HALLOWEEN LEVEL CONTEST -> including level discussion etc

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

HALLOWEEN LEVEL CONTEST -> including level discussion etc

Post by mette » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:16 pm

Hi all,

In case you don't read "General Discussion" we wish to draw your attention to THE HALLOWEEN LEVEL CONTEST.

You can read all about it right here.

Loirae and Mette
Last edited by mette on Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
\Mette
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:26 pm

For those of you who are interested in playing the Halloween Contest levels, the link to them can be found on this page:

http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 9&start=30

Even if you didn't join the contest, you can still score the levels, details on scoring also at the above link, page 1.

We will be discussing the levels and posting spoilers in this thread over the next couple weeks.

Thanks for playing.
Last edited by Loirae on Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loirae
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:57 pm

:D :D :D I did and I did! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keeks
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:49 pm

Come on, now. Time to really throw all your skills into a contest for halloween. Prizes will be awarded from Midnight Synergy. Free Game!

Hop on over the General Discussion to see a little about what's up.
http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=99388#99388
Loirae
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:09 pm

In case any of you missed this in the General Forum:

Only 20 hours left to get your level in. For those of you on my side of the pond a little coversion:
October 19; 1:00 PM GMT is:
October 19; 9:00 AM Eastern
October 19; 6:00 AM Pacific

See the General forum for details.
Loirae
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:26 pm

Ready to play all the entries?

Check the topic in General Discussion to see how to get your hands on them :D :lol:

Loirae and Mette
\Mette
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:19 pm

If you have questions about the levels, this is the place to ask.

We ask the creators to send their answers/spoilers to Loirae and she will post them here for you (to keep the secret of who made what intact).

Loirae and Mette
\Mette
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:50 pm

uneekrose wrote:
If anyone have probelems with the levels ...
That is a good idea, because I'm having problems right now with 2 of them, to me they don't seem playable or finishable and I sure would like to find out the secret.
I'll post spoilers here. I can't guarentee they will be for the same levels you need though. :D

I'll wait another day before posting any spoilers, though since the contest has only been running for about 1 day. (Oh, I'm MEAN!!! :twisted: )
Loirae
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:05 pm

I'm have a question on C........how do you get past the pink gate to get to the exit? I see the z-bot over there but he doesn't stay on the button long enough.

on I...............I can't seem to get to the coin where the 3 boxes & the coily are????
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:17 pm

:D :D :D
I'm have a question on C........
Same here, I don't think you can exit! :shock: :D :D
Keeks
Mahaloof
Rainbow Master

Post by Mahaloof » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:27 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Unless someone or other plays very smart (!), every question means that the person who asks didn't make that level. Cool! I'll keep a close eye on this thread...... :lol:

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

On a more serious note I'll say that the playing and testing also keeps me busy, and there are some beauties of levels there. Thanks, all..!
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:51 pm

Not an official spoiler for "C", but I did make it out. Before you start walking, look around the level for clues.

If "C" wants to write a spoiler, send it to me.
Loirae
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:33 pm

every question means that the person who asks didn't make that level
I thought about that after I left my post. :lol: :lol:
kaz67
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by kaz67 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:29 pm

I'm loving it - I've been so busy playing the Halloween Pack all day - some real masterpieces.

Well done everyone !! :D :D

(You can exit on C btw - tricky but cute :wink: )

Laters, hope I don't have nightmares !

Kazza :) :)
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:57 pm

Thanks Kaz, I got a PM on both C & I, I was on the right track with them both but since it wasn't working out so well I thought maybe someone knew a better way, your right, it sure is tricky. I don't feel so bad though since Kiki hadn't figured it out neither. :lol:
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:05 am

:D :D :D
I don't feel so bad though since Kiki hadn't figured it out neither.
Sometimes its the most obvious that trip me up. :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keeks
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Spoiler for Entry I

