This topic is for sharing releases of our work done at OpenWA repository. We'll occasionally post testing releases for you here.
Please cooperate with us and test our builds so we can know your experience in the new features and changes made in the editor
CURRENT RELEASE: WA EDITOR V10.2.0-BETA1
We are proud to release our first beta version of WA Editor v10.2.0. There are many changes done in this version than in the ones before!
How To Install? Simple! Create a copy of your current WA Editor folder and copy all the contents of that WA_Editor_Beta.zip into this new copy.
- You can now select almost any colour between 0-15 for teleporters, gems, cuboids, laser gates and star trails
- Bridges and springs are now available in all the colours
- Custom textures applicable to block gates, flipbridges and transporters
- There are now two types of bridges: one with SubType 1 that respond to colour changes and SubType 0 for backward compatibility
- Enabled ModelName modifier in the editor, made it work like custom texture - ?ModelPath instead of !CustomModel and TextData0, backward compatibility preserved
- Side effect of the latter: custom meshes can use custom textures without any problem now (see new Custom Tex preset)
- Removed Tex .wop presets and enabled TextureName in all default presets in their place
- Added Multi-Object mode in the editor
- number of objects on tile displayed next to X,Y coordinates
- Ctrl+Left Click places objects without deleting other objects on tile
- Ctrl+Right Click cycles copies object parameters cycling through objects on tile
- Ctrl+Del deletes last copied object from tile (just Del deletes all objects on tile)
- Added homing behavior added for spellballs
- Added OSE (Open Source Extension) i.e you can set custom configurations for adventures by using a script file similar to INI
- Now you can modify general behavior of an adventure using a file named 'options.ose' in the adventure folder
- Currently only Global section and Version variable is supported
- It specifies the game if it should run the adventure as it was in legacy editor or in new editor
- Unified object read/write code for editor and player hence objects appear same in both editor and player
- Colour textures are now created from selected button texture and shared in the whole .wlv
- Remastered textures for keycards, transporters and both conveyor types
- All the custom textures are loaded only once and shared between the objects (huge performance improvement)
- Object Oriented Programming used for objects which speeds up editor (player needs testing)
- Included GNU FreeMono font so font display is less OS-dependent
Wanna support in development, join the OpenWA team now!