Make all the games compatible to Windows 10 and forward

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

omarogi35
Gold Wonderlander

Make all the games compatible to Windows 10 and forward

Post by omarogi35 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:51 pm

So lately as most of you guys know, the Wonderland and Midnight Synergy games, in general, are not compatible with Windows 10 and forward much anymore. I was just wondering if it would be okay if the developers could make them more compatible, when I try to run the other games like Clones and Intensity XS, it shows an error screen and it does not run. Is there a way that I can make them compatible for my PC? I hope I posted in the right discussion here, lol.
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Re: Make all the games compatible to Windows 10 and forward

Post by Lazy Loof » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:06 pm

omarogi35 wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:51 pm
So lately as most of you guys know, the Wonderland and Midnight Synergy games, in general, are not compatible with Windows 10 and forward much anymore.
Correction, Wonderland games are compatible with Windows 10 and even Windows 11 provided that you enable DirectPlay in Windows Features, there are minor issues like debug mode not working, screen resolution error etc but they can be fixed very easily. Do check out this topic: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27741
omarogi35 wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:51 pm
I was just wondering if it would be okay if the developers could make them more compatible, when I try to run the other games like Clones and Intensity XS, it shows an error screen and it does not run. Is there a way that I can make them compatible for my PC? I hope I posted in the right discussion here, lol.
There's a workaround: use dxWnd. Instructions here: http://www.midnightsynergy.com/links.htm

Nevertheless, concerns about porting Wonderland games to modern engines are genuine and actually we are now working on that. Here's our progress on converting the games to modern BGFX library which supports many renderers (DirectX, OpenGL, Vulkun, Metal etc) and platforms (Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, Playstation 4 etc). Do check out their page here.
Previously known as Aryan101