*SPOILERY QUESTION*

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

*SPOILERY QUESTION*

Post by rainbowmon » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:40 am

Alright, hopefully, putting "SPOILERY" in the thread title is enough to deter those who don't want spoilers.

So, I beat PotZ a couple of months ago. I ultimately decided upon putting the .ogg soundtrack files on my phone with my other music, including the hidden Waiting For You - Lyrics version and Piano version. I have to admit, I was not expecting a lyrical song at the end, and I absolutely LOVE it. But... I, admittedly, can't quite catch all the lyrics... Any chance someone with a better ear can give me a transcription?
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Re: *SPOILERY QUESTION*

Post by FinnThor » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:19 pm

rainbowgamer wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:40 am
Any chance someone with a better ear can give me a transcription?
Can you give me the .ogg file or tell me which file it is?
Cheese!

Cheese Vs Pirates, featuring Finn, Timecrokba, and Yoda!
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Lazy Loof » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:49 pm

FinnThor wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:19 pm
rainbowgamer wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:40 am
Any chance someone with a better ear can give me a transcription?
Can you give me the .ogg file or tell me which file it is?
In your POTZ Data\LevelTextures folder, look for a file named "summary.wdf". Create a copy of it and change its extension to .ogg. (for this, you might have to enable extensions in Folder Options, if not enabled)
Previously known as Aryan101
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:29 pm

...Any luck with this? (Sorry if I seem impatient.)
MaccamatBux

Post by MaccamatBux » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:48 am

This is as close as I can understand the lyrics. I also had some help from someone else on YouTube.
There are a few parts I am still uncertain about.

There's a place not far I know of
Where adventure calls to me
Where round each bend tiny mysteries end
Way out past the sea

Where the streams are shimmering silvery sights
And the roaming hills are green
Where the mountains and horizon meet
That is where you'll find me

I'll fly out to the rainbow's end where mystic powers draw you under then/under and/Wonderland
I'll climb up to the highest peak and run across the meadow creek and that's where you'll discover Wonderland

Where your dreams and heart collide
Where imagination roams
Where every end is a happy end
Where you can be too

Where the sun shines for me down when you're not (This is the one lyric we absolutely have no certain idea on)
And the breeze flows through the trees
Where adventures keeps us calling back
That's where you'll find me
I'll be waiting for you
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:26 am

MaccamatBux wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:48 am
This is as close as I can understand the lyrics. I also had some help from someone else on YouTube.
There are a few parts I am still uncertain about.

Where adventure calls to me
Where round each bend tiny mysteries end
Way out past the sea

Where the streams are shimmering silvery sights
And the roaming hills are green
Where the mountains and horizon meet
That is where you'll find me

I'll fly out to the rainbow's end where mystic powers draw you under then/under and/Wonderland
I'll climb up to the highest peak and run across the meadow creek and that's where you'll discover Wonderland

Where your dreams and heart collide
Where imagination roams
Where every end is a happy end
Where you can be too

Where the sun shines for me down when you're not (This is the one lyric we absolutely have no certain idea on)
And the breeze flows through the trees
Where adventures keeps us calling back
That's where you'll find me
I'll be waiting for you
Like i mentioned on YouTube, the whole song has a "Billy Joel's Cold Spring Harbor", effect. If you don't know what i mean, the original tape for the album was sped up by 7%. But here, it seems like the voice was sped up intentionally. But the first line from the last verse is very weird, and i can't seem to make it out.
Kamerson
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by Kamerson » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:46 pm

To me, the first line of the last verse sounds like "Where the sun shines warmly down on your neck"
Hi, I'm Kamerson! I'm a pretty experienced puzzle gamer! Check out my Twitch channel where I have livestreams every Monday and Friday, sometimes playing the Wonderland games!

https://www.twitch.tv/kamerson
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:25 pm

Kamerson wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:46 pm
To me, the first line of the last verse sounds like "Where the sun shines warmly down on your neck"
That makes much more sense.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:13 pm

Another mystery solved!
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:43 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:13 pm
Another mystery solved!
A new mystery opens up. Who wrote this song? If you go on Dan Reynolds' (who composed the POTZ soundtrack) website, he says, in a post dating October 10,2010, "Dan is thrilled to be working on two brand new projects! One is an upcoming game out of Midnight Synergy using the extraordinary voice of singer and vocal actress Mary Morgan and another is an unannounced project employing the world-class Philadelphia Boys Choir and Men's Chorale". So from this, it seems to me that the vocals of "Waiting for You" were recorded around late 2010. It leaves open the question of who wrote the song. I would assume it was Dan Reynolds, but i really don't know. I will try to email him and see if he knows the answer.
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:08 am

I emailed Dan Reynolds. This was his reply:

Hi,

Are you referring to this thread? http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27703

If so, I wrote the lyrics, the song, etc. It's a pretty cheesy song. A lot of my Wonderland Adventures work was inspired by Alan Manken, in particular "Just Around The Riverbend."

