Interesting POTZ Solutions (SPOILERS)

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:56 pm

Muzozavr wrote:Step 4 was part of the intended MS solution, which I *still* find ridiculous to this day. Step 2 was the way I got around that. Also, surely you mean "above" and not "below", right? In step 2? No, I'm pretty sure I meant below. Can you please explain? I'm a bit confused as to exactly what you mean.

By using the shooting zapbot to kill the one between the autodoors I was able to save 1 Pow with no glitches. The ZapBot, or the shooting Master Class Z-Bot? I killed the Master Class Z-Bot immediately, and used the ZapBot to destroy the power cubes, but your solution never occured to me. You're a genius. I still think the best "normal" solution is freezing that tile you describe in step 2, then you can freeze the "between doors" z-bot, then (in non-panicky circumstances!) freeze the one on the button. Get POWs and now you can get all the z-bots by circling around the level.

During beta testing I was SO sure this was the intended solution I didn't even report it. I was congratulating Patrick on smart puzzle design, then I saw his video solution... it felt weird. Then mette reported this idea, then Patrick removed the floor tile in the bottom right corner, The Brr "fast recovery" trick could still be used there, actually. To be honest, I would've supported Patrick on this one. :wink: then we fought back and got Patrick to put it back in the final version. :lol: It's quite a story.
All very interesting. I think the "ZapBot laser" glitch is one of the most fun new POTZ glitches. (It actually helped me with "Rescue Mission B".) Don't you think it could lead to some interesting puzzles? :wink:

EDIT: Happy 2nd page! :D

EDIT2: As I was posting, you responded to my mentioning "Rescue Mission B". Again, thanks! :wink: The trick to "The Purple Shard" was ingenious too.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:19 am

Wonderland King wrote:
Muzozavr wrote:Step 4 was part of the intended MS solution, which I *still* find ridiculous to this day. Step 2 was the way I got around that. Also, surely you mean "above" and not "below", right? In step 2? No, I'm pretty sure I meant below. Can you please explain? I'm a bit confused as to exactly what you mean.
It's OK, I just misunderstood. We're talking about the same thing, but I was thinking about the specific tile that was gone instead of the one that's the end of the zap-bot's "trail".

By using the shooting zapbot to kill the one between the autodoors I was able to save 1 Pow with no glitches. The ZapBot, or the shooting Master Class Z-Bot? I killed the Master Class Z-Bot immediately, and used the ZapBot to destroy the power cubes, but your solution never occured to me. You're a genius. The shooting Master Class one, I used it to kill the one between the autodoors, just seemed like a natural thing to do. I still think the best "normal" solution is freezing that tile you describe in step 2, then you can freeze the "between doors" z-bot, then (in non-panicky circumstances!) freeze the one on the button. Get POWs and now you can get all the z-bots by circling around the level.

During beta testing I was SO sure this was the intended solution I didn't even report it. I was congratulating Patrick on smart puzzle design, then I saw his video solution... it felt weird. Then mette reported this idea, then Patrick removed the floor tile in the bottom right corner, The Brr "fast recovery" trick could still be used there, actually. To be honest, I would've supported Patrick on this one. :wink: I wanted to save that solution as a "legit" one for normal people, the "intended" solution is just weird and makes little sense. then we fought back and got Patrick to put it back in the final version. :lol: It's quite a story.
All very interesting. I think the "ZapBot laser" glitch is one of the most fun new POTZ glitches. (It actually helped me with "Rescue Mission B".) Don't you think it could lead to some interesting puzzles? :wink: Yes, it's a fun thing to use.

EDIT: Happy 2nd page! :D

EDIT2: As I was posting, you responded to my mentioning "Rescue Mission B". Again, thanks! :wink: The trick to "The Purple Shard" was ingenious too.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:02 am

I just realized that you don't need the "ZapBot laser" glitch if you kill the moving master class Z-Bots first, and make the isolated Z-Bot and ZapBot the last ones you kill - once you go to the coin area, if all you have left to do is shoot the ZapBot, there's no need to leave that area.

EDIT: Combining the methods of
using the Z-Bot in the upper left corner to shoot the other two
and
using Brr to go up the gray strip, killing the Z-Bot there, and then sliding on a Brr pad to get the coins and then shooting the ZapBot
it's possible to win the level using only 3 Pows, and no glitches at all. I tested it. (But quick fingers are a must.) :wink:
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:41 am

Never mind, sorry. Ignore this post.