New Level (Advanced) -- Spooky Scary Stinker!

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

New Level (Advanced) -- Spooky Scary Stinker!

Post by Muzozavr » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:15 pm

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a new Muzozavr level appears!

BOOOOOOOOO! :lol:

I had this idea for a long time and never got around to using it, then I slowly fell out of the game, then I was too busy to do much of anything here... but it's Halloween, and everybody is entitled to one good puzzle. :wink: There's some distant inspiration from an earlier Mark level, but it's so distant that I think even Mark won't recognize which level pushed my brain along this path... even after he solves this. It's that distant.

To make the mood better, this level uses a dlcs18 custom texture called "Haunted", which you can find here:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13219

"Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine..." (that famous Halloween meme song by Andrew Gold)

It looks like a simple enough puzzle, not much of a stinker at all, but as usual with my levels, there's a bit more to it than meets the eye. I tried to make it look as simple as possible, to a point that it feels almost Halloween-eerie that it's not working out the way you think it should. :wink:

Since you can't see the difference with custom textures: the bridge tile is 3-step. Yes, there's a reason for that. Good luck!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Muzozavr on Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Re: New Level (Advanced) -- Spooky Scary Stinker!

Post by TheoX » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:31 pm

The texture link is broken!

I'll try and find time to have a go at this level too. No promises yet though, I'm working now and going to a Halloween party later. :wink:
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
Currently making synth music as DreaMeter
I make 2d games too at: TheoX.itch.io
My old sig-bar image broke but I'm still thanking Pauline and Janet forever for their art. <3
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:31 pm

Apparently, the forum is weird and broke the link. It's not difficult to fix it yourself once you see what the forum software did to it, but just in case, I changed it. The link is fixed now. It looks weirder than it was before, but it actually works.

Have fun with the Halloween party!
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Amnon » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:32 am

Wow, what a STINKER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much for this great level!!!!!!