New Level -- Simple 022

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Shadow
Gold Wonderlander

New Level -- Simple 022

Post by Shadow » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:10 pm

This one is both a glitch and a puzzle. Nothing too extraordinary, but definitely a good headscratcher.

This one doesn't really follow the "simple 0xx" style, but the series that inspired it (for another game) did have a few similar out-of-style levels, so... yeah.

Enjoy! :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:32 am

I'm not fast enough for this one Shadow. How surprising! :lol: :lol:

Oh, I thought I'd let you see the stunning success I've had with all your levels :roll: :wink: :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:42 am

Well, I did post a spoiler for "Helpless", but I'll post it here for you again, short-short version:
Press ENTER.
As for the other ones though... yeah, they can be pretty tough. "Deep Freeze" is very easy if you know how it works, but finding THAT out can be hard even with the signs. The rest are genuinely difficult.

As for this one though... here's a hint:
You cannot be fast enough to press the red button in time the normal way, it's physically impossible. You have to use a glitch to allow yourself more time to get there.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:47 pm

Muzozavr wrote:Well, I did post a spoiler for "Helpless", but I'll post it here for you again, short-short version:
Press ENTER.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: How many times have I been caught out by that trick! Too many to count :roll:

I'm on a roll here. I've now completed Helpless, Symmetry and Deep Freeze. (Love that background on Deep Freeze BTW). I only got the Symmetry one because Keeks used that glitch in one of his recent levels so I knew about it. 8)
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:35 pm

Congrats! :D
"Symmetry" is quite easy if you know how. :wink: It's just a nice little puzzle with that glitch in the end of the level.

"Deep Freeze" would've been very hard and frustrating if not for the hints which do provide the answer... it's just so weird that it's possible to ignore the hints even when you know what they mean.

"Shadow's Floating Islands" is quite hard, but it's also in no way fair. :twisted: It's my fault really, the hints should've been better...

"Evil Magic" is not fair and is not intended to be. If you pay attention (or read the spoiler in the original thread for the whereabouts of all the hidden stuff in the original) you can make it easier for yourself. But the final trick is still crazy.

All the "Simple" levels are fair in the sense that everything or almost everything is out in the open -- I don't hex them up and I almost never "hide" stuff (which I did sometimes do in the previous "Simple" levels but I decided to not do it too much in the future "Simple" levels).
But they do use insane glitches. :twisted:
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:42 pm

Code: Select all

BUMP
upyo
m**s
p**t
:lol:
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:44 pm

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP
*a trailing echo passes through the silence around*
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:42 pm

Muzo - what are you on? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Seriously I don't get your hints. Seems that nobody else does either.

How about telling us how to do it - perleeeeeeeese!
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:59 pm

These weren't hints, I was Bumping Up My Post so that the topic doesn't disappear into obscurity.

Seems no one can solve it... Here are a few actual hints:
1. In the first part, you'll have to walk through the boulder when it's stopped by the coin. Then you push it back on the conveyor, giving you more time.
2. There's a ghost behind the ice cube.
3. No, that ghost isn't there just because I'm evil... you need the ghost. Yes, you actually *need* to use him in this level, and the way to do so is *not* immediately obvious.
Conny
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by Conny » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:47 am

I don't like that kind of levels at all.
it is just frustrating.have deleted them! :roll:
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:12 pm

Conny:

All "Shadow" levels employ insane bug-exploiting and it's completely intentional.

Such levels will not be to everyone's taste, so it's completely understandable.

Plus, unless you were paying huge attention to other bug-exploiting levels, there's simply no way you can know about the trick I use in the beginning of this level unless you reinvent it.

The second trick no one currently knows about except for me. :twisted:

If you like "clean" glitchless levels with strong emphasis on puzzles, I highly recommend levels made by "Mark" under that exact username.

Also, some of my own levels (not of the "Shadow" name but of the "Muzozavr" name) are also heavily based on complex puzzling. I recommend "The Puzzling Doom", "Cave Walk", "Sandbox", "The Lost Cave". (make sure to download the revised version of those)

If you want unbelievable challenge, LeMarquis has a level that we made together. "Thrick or Threat" is simply one of the hardest Wonderland levels ever.

If you like action levels that aren't too hard... oh wait, I have no idea what to recommend, I don't play those levels very much.

If you want really really hard action levels, check out my "Sprinter Cell" and "Run For Fun".

By the way: I respect you for saying "I don't like that kind of levels at all." Emphasis on "I" as in "it's my personal opinion".
Blink
Rainbow Master

Post by Blink » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:43 pm

This level is mindblowing. Not only is it hard, but it forces you to figure out glitches to finish it.

Nice level. And Muzozavr, are you sure you're the only one who knows the second trick? :wink:
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:08 pm

but it forces you to figure out glitches to finish it.
If you liked it check out other "Shadow" levels, including "Evil Magic". Especially "Evil Magic".

Some of my older levels before the "Shadow" account include glitchy-tricky stuff. "Simple 016" is probably the most insane level in terms of glitches. In general, the "Simple 0xx" series is quite glitchy except for a few levels. "Magical Work" is also neat and "Mission Impossible" is just... mean as hell.

Try also the levels by Amadeus! including his very magical (and very difficult) hit "Levitation".
are you sure you're the only one who knows the second trick?
Well, no one else has used it, so I presumed I am the only one who knows the second trick.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:45 pm

Another Magic Shadow level, not really Simple. 8)

I had to read the spoiler though, and the second glitch I wouldn't have known half a year ago, but now I knew. :wink:

Thanks for the fun! :D
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:55 pm

Solving this in principle was easy - getting the actual timing right was another matter. Thanks!
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Re: New Level -- Simple 022

Post by Jutomi » Sun May 28, 2023 6:21 pm

All of these are good, but your Simple 21+ levels (filename; not age restriction) are positively head bangers. I absolutely adored this one! Being able to use ghosts as genuine puzzle elements is always impressive to me; very nice level, Muz :)

My video solution~
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: New Level -- Simple 022

Post by Amnon » Mon May 29, 2023 5:02 am

Yes they are all good and 021 is the only level I have not solved yet.