New Level -- Simple 023

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Shadow
Gold Wonderlander

New Level -- Simple 023

Post by Shadow » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:45 pm

The "Shadow" of "Muzozavr" strikes again, with another weird bug that had been discovered ages ago by the recently returned TheoX. I don't think anyone has ever really taken advantage of this bug in a level before... aside, of course, from TheoX himself... but just to make sure that TheoX won't solve the whole thing in a minute, I tried to misdirect as far away from the solution as possible and used a different version of said bug. :P

Can you figure out the riddle of the red timer? :wink:

EDIT: Apologies for the first five downloaders -- I made a mistake. Download the revised version, which does require the bug I was talking about. Amnon's bugless loophole has been made into a level called "Amnon's Analytical Approach" and posted under the "Muzozavr" account.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Shadow on Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:19 pm

Very nice level, but I could see no bug here - only fair play.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:29 pm

Amnon wrote:Very nice level, but I could see no bug here - only fair play.
EDIT: edited out a minor spoiler
Last edited by Muzozavr on Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:38 pm

I did use it, Muzo!
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:45 pm

EDIT: OK, download the revised version, please! The "Amnon's Analytical Approach" solution should no longer work. :wink: I'll make it into a separate level, though, because it's AWESOME. 8) As for now, the revised version of "Simple 023" requires you to use "Shadow's Shifty Solution". :wink:
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:35 pm

I did not stop trying and finally found the bug - very nice, thanks!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Oh, just found your revised version, but I did solve it the buggy way on the original!
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:51 pm

Congrats! :D I hope the "Shadow's Shifty Solution" was worth it. :wink: The revised version is just a quick fix, really, so if you found the buggy way on the original you may not even notice the difference. It's a very small one.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:56 pm

In hindsight, I wonder whether this is a bug or a feature - thinking about physics, it is possible!
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:08 pm

Amnon wrote:In hindsight, I wonder whether this is a bug or a feature - thinking about physics, it is possible!
I don't think it's a feature. It's not used in the official Platinum levels. It's not mentioned anywhere, too, not even in the editor tutorial. And besides, this trick produces some weird results. If you place a square button on the tile that's supposed to be "affected" with this trick, it won't be pressed. So I guess it's a bug.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Re: New Level -- Simple 023

Post by Jutomi » Mon May 29, 2023 7:06 pm

Jeepers! I almost missed this one :shock: thinking Amnon's Analytical Approach was the "fixed" version instead of two completely different solutions :oops:

Absolutely magnificent level, Muz; I absolutely adored the absurd nature of this glitch :lol: Many thanks!

Oh, and as usual, My video solution~
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.