WSW- The Old Windmill

Questions and solutions to Wonderland, Return to Wonderland, and Secret Worlds.
wonderland01
Rainbow Master

WSW- The Old Windmill

Post by wonderland01 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:37 pm

I'm so confused. I do not get Midnight Synergy's online solution at ALL! Can some one explain it to me in plain english. Thanks a lot. :wink:
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:13 pm

Hi wonderland01,

I created the level and wrote the solution (seems like a very looong time ago), so I should be able to help you. Please clarify what doesn't make sense, and I'll try to explain it differently.

Best,
Mette
\Mette
wonderland01
Rainbow Master

Post by wonderland01 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:08 pm

Basically, it's the second half.
Use Loof to push the rightmost of these to the right and the boulder on the yellow circle down. Place Loof on the light blue X. Move Stinky down pushing the boulder and position him 2 squares above the teleporter without disturbing any other boulders. Make Loof push the bottom boulder right and the boulder above the ice right. Make Stinky push the boulder down and along the light blue path to the yellow X. Push the boulders on the dark blue and yellow X up. The remaining two boulders can now be pushed through the teleporter, along the light blue path and up from the dark blue X. Use the metal boxes hidden in the wall (green X) to complete the bridge. Use Loof to collect the key behind the windmill. Collect remaining keys and bonus coins and exit.
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:15 pm

OK. I'll have a look at it :)
\Mette
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:15 pm

I think I need to replay the level to write a different solution. The thing is: Mu copy of WSW is on the computer that died (see post in general discussion). So I can't help you until I get my computer back up and running :cry: . Sorry :cry:
\Mette
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:42 am

Well because of Mette's computer problems, I replayed this level and I think the online solution is pretty clear, so I think it's not usefull to write another complete walkthrough. But If you can explain what your problem is Dakota, I'll be happy to help.

I think we can divide this level in at least two parts.
-1 To get the 6 boulders and the 2 steel boxes at the right place in the water to get the last key and reach the exit.
-2 To get the boulders out of the bottom left room (partly 2 persons needed) to the right, and then through the TP.
(3 Get rid of chompers)

So please tell me what part you have problems with. :D
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:47 am

Thanks for pitching in, Marinus :D
\Mette
wonderland01
Rainbow Master

Post by wonderland01 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:17 pm

When I get into the lower left room with the boulders, the online solution confuses me. It's not clear. Could someone clear the bottom left room up for me :?:
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:00 pm

When the bottom right room is empty, Stinky enters the bottom left room. Step Down on the ice, 2 x Left. Up pushing center boulder, LUU into the alcove, waiting for Loof.

Loof enters room. Step Up and push boulder Left. (2 upper boulders are 1 tile left to where they were) Walk around to the other side and push the same boulder Right into the corner. Go LDLLD to the bottom left corner.

Stinky pushes boulder down, leaves the room, all the way Right, then one step Up.

Loof, push boulder Right, step RUURR, push D and push other boulder R through corridor.

Stinky takes care of it, and returns to his place.

Loof walks around mushroom, pushes other boulder R, steps U and push R, through corridor. Stinky does his job again.

Loof pushes other boulder D, push R and push R (last boulder remains in corner of course)

I hope this will be more clear. :D