RTW Multiplayer

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

nasko222
Rainbow Master

RTW Multiplayer

Post by nasko222 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:43 pm

Is anyone interested of me doing a mod like this? :stinkyhappy: :stinkyhappy: :stinkyhappy:

Player 1 Controls WASD
Player 2 Controls Arrow Keys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzFW2Om ... l=nasko222
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Re: RTW Multiplayer

Post by Jutomi » Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:18 pm

It definitely could be cool to have RTW multiplayer action! I'm sure it'd cause some kerfuffle in level designs dependent on switching, but it could be pretty cool to have something like this. :P

Of course, what would become of Quookie and Peegue? :| Guess you'd have to throw in a numbpad and a ijkl option or something :P
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:27 pm

Few hours later update...

The mod is fully working, PM me for download I cant share it on the open source subforum because RTW source code isn't officially out.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:56 am

Would love to see this work with Splitscreen! Using this in addition to Parsec will be a very interesting co-op experience, perhaps you can release a level pack to test it out once it's stable! :wink:

Another question: Would this go up to 4 players if all 4 original stinkers were there? or does the WASD player get playability for Stinky and Qookie, while the Arrow keys player get access for Loof and Peegue?

I'm keeping an eye on this, hopefully if you get the camera fixed then that would be really cool. :stinkyhappy:
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [33%, Paused]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:01 am

ab-47 wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:56 am
Would love to see this work with Splitscreen! Using this in addition to Parsec will be a very interesting co-op experience, perhaps you can release a level pack to test it out once it's stable! :wink:

Another question: Would this go up to 4 players if all 4 original stinkers were there? or does the WASD player get playability for Stinky and Qookie, while the Arrow keys player get access for Loof and Peegue?

I'm keeping an eye on this, hopefully if you get the camera fixed then that would be really cool. :stinkyhappy:

I already made a level pack from TOW and RTW, the best Stinky and Loof level collection, As I said, you can PM me here or DM me on discord (DMs are off usually but i think we have mutual servers so you can add me)

Yes it can go to 4 players potentially, WASD, IJKL, Arrow Keys and Numpad

As someone asked for 3D levels, I removed 3D mode entierely from the mod. I also removed any dynamic cameras, because theres now only a static camera for the level, so both players can see what they do at the same time.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:17 pm

Very interesting! I imagine the sound engine may have to be tweaked a bit since the camera is no longer focusing on a single character.
This actually reminded me of an old thread filled with community ideas for RTW/WA: https://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7129
Multiplayer was one of the ideas. Stairs/Escalators/Elevators for multi-floor puzzles and the ability to record/playback level solutions are definitely one of my favorite suggestions.
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:23 am

jdl wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:17 pm
Very interesting! I imagine the sound engine may have to be tweaked a bit since the camera is no longer focusing on a single character.
This actually reminded me of an old thread filled with community ideas for RTW/WA: https://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7129
Multiplayer was one of the ideas. Stairs/Escalators/Elevators for multi-floor puzzles and the ability to record/playback level solutions are definitely one of my favorite suggestions.
Oh Yes, I already fixed the sound engine while was doing the mod :D
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:25 am

PS: Because of my recent dual wielding levels, I think dual player is possible in WA1/2/3 but it requires more code tweeking than just CMD 41