Poll: New Forum Section "Best World Scores"?

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

What do you think about a "Best World Scores" Section?

I would love it, and participate in the highscore hunt.
44%
I'd be curious to read it, but wouldn't participate.
31%
I'm not at all that interested in highscores.
25%

Total votes: 32
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Poll: New Forum Section "Best World Scores"?

Post by Midnight Synergy » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:43 am

Okay, so after the posts related to "Qookie", which required you to play through World 1 in Wonderland and try to get the highest possible score, I was amazed to see how many seconds can be gained even on a simple set of levels such as this one.

So here's my question: Would you want a fourth Section on this Forum entitled "Best World Scores", yes or no? Would this be fun, would you get involved? Or is this not your cup of tea, or you already spend too much time in Wonderland and are afraid you might never see the light of day again? ;)

This section would just have 20 Posts, one for each World in Wonderland and RTW. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to post your scores for each level of that world, along with your total. The goal would be to see who can eek out an even better score - and try to find the "ultimate" highscore, or to borrow a Chip's Challenge term, to "go bold"!

I'm happy to install and setup this section for you all if you are interested. So vote (and leave a comment if you wish) and let me know!

Cheers!
BIGZIPZ
Rainbow Master

Post by BIGZIPZ » Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:52 pm

I suggested something like this before and got shot down about it :P

Something along the lines of

"Not everyone on this forum plays for the same reasons. I, for one, do not feel the need to compete for anything"
malcdelsol
Rainbow Master

Post by malcdelsol » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:14 pm

Hi Patrick,

Not of any interest to me to be honest.

After completing Wonderland and RTW I replayed ALL of the levels several
times over before posting my overall scores for the 2 games on the 'Highscores' thread.

So for me anyway it's a case of 'BEEN THERE - DONE THAT'

As you know - I'm a Level Editor type of man :lol: :lol:

Malcdelsol 8)
Bearsland
Rainbow Master

Post by Bearsland » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:26 pm

Not knocking the idea, but I tend to agree with Malc on this one.

I play for the pleasure of solving the puzzle set by the level's author. I don't mind the odd 'see if you can beat this score or time' challenge, but I gave up on trying to get really high scores a while ago.

As you know - I'm a Level Solver type of man. :wink: :P :wink: :P

~OB
Where is everyone thesedays? PM me and say hello.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:32 pm

....and I'm just glad if I can get through levels in one piece :!: ...and I always play with the clock off so I'd be at a disadvantage from the start :( ... and if I can't win I'm not playing :P :P :lol: :lol:
Pauline
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:52 pm

popo wrote:....and I'm just glad if I can get through levels in one piece :!: ...and I always play with the clock off so I'd be at a disadvantage from the start :( ... and if I can't win I'm not playing :P :P :lol: :lol:

Me too! :P :lol:

M.A.D.
Dianna
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Dianna » Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:24 pm

Well, I see what folks are saying about this, but I think it's a good idea. Most of us have already completed Wonderland (well, not me -- that last level, you know) and some of us have completed RTW as well, so we already have scores to post. New people join the forum every day, and many players might be interested to see how high a score is possible for a given level. It's not like this means you have to start replaying each level like mad right away, to see how high a score you can get. This could be a long-term thing. It would be a resource. I would post my scores, pathetic as some of them are. :wink:
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:54 pm

malcdelsol
as you know - I'm a Level Editor type of man
Bearsland
As you know - I'm a Level Solver type of man.
jg
As you know - I'm a woman----We can do anything!!!!!

I don't play for points (because I usually don't get many) No bonus hound here! But I would probably enjoy :?: :roll: :?: seeing how badly other players thrash me!!!

jg
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:25 am

That's tellin' em JG!! :lol:

Although I may not participate much, it WOULD be fun to see, and also, I may try doing this with certain worlds where I can actually do ALL levels!!! Obviously, I'm not one of those who has completed RTW. (That editor thing, you know!)
Majicaleetarina
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:51 pm

I like the idea, it gives us something to work for. When I first started on Wonderland1, it was great just to complete a level, but it was also fun to try to get a better score. However, I didn't know what a good score was until I read the posts on the "High Scores" thread. There are several levels where you can take short cuts to get a better time bonus and others where you can make more hits on the "monsters" for a better score. It would be fun to share these "hints" also. I'm now working on level ten of RTW and know that I can improve on some of those scores.
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:28 pm

Well, there seems to be at least some interest, so I created a new forum section. Post away, or just peek!