Lost all my scores Help!

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

jperleevt
Rainbow Master

Lost all my scores Help!

Post by jperleevt » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:09 am

I just went back into RTW to play a few new cutom levles and half of my scores are gone. I had noticed this happens if you moved levels from one directiry to another. I had tried that to have a little bit better organization but when I moved the levels to a different directory all my scores were gone.
This time all I did was download three new levels. What is weird is that not all the scores are gone just the top half. Now it will be harder for me to remember which levels I've solved.
Granted i can go back and do them all again, but I like to keep track.

Has anyone else had this happen or am I the 'lucky' one.

Jen
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:51 am

Eeek, that's no fun! :(

RTW associates both name and filepath with the score, so any change in filepath will reset the score. The same happens obviously if you change anything to the level in the editor. But those are the only "official" reasons I can think of. Might be a bug, or maybe something I haven't thought of.
jperleevt
Rainbow Master

Post by jperleevt » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:20 am

So once you get a score on a level there is no way to move/copy it and keep the score?
I can live with that. But in this case nothing changed about the file paths and as I said it only happened to some of the levels. I do have 59 levels (all from March) in that directory if that matters.
I think this has happened before, but I chalked that up to me not remembering that I had solved a level I knew I had. In this case I'm sure it happened.

Thanks for responding so quick even if I'm SOL. :)

Jen
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:45 am

Mine change, of course, when I change things in the directory. However, every once in awhile, for no apparent reason, scores just "disappear!" Some will stay, though - and why some stay & others disappear is a real mystery to me! (Thank goodness they don't disappear in the standard game!!)
Majicaleetarina
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:47 am

Might be a bug then. I'll keep my eye out for this... if someone notices a pattern in this, please post.
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:36 am

This has been happening to me for about a month now.

It has occurred several times in one day! :roll:

I think it's the spooks doing it. :lol:

M.A.D. :evil: