Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 158/195 levels released, NEW: "False Prophecy")

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Nock

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 110/195 levels released, CRYSTAL CITY released)

Post by Nock » Fri May 14, 2021 7:21 pm

Thanks, Yeah I downloaded the recent zip. I actually play with time off because I tend to get easily stressed under a time limit when first doing a puzzle but might turn it on when I know I have a solution, Are some solutions in this series time dependent? If so which ones? I would be willing to do timed mode on my first go if it matters. Also considering that 110 is a 9.5, what does a 10 look like? trig problems while dodging cannon fire? :P
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 110/195 levels released, CRYSTAL CITY released)

Post by Tech Warrior » Fri May 14, 2021 7:40 pm

Nock wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 7:21 pm
Thanks, Yeah I downloaded the recent zip. I actually play with time off because I tend to get easily stressed under a time limit when first doing a puzzle but might turn it on when I know I have a solution, Are some solutions in this series time dependent? If so which ones? I would be willing to do timed mode on my first go if it matters. Also considering that 110 is a 9.5, what does a 10 look like? trig problems while dodging cannon fire? :P
Haha, not a bad idea. :wink: 10/10 levels are reserved for two specific scenarios that we have not yet encountered: (1) complex logical or mathematical puzzles that are not based on Wonderland features (think "Mathematical Wonderland" as a start, but of course not that easy), and/or (2) "master" courses that also feature very obscure mechanics. While #110 is quite tough and qualifies as a master course, it is not based on any glitches or otherwise 'unfair' mechanics that only some would know about (I try to limit levels that use these, but you'll know if a level includes them, such as #105 where you're basically told they exist - in this way, you get to discover them yourself).

I understand about the time limit - actually, you may notice from some of my old 2012 comments that I used to always play without the timer (and as such, never set time limits for these levels back then). There are only a few levels in which time is a factor of the puzzle, but this is also the case in untimed mode, since I have it built in such a way that after the allotted time, the exit becomes blocked by a gate. Right now, this type of "speed level" is only on Lv86 - "Evacuation," but we have a few more on the way.
Quest for the Five Elements - a 195-level RTW expansion pack
I am also known as Joey_San on Discord.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sat May 15, 2021 8:59 am

Aha! Now, I would like to know this bit regarding the endgame:
Nothing too bad - the most difficult part was to get there, then if I made the slightest mistake it meant many hours of playing until I get there again. One specific difficulty I had was: I was planning to place a prism on the blue button, to open the gate for that bonus coin, but discovered that there is no way to get the prism inside (and the square blue button was pressed long before). Another upset was finding Stinky locked up in the button-room because the boulder also went over the white timer. Next time of course I knew what to do. No, the yellow button area has never been a problem - I just ended up not using it.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Sat May 15, 2021 3:57 pm

Starting May 17th and going until May 28th, I'll have very limited availability because of a new field project - so, we're going to start World 11 a day early! I'm very much looking forward to this one...

The magical, cold, eerie Crystal Forest sits on the coast of Crystal City, and is the center of two very important items that the gang has been searching for: Wonderland's lost element of water, and the ominous Thunder Portal that the gang learned about back in the Temple of Elements. But, no land in Crystal City lacks resources, and you should expect plenty of secrets and treasures throughout your journey inside. From complex, intricate, slow and steady puzzles, to pattern-based action sequences - from the deep woods to the open ocean, including a sacred forest temple - Crystal Forest has something for everyone. But be careful - it looks like the Thunder Portal is approaching, spawning a hurricane in its reach. So don't get too comfortable.

After the heavily thematic minigame levels in Crystal City, we're returning to some classic-style puzzles in the forest. These are some of my strongest puzzles yet, highly intricate, and expert-tier. This world offers quite a diverse set that I'm excited to share, so... let's dive in!

Lv111 - "Climb a Tree" (8.5/10) - Slow and steady does the trick in Crystal Forest's complex opening puzzle, which is a lot tougher than it looks at first glance. Welcome to the expert levels.

Due to the difficulty in these levels, the releases will be more spaced out than normal. This will continue throughout the remaining worlds, as much as is necessary, anyway.

Download notes:

Extract 'WD11 - Crystal Forest' into your Quest for the Five Elements directory (it already includes Lv111 inside to start). All remaining levels will go into this folder. Extract 'crystalforest' into your Custom Textures directory.

Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tech Warrior on Tue May 18, 2021 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nock

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 111/195 levels released, NEW: "Climb a Tree")

Post by Nock » Sat May 15, 2021 8:59 pm

Just completed world 3. Some of the bridge levels were kinda dull and I found it repetitive to go through the great escape 3 times. My favorite level from this world was hidden valleys, Nice teamwork between the three and felt like a nice level to play, I also enjoyed the chase even though I'm not a huge action level fan. World 4, here we come.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 111/195 levels released, NEW: "Climb a Tree")

Post by Tech Warrior » Sat May 15, 2021 9:43 pm

Nock wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 8:59 pm
Just completed world 3. Some of the bridge levels were kinda dull and I found it repetitive to go through the great escape 3 times. My favorite level from this world was hidden valleys, Nice teamwork between the three and felt like a nice level to play, I also enjoyed the chase even though I'm not a huge action level fan. World 4, here we come.
Nice work, you've made it through my least favorite world (some of those levels definitely get a bit dull) and now you're onto one of my favorites! Oh, am I glad you got the updated version of "Water Mysteries," and not the atrocity that unfortunately the earlier players had to endure...
Nock

Post by Nock » Sat May 15, 2021 10:35 pm

I'm doing flower gardens right now and I seem to be one box short of completing the level, I don't see any way the boulder will destroy the keg. And stinky can't push it himself. Can I have a nudge if I'm on the right direction? (also nice touch at the bottom of the level :wink: )
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sat May 15, 2021 10:42 pm

I'm doing flower gardens right now and I seem to be one box short of completing the level, I don't see any way the boulder will destroy the keg. And stinky can't push it himself.
That keg is not a job for a boulder, nor for Stinky (or Loof).
Kamerson
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by Kamerson » Mon May 17, 2021 4:52 am

Tech Warrior wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 5:57 pm
Do you have a schedule for the QftFE streams? If my schedule allows it, I think I would like to try and join one sometime.
If it's not too short notice, I'll be starting World 4 in my next QftFE stream tomorrow night (Monday) at 8:30 PM EST!
Hi, I'm Kamerson! I'm a pretty experienced puzzle gamer! Check out my Twitch channel where I have livestreams every Monday and Friday, sometimes playing the Wonderland games!

https://www.twitch.tv/kamerson
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Mon May 17, 2021 4:46 pm

Kamerson wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 4:52 am

If it's not too short notice, I'll be starting World 4 in my next QftFE stream tomorrow night (Monday) at 8:30 PM EST!
Not short notice at all, it's hard to say when we will get done (I work in film so hours are always longer than we expect), but I'll see about tuning in if possible!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Tue May 18, 2021 4:44 am

Made #111 (Climb a Tree) - great level, thanks!!!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Tue May 18, 2021 7:05 am

Slow and steady does the trick in Crystal Forest's complex opening puzzle, which is a lot tougher than it looks at first glance. You have a lot of equipment, but there's a right and wrong way to use it. I've given you a lot of time on the clock to solve this one, and there's a good reason for that. Welcome to the expert levels.
I am so glad that I did not read these hints before diving into level #111 - had I been reading these instructions, my enjoyment of the level would be reduced.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Tue May 18, 2021 11:06 am

Level notes simplified - wow, I did not realize how hintful they might be... seems to be a trend.
Nock

Post by Nock » Tue May 18, 2021 4:14 pm

World 4 Done! Thanks Kamerson for his stream helping me to finish mindful strategies. I was sort of on that line of thinking but wrong about how to execute it. On to world 5.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Tue May 18, 2021 11:56 pm

Ok, now we will try something different... NO level description! Let me know if this is preferable - I seem to be great at accidentally spoiling things.

