something truly level-breaking.
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:44 pm

Muzozavr wrote:Sorry for coming off as rude. I wasn't meaning to. I apologize. Vocal intonations and facial expressions do not exist on the Internet, but I was writing that post fairly late at night (I think), so I forgot that. Try to imagine that first "Do I look like I know?" being read in the silliest, most over-the-top voice imaginable and then you'll hear it the way I heard it in my head.

Thing is, after blink and flash were removed, I don't think there was an official "solution video" and I'm not MS, I'm merely one of the beta testers... so I can't possibly know what the "official" solution was, except for some vague parts and moments.

I'm pretty sure using Flo/Pow and not killing the bottom chompers was the intended way and that the top chompers were fully intended to be flung into the fire on the right, not Powed manually. That's as much as I know and remember about the official solution.

I was also trying to communicate the simple fact that this shortcut, while interesting, does not break the level, so I'm completely OK with its existence. "Suspicious Silence", however, turned out to be broken as all hell. Since I tested it fairly thoroughly -- or thought I did -- I consider "Suspicious Silence" a personal failure on my part as a tester. "Z-Bot Vault", however, is fine, unless someone discovers something truly level-breaking.
It's ok. I would like to apologize for snapping in my previous post too. :oops:
If you want to discuss the pros and cons of multiple solution paths, feel free to do so in another topic...
In that spirit, I was just trying to show an alternative for solving this level, and offer a small suggestion that could have made this level more challenging. I do realise that it may have sounded snobbish, and I did not mean to imply in any way that you did not do your job properly, or that the level is broken.

...So, we good?
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:54 pm

It's OK and it didn't sound snobbish. I didn't feel offended in any way, it was a simple failure of communication on my part.

So, yes, "we good". :D Your alternate solution is a wonderful blend of logic and imagination, by the way. I actually really like it. 8)
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:34 am

tyteen4a03 wrote:Floing 101

This one is not a very complicated one, but I was surprised even the beta testers (okay, just Q and MS) used the other method which can be quite tedious.
Spoiler wrote:
The original method is Flo and run, which consists of trapping the chompers in Flo bubbles and run like mad.

My solution:
0. Finish the other parts of the level, and make sure the wee stinkers are behind the red gate to avoid accidents
1. Release the chompers, and make sure both run down the hallway
2. Run and stand on the orange gate and place 3 vertical Flo bubbles to your right
3. Lure the chompers into the bottom 2 bubbles
4. Wait for the bubble to burst, and let the fireflower's (stacked) fireballs do its magic
It's actually possible to win the level with the ONLY Floing spells you need used for the Spikeyball at the beginning. First, use tyteen's trick to open the orange gate, kill the chompers, and get the gems. Then, bringing the wee stinker with you, stand in the middle of the small square room on the right and have the wee stinker step on the blue timer. He'll bounce right into you!
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:51 pm

This one's almost as good as my "Rescue Mission B" trick. :wink: It allows you to win the level using only 4/7 Pows (the intended solution uses all 7) and collect all the gems and coins. However, I confess that it requires some glitches and fast fingers. (But no worries, I tested it before posting it here.)

Master Class
1. Use Grow to kill the shooting Z-Bot at the top as he comes down.
2. Get all 3 Brr spells, head to the lower right corner of the area, and put one Brr pad below the gray floor strip.
3. Put another Brr pad one square to the left and 3 squares above the other one, so the wall is right above it. This may seem weird, but it'll make sense later.
4. Go back up to the moving master class Z-Bots. This is another hard part, but if you do it at the right time, you can slip a Brr spell through the AutoDoors and freeze the right Z-Bot on the round button.
5. Get 4 Pow spells.
6. Get the gem in the lower left corner. (It's better to do this after the hard action parts, because that way, the Z-Bot will be in better positions when you do it and you won't have to wait longer for them to align again.)
7. The ZapBot's shooting range isn't overwhelming. When the ZapBot is by the top, slide up to the gray floor strip it's on and shoot the isolated Master Class Z-Bot.
8. Run back down and slide across the Brr pad into the room with the coins.
9. The reason I said to put that Brr tablet so high was so you'd be able to get onto it sooner and escape the ZapBot. Anyway, there's a glitch in ZapBot programming where a ZapBot shooting at an item (coins, keys, gems, etc.) will keep shooting for a second after it's moved. Therefore, it'll shoot past the space next to you. Collect all the coins except the one in the lower right corner. Stand to the left of that remaining coin. When the ZapBot comes by, watch how he shoots and how his laser stays shooting for an extra second and destroys a power cube. The second time he comes by, his laser will destroy the powder keg, destroying every power cube.
10. Return to the AutoDoor area, and similarly to step 4, shoot the Z-Bot who held the round button for you.
11. Shoot the remaining Z-Bot.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:28 pm

Step 4 was part of the intended MS solution, which I *still* find ridiculous to this day. Step 2 was the way I got around that. Also, surely you mean "above" and not "below", right?

By using the shooting zapbot to kill the one between the autodoors I was able to save 1 Pow with no glitches. I still think the best "normal" solution is freezing that tile you describe in step 2, then you can freeze the "between doors" z-bot, then (in non-panicky circumstances!) freeze the one on the button. Get POWs and now you can get all the z-bots by circling around the level.

During beta testing I was SO sure this was the intended solution I didn't even report it. I was congratulating Patrick on smart puzzle design, then I saw his video solution... it felt weird. Then mette reported this idea, then Patrick removed the floor tile in the bottom right corner, then we fought back and got Patrick to put it back in the final version. :lol: It's quite a story.
This one's almost as good as my "Rescue Mission B" trick.
Nah, nothing is as good as that. Ever. That trick is one of those "can't be topped" things, it's just SO good and completely legit. To me, reading about it felt like a sudden shift of something BIG in all the WA-related areas of my brain.

(For me and MasterWonderMage the "can't be topped" trick is the one on "The Purple Shard".)