To the other questions on the thread, the lyric is "where the sun shines warmly down on your back;" and regarding Mary's timbre. Mary is a really great Voice Actor and can affect her voice to create a variety of characters, but back then, I was pretty new to writing for another vocalist and she was kind of new to singing work, so when I asked her for her range, she gave me a pretty wide range (maybe like 2 and a half octaves?). Which if you're familiar with song-writing, is insanely wide. I gave her a spec that this was for a Disney-esque feel and I think she went with a kind of Snow White vocalization, which is almost entirely in the head--meanwhile, I wrote a super demanding piece that stretched wide and was looking for more of a belting voice (which is usually in the chest and lower). Unfortunately, it was way too wide of a range, so I had to re-arrange the ending and even then it was still pushing her range back then. If I were writing the piece today, I would've done a much smaller modulation in the bridge so it kept the vocals in the singer's sweet spot for the whole song. Mary is a really great vocalist, but I just didn't have the experience back then to know better.

Re: The secret piano track is actually my sketch (it's me fumbling around on the piano), which I sent Patrick for the track approval. Patrick liked it so much, he wanted to include it in the game.

Hope that helps!
Kamerson
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by Kamerson » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:35 am

gottfriedjacob5 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:08 am
I emailed Dan Reynolds. This was his reply:

Hi,

Are you referring to this thread? http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27703

If so, I wrote the lyrics, the song, etc. It's a pretty cheesy song. A lot of my Wonderland Adventures work was inspired by Alan Manken, in particular "Just Around The Riverbend."

To the other questions on the thread, the lyric is "where the sun shines warmly down on your back;" and regarding Mary's timbre. Mary is a really great Voice Actor and can affect her voice to create a variety of characters, but back then, I was pretty new to writing for another vocalist and she was kind of new to singing work, so when I asked her for her range, she gave me a pretty wide range (maybe like 2 and a half octaves?). Which if you're familiar with song-writing, is insanely wide. I gave her a spec that this was for a Disney-esque feel and I think she went with a kind of Snow White vocalization, which is almost entirely in the head--meanwhile, I wrote a super demanding piece that stretched wide and was looking for more of a belting voice (which is usually in the chest and lower). Unfortunately, it was way too wide of a range, so I had to re-arrange the ending and even then it was still pushing her range back then. If I were writing the piece today, I would've done a much smaller modulation in the bridge so it kept the vocals in the singer's sweet spot for the whole song. Mary is a really great vocalist, but I just didn't have the experience back then to know better.

Re: The secret piano track is actually my sketch (it's me fumbling around on the piano), which I sent Patrick for the track approval. Patrick liked it so much, he wanted to include it in the game.

Hope that helps!
Very interesting read! Dan Reynolds sounds like a very experienced composer! Does there exist a discography of his other works?

Also, this lyric is tough to tell as well: "mystic powers draw you under then/under and/Wonderland". I wonder what that one's supposed to be? :stinkyconfused:
Hi, I'm Kamerson! I'm a pretty experienced puzzle gamer! Check out my Twitch channel where I have livestreams every Monday and Friday, sometimes playing the Wonderland games!

https://www.twitch.tv/kamerson
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:32 pm

Maybe time to send a followup email.
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:20 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:32 pm
Maybe time to send a followup email.
I emailed Dan Reynolds this morning, and am hoping for an answer. So far he has not replied.
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:46 am

He gave me the entire music sheet via gmail. I don't know how to send it to you guys without exposing my gmail account. But here are the lyrics:

where adventure calls to me.
Where 'round each bend, tiny mysteries end
way out past the sea.

Where the streams are shimming silvery sights,
and the rolling hills are green.
Where the mountains and horizon meet,
that's where you'll find me

Oh, fly out to the rain bow's- end where mystic powers draw you under land.
Oh, climb up to the highest peak and run across the meadow creek and that's where you'll discover Wonderland!