Lv112 - "Giving In" (7/10)

Download notes:

Extract level into your 'WD11 - Crystal Forest' folder. Extract 'crystalforest' into your Custom Textures directory.

Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 112/195 levels released, NEW: "Giving In")

Post by Amnon » Wed May 19, 2021 7:06 am

Played level #112 - really great, it is in fact in every aspect a Mark level - are you sure that you are not Mark? 8)
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 112/195 levels released, NEW: "Giving In")

Post by Tech Warrior » Wed May 19, 2021 11:31 am

Ha, a keen observation! I may not be Mark, however Mark's style most definitely was an influence on this level!
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Wed May 19, 2021 10:46 pm

Ready for another SPEED CHALLENGE?? The UFOs are already here! This one is a notch EASIER than "Evacuation," so good luck.

Lv113 - "UFO Trespassing" (6/10)

Download notes:

Extract level into your 'WD11 - Crystal Forest' folder. Extract 'crystalforest' into your Custom Textures directory.

Enjoy!
Last edited by Tech Warrior on Thu May 20, 2021 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 113/195 levels released, NEW: "UFO Trespassing")

Post by Amnon » Thu May 20, 2021 2:38 am

Got level 113 done with 2 seconds left - thanks!

Took me no longer than 1/2 an hour to solve, so it cannot be an 8/10 difficulty - perhaps 6/10.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 113/195 levels released, NEW: "UFO Trespassing")

Post by Amnon » Thu May 20, 2021 2:55 am

Just improved my record - 3 seconds left, I think I will leave it at that.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Thu May 20, 2021 3:47 am

Only half an hour?? In hindsight, I guess there really aren't any complex moves that would take too long to decipher...

Still, I certainly thought it was tougher than Evacuation to execute! Difficulty updated.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Thu May 20, 2021 4:03 am

Just found a new way with 7 seconds left!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Thu May 20, 2021 4:08 am

Still, I certainly thought it was tougher than Evacuation to execute!
Evacuation was tougher by far - it was quite a challenge, now that I think of it I would rate it 7.5/10
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Fri May 21, 2021 9:55 pm

Here's another tough micro-puzzle. Oh yes, it should leave you STUMPED... to the root... get it? Because we're in the forest?? Okay, I'm done now.

Lv114 - "Stumped to the Root" (7/10)

Download notes:

Extract level into your 'WD11 - Crystal Forest' folder. Extract 'crystalforest' into your Custom Textures directory if you haven't yet gotten it.

Enjoy!
Last edited by Tech Warrior on Sat May 22, 2021 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 114/195 levels released, NEW: "Stumped to the Root")

Post by Amnon » Sat May 22, 2021 11:04 am

Nice level (#114) - took me just over an hour but I was not at all stumped - Thanks!!!
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 114/195 levels released, NEW: "Stumped to the Root")

Post by Tech Warrior » Sat May 22, 2021 4:44 pm

Nice job - I actually have two variants of this level which I didn't use because I thought they were too hard - maybe now I will share these variants after some more testing!

Maybe this variant is a 7 or 7.5 if it only took an hour to crack.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sat May 22, 2021 9:09 pm

Maybe this variant is a 7 or 7.5 if it only took an hour to crack.
Yes, I would say it is.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Sat May 22, 2021 10:35 pm

Okay, try your hand at this first variant - the easier of the two, but already a much heftier challenge over the original.

Lv114A - "Really Stumped to the Root" (7.5/10)
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun May 23, 2021 4:59 am

Yes, a bit more difficult, but still very doable. Thanks.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Sun May 23, 2021 7:18 pm

Very good, now try the expert variant... which was originally going to be the "main" level, however now all three versions will be included.

Lv114B - "Completely Stumped to the Root" (8.5/10)
Last edited by Tech Warrior on Mon May 24, 2021 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.