New Level (adv) - Away from the Snow

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

New Level (adv) - Away from the Snow

Post by Liz Mayhew » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:50 pm

480LIZM - Away from the Snow

I'm so fed up with all the snow here in the UK.
Can't even walk down the street without breaking an ankle. :cry:

So I decided to go on holiday to a desert island with Loof.

Using my desertisland texture used many times before.
Also using Popo's models PQ25M - used in Pirate Quest. Thanks Pauline! :D

Have fun :piratesmile:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
doodlebug
Rainbow Master

Away From The Snow

Post by doodlebug » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:39 pm

Well am I the only one playing. First Bob's and now yours with no other posts. I don't think I have ever been first to beat any before now. Hope everyone is not sick. Fun level Liz. It took me a couple of hours to get it. The first part I think was the hardest. The yellow spheres took a while to get but after that it only took a few tries to get past the zbot and jump home. Thanks for the fun on a snowy day.

Annie
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:57 pm

Ive been playing Annie but with no luck on Bob's level.
I just seen a news clip of the snow in the UK Liz, wow! When its that bad snow gets old real quick.
We are in the midst of a storm right now too and the cold is not leaving anytime soon. :( :roll:
Off to get some salt for my driveway, will play later. :)
Keeks
janellesnip
Rainbow Wonderlander

In the news

Post by janellesnip » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:16 pm

Yeah, England was in the news all over the world... On the one hand they try to convince us the planet is too warm... on the other, that SOME places are too cold: England, USA, Austria, Poland, etc., etc.

I have tried for an hour to play your new level. It looks beautiful. . . But I have to go to bed now, so I shall try again tomorrow.

By the way, is anyone collecting all the new levels since Mette has stopped?

Yours,
Janelle

PS RE: Salt for the driveway: Why do people do this? Salt eats shoes, it eats tyres, it is bad for dogs and babies and life... it does not belong in the ground and in the groundwater. . . And usually its use creates more slippery roads because everything is half-melted. Is simply shovelling away the snow not a better idea? I do not mean to criticise Kiki personally. Everyone seems to be salting everything nowadays.
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:03 am

I agree that salt is bad for runoff and yes I just shoveled my driveway and the sidewalk in front of my house...However the salt is for when the snow melts then refreezes and if you ever had to deal with an inch of black ice you would understand.
Salt is the quickest way to deal with it as its like cement and is very dangerous to try to walk on let alone drive on. :)
Last edited by kiki on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keeks
leenallrad
Gold Wonderlander

Brrrrr!

Post by leenallrad » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:58 am

I am in "warm,sunny' southern Florida, USA and WE are supposed to get snow tomorrow!!!!
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:44 am

Got er done Liz, step by step, room by room, mistake by mistake, restart by restart I finally made it to the exit and BTW I loved the solution for the exit... :twisted: very misdirectional. :lol:

PS - Janelle here is a link that has all the levels, kept up by member "Jonagold" -> http://picturetales1.tripod.com/
Keeks
annedanner
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by annedanner » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:18 am

Me, too, Liz. Got this one finished. It was a lot of fun - I liked the box and yellow sphere puzzles the best. Thanks!
Anne
My List
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:50 am

Glad you all had fun with this. :D :D

We're still in the grip of the big freeze here. My daughter badly sprained her ankle trying to walk to work yesterday, so she's laid up today.

I think I'll stick with sunnier levels for a while. 8)

BTW Keeks - thanks a lot for posting that link for the levels! :D
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:01 am

Thanks for the help with the yellow balls, Liz.
Got the rest on my own and enjoyed it a lot.
Fun level :stinkyhappy:
Chickie
Rainbow Star

Post by Chickie » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:29 am

Can I get some help with the yellow boulders?
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:54 am

PM sent Chickie. :)
Keeks
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:04 pm

Fun level Liz!

I liked the opening sequence which I messed up a few times before plopping the right item in the right hole. :D

Thanks much!
bob
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:50 am

Great level. I also had some problems with the yellow spheres, but it was not as hard as it seems. Thanks for the fun. :)

Here in NL is also a bit snow for a few weeks, but not really very much. They keep making the roads clean.

Edit: Janelle, I think here in the lowlands salt works very good to make the roads clean, but when there is so much snow as in the mountains in Austria, salt won't help.
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:21 pm

Hi Liz
I had to keep working hard this time. (As Keeks said: Mistake by mistake... :lol: ) But I loved the distinct characters of the sections and the mysterious flair of the island.
Thank you very much for a few sunny hours. :D
pandybear
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by pandybear » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:51 am

It's nice to see some familiar names again! I have been away from RTW for a while but am going to make this my first puzzle of 2010! Happy New Year all - hope things clear up for you in England (and for my family there) very soon!
Andy
Indri64

HELP!!!!

Post by Indri64 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:25 am

Yellow boulder help here too please! XX
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:50 am

The yellow sphere room isn't as hard as it seems.
Collect the visible coins.
Push the right hand sphere down and step aside. All the other spheres smash. DON'T COLLECT THE COIN UNDER THE GENERATOR.
Push the last sphere left over the trampoline. That is the first of 8 spheres needed to fill the water. So you need to count 7 spheres coming out of the generator.
Then grab the coin under the generator and 2 last spheres are generated. One operates the timer and the other is pushed right into the water to complete the bridge to the raft.
I'll post a full walkthrough later on today. :D

I got a free moment, so here's the full walkthrough:

480LIZM – AWAY FROM THE SNOW
WALKTHROUGH
1. Raft right. Up over trampoline, then right. Box left into water.
2. Push top box right thru TP. Follow and get it into the water by the lower tramp. Push next box right to wall and up thru TP. Loof goes right thru TP and gets box over lower tramp into the cannon area. Push top boulder right and up thru TP. It lands at the bottom ready to push over tramp. Then next boulder, up and up thru TP. Last push green sphere left using breaktiles.
3. Jump left over tramp. Get right side bonus. Push left side sphere up onto green button. Go up and break the tile to the right. Jump left over tramp and push box right into water. Follow, get bonus coin and push upper box into water. Back to raft and get lower bonus coin. When safe ride up.
4. Get raft to right of yellow timer. Get coins in caves. Ride right, down and go through gate. Collect visible coins and push right side sphere down – step aside. DON’T COLLECT COIN UNDER GENERATOR. Push last sphere left over tramp, step down and count 7 more spheres coming out of generator. When the 7th sphere leaves the generator grab the coin under the generator. 2 more spheres come – 1 for timer and 1 to push through gate and complete bridge to raft. Get coins out of caves.
5. Raft right, left, down and push boulder down. Collect other coins off water and raft down to the boulder. Push it left, collect coin behind cyan gate. Raft back to other cyan gate and collect coin from hidden cave. Push boulder down and stand on cyan button until boulder covers blue button. Get coins from caves and push hidden box into water.
6. Get last coin and step on breaktile. When z-bot passes step 1 up and when it passes above step up to wall. When it passes the bonus coin quickly collect it and step right, down right below trampoline. Z-bot drowns. Now jump down over lower tramp to end up inside the boulder. Slide up. Now jump down, up, up to exit.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:11 pm

I enjoyed this very much and loved the new texture. Come on Spring!!!

Thanks Liz :D :P :D
Cathy
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: New Level (adv) - Away from the Snow

Post by Amnon » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:11 am

Great level, thanks!!!!!