The Z-Bot question.

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

^_^
Rainbow SuperStar

The Z-Bot question.

Post by ^_^ » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:08 pm

I need to ask a question about those Z-bots.

What does the letter 'Z' stand for?
If you can look at my avatar for 19 minutes, without closing your eyes, you must be great.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:17 pm

I don't know the answer to your question. However, here is some information about earlier Z-bots. Even the name Wonderland is mentioned, but there is no article about.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zbots
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by ^_^ » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:54 pm

Toys? OMG
If you can look at my avatar for 19 minutes, without closing your eyes, you must be great.
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:54 pm

Z-bots are one of the computer controlled enemies in the Wonderland (game) series.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:05 pm

DEEMAN223344 wrote:Z-bots are one of the computer controlled enemies in the Wonderland (game) series.
That doesn't answer ^_^'s question. If you know what a Z-bot is, then you will know that.
CatHat5678
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by CatHat5678 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:57 pm

The original Idea for wonderland was that you controlled three different robots. I'm not sure what they were all called, but there was one called the Zip-bot which moved very fast, but would explode on water. The Z-bot is based on that bot. So, in short, the "Z" stands for Zip
Why did the chicken cross the road?
Because if the road crossed the chicken the old lady's would trip over the bump!
(no offence to anyone who thinks of themselves as "old")
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:08 pm

Midnight Synergy wrote:In a very early concept draft of the game, you were going to be in control of three robots on a space ship, each with different abilities. The “Wee-Bot” was small and zippy, the “Zee-Bot” could zap objects with electricity, and the “Zero-Gee-Bot” could hover over chasms. The Wee-Bot concept survived into the final Wonderland game, where it became the Z-Bot.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:11 pm

The Z doesn't actually stand for anything. In fact, Z-Bots should be W-Bots, because as it says here:

EH??? I have to write all that from memory? I THOUGHT I HAD IT PIED! Hang on... In a very early concept draft of the game, you were going to be in control of three robots on a space ship, each with different abilities. The “Wee-Bot” was small and zippy, the “Zee-Bot” could zap objects with electricity, and the “Zero-Gee-Bot” could hover over chasms. The Wee-Bot concept survived into the final Wonderland game, where it became the Z-Bot.

So in short, the above idea is close, but a bit off.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
CatHat5678
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by CatHat5678 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:11 pm

billy bob wrote:
Midnight Synergy wrote:In a very early concept draft of the game, you were going to be in control of three robots on a space ship, each with different abilities. The “Wee-Bot” was small and zippy, the “Zee-Bot” could zap objects with electricity, and the “Zero-Gee-Bot” could hover over chasms. The Wee-Bot concept survived into the final Wonderland game, where it became the Z-Bot.
Thanks for the correction :wink:
Why did the chicken cross the road?
Because if the road crossed the chicken the old lady's would trip over the bump!
(no offence to anyone who thinks of themselves as "old")
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:13 pm

billy bob wrote:
YOU WHAT!? Ugh, all that for nothing...
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:38 pm

Cat Hat wrote:Thanks for the correction
Since the Wee-bot was small and zippy you were actually right, calling it a Zip-Bot, which also explains the "Z". 8)