New Level -- Simple 018

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Shadow
Gold Wonderlander

New Level -- Simple 018

Post by Shadow » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:40 pm

You just can't go away from Wonderland, can you?! :lol:

Beware: there's a reason this level is posted under my "Shadow" account. It was specifically designed to look and feel like a fair "Muzozavr" puzzle, but to complete it, you will need glitches. :wink: It also requires several quick moves.

Have fun and consider this a belated "New Year" level! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Mark » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:22 pm

So happy to see you back, my friend! :D
And a happy new years to you, too!

Mark
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:25 am

I'm also glad you're back making a level Muzo! :D But I really have no idea how to do this. Of course it's easy to blow up one of the barrels, but I don't see a way to blow up them both. I think I'm supposed to get a blue sphere to the middle-right area, but I have no idea how to do that. :? Will you give me a hint please?
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:37 am

You probably remember the me-in-a-box glitch.
If you're in a sphere, what happens when you push the other sphere? :?
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:57 am

Yes, I remember that. I played your other Shadow levels again, especially "Symmetry" and "Deep Freeze" with the transporters, and also Simple 017, but I have still no clue, so I hope I get a great idea tonight in my dream. 8)
Actually I only know that glitch when an object is still on ice (or on a conveyor with a conveyor button next to it) or the trick with the teleporters in Simple 017
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:30 am

Hello? Has ANYONE apart from Mark done this?
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:03 am

Well, I don't know about Mark or anyone else, but I can't do it :? But I'm curious, so if you would post some more hints, (or PM me if you don't want to post too much) I would appreciate that.
Mark
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Mark » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:39 am

Muzozavr wrote:Hello? Has ANYONE apart from Mark done this?
I must confess that I have not been able to complete this one yet. :oops:
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:07 pm

Well bowl me down then. :roll: cryptic clue wink wink :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Muzozavr on Tue May 23, 2023 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:41 pm

:shock: :D WOW, that was really very special! Thanks for the hints in the PM, I probably never would have find this out on my own, not even with "Well bowl me down". The other thing I also never had seen before. :o :o

Mark
Rainbow MegaStar

Re: New Level -- Simple 018

Post by Mark » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:28 pm

I'm able to use the "Well Bowl Me Down" glitch with the blue sphere, but it doesn't seem helpful since this glitch only works vertically. I've been trying to get your transporter glitch to work without a trampoline. I'm just not getting this simple one. :lol:
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:14 pm

You're on the right track with transporter glitching! Though in this case it isn't exactly the same glitch, but close enough to complete the level. :lol:

As I've already said to Marinus, if you're inside a sphere... what happens when you push the other sphere?! :wink:
Combine that with transporters and you're almost done.
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:59 pm

I don't get this one either, too glitchy for me I guess.
bob
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:18 pm

I thought there was a spoiler posted for this? :roll:
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:29 pm

Yes, it was. On the old server. 8)
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:27 am

Oh OK, I wasn't aware that we had migrated already.

Oh Muz or should I say Oh Shadow, could you please repost the spoiler...purty please. :)
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:36 am

Hah, thank god I took backups. :lol:

Solution for Simple 18:
This level has a lot of things that have to be done exactly right.
With Stinky, push the blue spheres to the right.
Push Stinky's sphere down on the right ice patch.
Quickly switch to Loof, collect the coin below his sphere and then step back.
Quickly switch to Stinky before the rebounding sphere kills you, and when it's right about to get you, step up. If you timed it right, Stinky will end up inside the sphere, unharmed.
Switch to Loof to collect the lower left coin, then put him back near the blue sphere.
Switch to Stinky. Wait until the spikes go down, and step right onto the top transporter.
Quickly switch to Loof and push the other blue sphere to the right, on the bottom transporter.
If pulled off correctly, the top transporter will go two tiles to the right and get stuck in the wall, with Stinky on it. The blue sphere, on the other hand, will roll through by itself -- make sure that it isn't destroyed by the spikes too early, or you will regret it.
Make sure that Loof is right near the water patch and switch back to Stinky.
Wait until the spikes go down again, and step in. Push the barrel two tiles down, and push both boulders one tile up. Reverse the conveyor and push the barrel in the water.
Return to the top room and when the spikes go down, push the blue sphere to the left (NOT to the right!) on the spike. This will put Loof's sphere in the water, and Stinky's sphere on the spike.
Now switch to Loof, and hold right. When Stinky's sphere is destroyed, the generator will kick in, and Loof will safely cross before another sphere blocks his way.
Cross the conveyor, and push the left boulder to the right. Then switch to Stinky and push it down into the bottom barrel.
Collect the last coin and exit.
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:49 pm

I'm afraid I'm not quick enough but I'll give it a few more tries. Thanks for remembering to back up the solution though.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Re: New Level -- Simple 018

Post by Jutomi » Thu May 25, 2023 6:09 pm

This one was absolutely bonkers... I'm ashamed to admit that even after you had already told it to me before, I had to look in this thread for answers. I believe this is the only level I needed a full-blown walkthrough for... and I can't say I'm ashamed, either. :lol:

Nonetheless, it is nothing short of brilliant. And to help share that brilliance with people who are like me and can't fathom it,
my video solution~
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.