Post by Loirae » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:26 am

Entry I wrote:There's a boulder hidden in the normal wall. Push the barrel one step down to get it in line, and push the link sphere one left and down in the barrel. A new boulder will be generated and will cover the red button. Don't worry about the bridges, it's all enough to do this!
In the next section, first crash the first two boxes. That comes easily. Then, bring the box from the next room before UFO shoots it (surprise, this box was on a green button, and the UFO was in a green gate) and crash the last box with it. That's easier to say than to do (but it's possible) as if you get the timing wrong, the two boxes do crash, but also you mysteriously die. (???)
To get all the bonuses on the next strip. get one bonus, and step back. Go through the other strip. Get the remaining bonus and step back.
The sign at the end is a dead-end and it says: "Behold! The rare Void Ghost!" (see a ghost on the void nearby?)
Go in the last room. Carefully lure the left chomper to the one-down-one-right-from-the-exit (just hard to describe this place in words) while you are at the same wall but on the right side of it. Carefully free the right chomper by taking the UPPER coin of the two which locks him... Do a circle, and pick the bottom one. Now run quickly and carefully and you can exit.
Last edited by Loirae on Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Loirae
wonderlandlover
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by wonderlandlover » Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:42 am

I've always said that I have to read signs, and since I had to read the sign for "I", I needed to start over. It took me many, many tries to get those boxes to smash, again! :twisted: I was never so sorry I read a sign! :P :D (By the way, I solved it without the spoiler. :D )
Lisa
Will I ever be able to play again?
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Entry B Spoiler

Post by Loirae » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:14 am

Entry B wrote:
1. Go up across bridge tiles and collect coins off ice (as you collect the lower left coin it pushes the steel box up – leave it where it is for now). Push boulder up into water which starts the generator to rebuild the bridge. Go to stand below the steel box. As the last boulder passes, push the steel box up over the ice to stop the next boulder. Push the boulder right and walk down to the eye-tile below the steel box. Wait until the boulder passes towards the left above the steel box, then quickly push the steel box up through the false wall to the tree.
2. Now go left and collect the bonus coin.
3. Push the blue sphere up over the trampolines to start activating the dark blue timer. Avoiding the sphere, go back to the steel box and push it right to the light blue button in the centre of the arch square. Take care here not to get shut in the gates - the green and blue gates are not permanently open.
4. Go up through the green gate and wait for the cannon to fire. Collect the bonus coin and push the wooden box left into the werewolf room. Collect the coins and push the box onto the yellow button. Collect the lower 2 bonus coins and wait by the top bonus coin. The werewolf is here. Watch for the cannon to fire, and immediately grab the coin. Walk out to the right-hand passage to collect the coin there. If you’ve timed it right the werewolf will be shot.
5. Go down into the mummy room – taking care not to get shut in the gates. Collect coins, read jokes.
6. Go right and push the barrel below the arch. This activates the conveyors, the other barrels explode and the barrel generator starts. There are 10 ghosts to be disposed of. This can take a while, and you can speed it up by pushing the barrels up into the ghost room, but this is very risky.
7. In the meantime, push one of the green spheres down and collect the 2 bonus coins (the sphere/ice arrangement is just for effect!)
8. When most of the ghosts have gone you can save time by pushing a barrel into the water to the right. Grab the coin from the werewolf there and lead him down and round onto the red button (grab bonus off button first). When you slide over the ice you push the plasma block off the pink button. As soon as the werewolf is on the red button you can step up off the pink button to trap him there. Read dire joke by vampire.
9. If you haven’t already done this, go back into the ghost room, put a barrel onto the conveyor button (or use the plasma block from the other room). Collect coins and bonus.
10. Go back to Qookie, who is now free. Push the red sphere up through false wall and TP. Follow to end up by blue sphere path. Make your way carefully back through entrance, to green TP. Go through to exit. Qookie follows.
Loirae
Mahaloof
Rainbow Master

Post by Mahaloof » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:17 am

Laters, hope I don't have nightmares !
Well, I just had my first one. Making my way through endless rows of Teleporters, jumping over Trampolines and riding Conveyor belts. Then I was face to face with this giant Ghost that tried to engulf me and suck out my soul. Luckily I didn't have it with me, so he (or she, it's difficult to tell, as there are no significant protrusions visible in higher or lower places) got confused for a moment. This gave me the chance I was looking for and I managed to set fire to it and good riddance...!

Woke up this morning feeling very very cold. My bedcover was gone and there's this charred area on the living room floor....... (?)