Where your dreams and heart collide,
where imagination rules
where every end is a happy end,
where you can be too.

Where the sun shines warmly down on your back,
and the breeze blows through the trees,
where adventure keeps us coming back,
that's where you'll find me.
I'll be waiting for you.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:48 am

Nice. Well, the lyrics are almost what was imagined so not bad.
Could you screenshot the music sheet and then crop or blur out your email in Paint?
I'm not sure if you should be sharing that though...
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:58 am

Wonderman109 wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:48 am
Could you screenshot the music sheet and then crop or blur out your email in Paint?
Sharing what? My gmail or the music sheet? Dan actually instructed me to share the music sheet with the forum.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:38 pm

gottfriedjacob5 wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:58 am
Wonderman109 wrote:
Sharing what? My gmail or the music sheet? Dan actually instructed me to share the music sheet with the forum.
You could always zip up the file(s) and then upload them as a forum post attachment if it's not too big.
Other than that, there's always file hosting sites such as Dropbox, Google Drive, MEGA, Mediafire, etc.
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:43 pm

jdl wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:38 pm
gottfriedjacob5 wrote:
Wonderman109 wrote:
You could always zip up the file(s) and then upload them as a forum post attachment if it's not too big.
Other than that, there's always file hosting sites such as Dropbox, Google Drive, MEGA, Mediafire, etc.
I actually asked Dan if he could share it directly with the forum. He has not answered yet. He would have to register, so i am not sure how willing he would be to do that.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:59 pm

gottfriedjacob5 wrote:
Wonderman109 wrote:
Is the sheet a file or embedded in the email? If it's a file, what Jdl says works. Otherwise, just screenshot it and use a digital art program to crop out the rest of the picture aside the sheet.
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:06 pm

https://dochub.com/gottfriedjacob5/DL7J ... ore-v3-pdf

This should work. I am so thankful Dan shared this with us. And happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow American Wonderlanders.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:31 pm

gottfriedjacob5 wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:06 pm

This should work. I am so thankful Dan shared this with us. And happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow American Wonderlanders.
Just a heads up - apparently you need a DocHub account to be able to download the file. Is there some kind of permission setting you can change to make the download public?
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:39 pm

jdl wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:31 pm
gottfriedjacob5 wrote:

Just a heads up - apparently you need a DocHub account to be able to download the file. Is there some kind of permission setting you can change to make the download public?
This might work. https://dochub.com/gottfriedjacob5/DL7J ... ore-v3-pdf
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:43 pm

gottfriedjacob5 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:39 pm
jdl wrote:
gottfriedjacob5 wrote:

Still getting a "403 - Sign in Required" error.
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:03 pm

jdl wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:43 pm
gottfriedjacob5 wrote:
jdl wrote:

If you sign in, does it still not work?
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:51 am

gottfriedjacob5 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:03 pm
jdl wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:43 pm
gottfriedjacob5 wrote:

If you sign in, does it still not work?
That's what I was referring to when I asked if there was a way to make the download public.
There may be people like me who do not want to make an account on a website just to download a single file.
MaccamatBux

Post by MaccamatBux » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:31 pm

Kamerson wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:46 pm
That sounds much more right than anything I could hear.
Also it's nice to see you, I have watched a few of your videos on YouTube recently.
MaccamatBux

Post by MaccamatBux » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:37 pm

gottfriedjacob5 wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:46 am
He gave me the entire music sheet via gmail. I don't know how to send it to you guys without exposing my gmail account. But here are the lyrics:

where adventure calls to me.
Where 'round each bend, tiny mysteries end
way out past the sea.

Where the streams are shimming silvery sights,
and the rolling hills are green.
Where the mountains and horizon meet,
that's where you'll find me

Oh, fly out to the rain bow's- end where mystic powers draw you under land.
Oh, climb up to the highest peak and run across the meadow creek and that's where you'll discover Wonderland!

Where your dreams and heart collide,
where imagination rules
where every end is a happy end,
where you can be too.

Where the sun shines warmly down on your back,
and the breeze blows through the trees,
where adventure keeps us coming back,
that's where you'll find me.
I'll be waiting for you.
Wow, thanks for contacting him. This is so cool that we finally have the actual lyrics.
I'm really surprised that in the bridge though the lyric is "Oh," instead of "I'll"