POTZ - Floingpowpop - Barren Underground

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:00 am

Wonderland King wrote:
samuelthx wrote:As long I don't reveal the method to him/her.
Not to be rude, but why does it need to be like a secret? After all, it's just about doing things with files that tweetyangel already has on his/her computer. (Although downloading the WA3E would be a must, but that's free to anyone.)
Wait what? You're trying to edit the .wlv itself? That might be a bit dangerous, I dunno.
There's another safer way to reposition the Jeebo in-game, and that needs to be kept a secret. That's why I requested for the save file.
But your method works too actually. I never thought of that :P
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:41 am

Okay, now I know what you mean. Sorry for the confusion. :oops:

So there are some bugs with the experiments I'm running. I could easily run a few more tests to try another possible solution, but I really don't see the point, to be honest, because if we got Patrick involved, he could deal with it much quicker than any of us could. Do you think I should PM Patrick about these bugs? (When I say "these" I'm talking about the Jeeboo Bug and the Hubble Bug - if we're dealing with game-breaking bugs that can make you fail in the hub, we might as well deal with every known one there is.) He could probably help tweetyangel, and I'm sure he'd want to update POTZ to fix them.

EDIT: 7,800th post in this subforum. :)
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:42 am

Wonderland King wrote: Do you think I should PM Patrick about these bugs?
Yeah, why not? The Jeebo bug is ridiculously game-breaking. Reporting other minor bugs won't hurt too :)

@tweetyangel You could either send me your save file or wait for the patch. It's up to you :)
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:58 pm

To be honest, I'm not sure if sending the savefile would be allowed. I know you have POTZ, it's just that I'm not sure what exactly the rules on piracy are... maybe it would be more a "If I say yes once, I'll have to always say yes" kind of thing, I dunno. But I'll let Patrick decide. :wink:

I'm going to PM him about the bugs. :)

EDIT: PM sent. :)
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:26 am

Wonderland King wrote:To be honest, I'm not sure if sending the savefile would be allowed. I know you have POTZ, it's just that I'm not sure what exactly the rules on piracy are... maybe it would be more a "If I say yes once, I'll have to always say yes" kind of thing, I dunno. But I'll let Patrick decide. :wink:
TBH I don't see how sending a save file would be considered as piracy or whatsoever. The save file merely contains a saved state of where the player last stopped the game, so nothing that contains important game data can actually be extracted out.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:48 pm

Well, you can still get quite a bit from it. But I really think it would be best to wait for Patrick's permission. Then again, once he sees this, he'll probably want to handle tweetyangel's problem himself. :wink:

I'll let you all know once that PM makes it to my sentbox...
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:34 pm

He saw it by now. :)