Screen goes in slow motion

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
debrastainer

Screen goes in slow motion

Post by debrastainer » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:26 pm

When i am in star town - the movement is really slow - its fine 99% of the timem but just got to OPEN THE BLAST DOORS and it does the same. I came across one other level too that did that - it was so frustrating I bypassed the level - any ideas how to fix that?
Hard to bypass this level - so could do with a fix.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:10 pm

I think the entire beta team (including MS and myself) has never encountered anything similar, so I'm afraid I have no idea on how to solve this particular problem.

If this was just Star Town I could understand it, but "Open the Blast Doors" is also slow? Something weird is happening. :?
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:26 am

I had that problem often. usually after playing for a while, but not always in the same locations. It would suddenly slow to a crawl and even opening the save menu would take a minute or two. I figured it was my computer processor. I don't have an old computer, but it's certainly not the newest thing.

I was able to make things better right away by exiting the game and going back in. That would give me enough time to play for a while again.

I also had to make sure nothing else was running. No browser, No email, no desktop gadgets. Things that run in the background like dropbox, printer software, etc - the things you never think about. When I did that, I could play for longer periods of time.

But again, it's most likely the computer processor you (or I) are using and not the game itself.
Loirae
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:42 am

Sounds like you're running out of memory, maybe? Try opening task manager and looking at the CPU Usage, if it's really high then something is eating up a lot of memory.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:27 pm

I used to have a problem saving and loading games when I was beta testing. It would go really really slow because of my antivirus software.

If you use Mcafee, make sure you turn off the Real-Time Scanning feature if your CPU isn't very good like mine and it should speed up saving/loading times.
debrastainer

Post by debrastainer » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:16 pm

I've tried cleaning the pc and all kinds of things - but because its slow - its impossible to get thru the level - very frustrating :(
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:33 pm

What kind of CPU and how much RAM do you have?
debrastainer

Post by debrastainer » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:44 am

I thought i would try it on my laptop - i tried copying the game over- but it didn't keep my saved games - is there a way to do that?
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:41 am

If you didn't have local save on then you'll need to find where they were saved on your computer. Then you can replace the profile folder on your laptop with the saved one and you should have all your save files back. :)
Pauline
debrastainer

Post by debrastainer » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:32 pm

Disabled my security and that did the trick. finally got the 135 stars.
working on the next piece of the puzzle now
Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:59 pm

That happens to me when I was playing a custom adventure because my CPU usage got over 100%
I am getting outta here, nothing is new, everything is boring.