This will be a lively Halloween contest, if things keep going like this. Don't play late at night, folks!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:09 am

I did entry 'I' without needing the extra box in the other room. All 3 boxes smashed the first time. I got to the next room wondering what the other box was for, and then thought it was meant to be broken by the UFO in a sort of suicide attempt. I wasn't tempted to read the sign near the ghost cos I figured I'd get stuck. The last bit had me panicking a bit but I made it without any teeth marks. A very good level. :D

Up to now my favourite is 'H'. I must have tried 17 or 18 times before I had it all down pat. Loved the signs and the models made it atmospheric too. I fell for a few red herrings, or maybe they weren't red herrings at all and I just found a whole new way of doing it wrong. :? I did a nifty bit of tramping only to find out I wasn't supposed to do that, and had to start over....again. :lol: :lol:
Pauline
Mahaloof
Rainbow Master

Post by Mahaloof » Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:24 am

Can anyone tell me if J is possible at all?
With 3 minutes on the clock and no timers in sight, it doesn't seem so.... :?
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:28 am

Mahaloof wrote:Can anyone tell me if J is possible at all?
With 3 minutes on the clock and no timers in sight, it doesn't seem so.... :?
It is possible and there are clocks ("timers"). :D Carry on, sir.
Loirae
Mahaloof
Rainbow Master

Post by Mahaloof » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:09 am

Thanks, ma'am, I will.

Yoohoo, tocks, climers, where are you?!
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:13 am

popo wrote:I did entry 'I' without needing the extra box in the other room. All 3 boxes smashed the first time. ... A very good level. :D
Same here Poops - I had to do it a few times though because of the chompers, and the box trick didn't always work.
popo wrote:Up to now my favourite is 'H'.
Same again! :D Took me ages to work out but thought it was brilliant. 8)
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:23 am

I couldn't complete most of them, but my favorite overall is (forgot the level name) Entry B and out of the completed ones (I forgot the entry letter) the Lava Lake Community. The level itself is brilliantly put-together and I can't believe how much time I spent on the beginning puzzle with four buttons and it turned so easy. :oops: The second difficulity was figuring out how to keep yourself in the bonus area -- cool jumping! 8) The rest of the level is somewhat simplistic, but still very very fun.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:07 pm

OK, I give up :? :lol:

Finished all but one. Could I please have a spoiler or a hint on level K.
Tried over and over again and even managed to get all the coins but can't get my helper to where I need him. :(
At least I'm pretty sure who made this stinker :twisted:
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:10 pm

I'm with Lutz on 'K' (and here I thought he made it!), I can't make it work either and I'm tired of trying.

Maybe Loirae can't get the level-maker to post a walk-through or something?

Thanks,
bob
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Spoiler for Entry M

Post by Loirae » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:20 pm

Entry M wrote:Walk down and take the coin off the red button. Back track to the left and walk down and to the blue button. Push box up to the red button.
Walk over the purple button and up and around to the while button. Push the box down to the purple button.
Walk right, up and push the top box to the white button. Go up, left, down along the outside edge all the way to the last box and push it to the blue button. Continue walking right and go down into the courtyard of the house.

In the first area, push the top box left into the lava, the bottom right box down into the lava, and the bottom left box left into the lava. The last box goes up and into the lava to make a bridge.
Walk across and with the next three boxes, push the bottom left one down into lava, the bottom right one right into lava (makes a bridge) and the last on down 1 square. Walk back around to push it left to the wall and down to form a bridge. Check inside the house.
In the next room, use the two boxes to build a bridge to the bonus coin, just move the last two boxes out of the way.

Walk out the way you came in and use the transporter to go up, left, the carefully past the shooting pumpkins and right tot he house. Two jump sequences here. One that is easy, but you can't get the bonus coins: Just jump down into the TP and it will land you past this area. If you want the bonus coins jump this: DDRUD to land by the metal box.

Last area, for each ghost, push the cube down, but watch for it to bounce back. once those two ghosts are killed, push both plasma cubes in the lava. Get the coins at the end of the ice and push the plasma cubs into the lava. (When you're ready to push that last one, though, make sure there is not a ghost in front of the generator or the cubs to clear your exit won't come out. There are two metal boxes hidden in the house, use them to make a bridge to the exit. Push the cube to kill the ghosts. Sometimes takes two pushes. Then push it into the lava and exit.
Loirae
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:22 pm

I see your shed tears over Entry K and will post a spoiler should one become available. :D
Loirae