Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 158/195 levels released, NEW: "False Prophecy")

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 110/195 levels released, CRYSTAL CITY released)

Post by Tech Warrior » Sun May 09, 2021 3:13 pm

Amnon wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 3:04 pm
About the gate: The cyan gate is kept open by the rainbow spirit, loyally traveling back and forth over its timer..
Hmm, I do not see this being possible - however I do believe it was possible in a previous iteration of the level. That means you have a slightly outdated version of the level which I failed to update.

The issue with the mailbox is not related to that timer, however - it doesn't exist in the current version (there is a different way to open the cyan gate that you need to determine). Please download this version - it was included in the .zips, but I see that I didn't update just the regular file.
Last edited by Tech Warrior on Sun May 09, 2021 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quest for the Five Elements - a 195-level RTW expansion pack
I am also known as Joey_San on Discord.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 110/195 levels released, CRYSTAL CITY released)

Post by Tech Warrior » Sun May 09, 2021 3:28 pm

UPDATE: I just had a look at the version you downloaded, Amnon, and it's exactly the same (meaning you do have the current version). I no longer understand what timer you are referring to, even though I know that a rainbow spirit was able to traverse one in a previous version. It's my thinking that, depending on how you got this to be possible, your issue with the mailbox might be related to your process.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun May 09, 2021 3:42 pm

I think I know what my issue with the mailbox is - I will keep playing until I get to that stage again.

Regarding the timer, this is how it looks:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Sun May 09, 2021 3:49 pm

Wow, what an elegant solution that I did not anticipate - solving this gate was intended to be the most excruciating part of this puzzle, and believe me that the intended solution is much more diabolical.

I do not think this would affect the mailbox solution, however I am not sure. I will now do some testing of my own using this method to see (if it does, that means you cannot use this method, and would have to find the alternative solution - but, I do not think it does).
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Sun May 09, 2021 4:05 pm

OKAY, I know what your issue with the mailbox is (actually could be a few things, but based on what you've described and my testing, I believe I know the culprit), and it is not related to how you are keeping the cyan gate open (I believe your method is fine, however it could potentially introduce a different problem).
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Tue May 11, 2021 7:21 pm

MIND GAMES (Lv110) updated to prevent Amnon's (very elegant) loophole - what you see there is no longer possible in lieu of the intended solution, which has not been spoiled (and I'll ask that any successful solvers do not post about it).

For anyone that has gotten to or attempted this level, do download the practice levels to pace yourself through the individual games (these are also now available within the primary ZIP file)! Don't think it's "cheating" your way through the level - trust me, it definitely is not. If you need any hints with the level after your successful attempt beating the eight games and reaching the "endgame" portion, you will need to PM me, as no hints on this will be publicly available as any hints will completely rob your satisfaction in finding the solution.

If you have downloaded the most recent ZIP file, all you need to replace is Lv110, then add the four practice stages of the level. I'll include them all in this post for convenience - first post has been updated, but the Crystal City release post is giving me ALL sorts of issues when I try to edit attachments. I don't know what what's all about - I'll re-add the updated ZIP in this post.

So, let's recap:

If you already downloaded the main ZIP (worlds 1-10), or just the Crystal City ZIP, simply download Lv110 in this post, and extract those levels into your Crystal City folder (overwriting the old version).

If you haven't downloaded Crystal City yet, download the .zip in THIS post. The previous one has been removed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Wed May 12, 2021 6:52 am

Finally, finally I got the mail - still in the original version (I will not start the new one until this is completed),
but then I discovered further surprises and I must start all over again in a slightly different way. Oh well,
I seem to know what to do, but to actually go through it all again will take perhaps a few more days...
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Wed May 12, 2021 1:48 pm

Amnon wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 6:52 am
Finally, finally I got the mail - still in the original version (I will not start the new one until this is completed),
but then I discovered further surprises and I must start all over again in a slightly different way. Oh well,
I seem to know what to do, but to actually go through it all again will take perhaps a few more days...
If you got mail, you should have been able to complete it! I wonder what surprises you encountered, unless it might be: the blue gate for the last bonus coin.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Wed May 12, 2021 1:57 pm

Yes it is!

I should have: placed the metal box on the blue button before attempting the colour sequence, then I could enter "Tricky Timers" earlier, not "Cannon Sniper".
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Wed May 12, 2021 2:07 pm

Indeed, you have solved it! These optimizations will certainly save you time in the updated version.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Wed May 12, 2021 3:32 pm

I just made a wonderful discovery that should be of great help in the revised version:
It is possible to extract 5 boulders in Roadblock Rodeo - not just 4!
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Wed May 12, 2021 3:51 pm

Amnon wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 3:32 pm
I just made a wonderful discovery that should be of great help in the revised version:
!
Oh, you are onto some wonderful stuff now... keep discovering, and now you will soon see the entire sequence unfold. :)
Last edited by Tech Warrior on Fri May 14, 2021 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Thu May 13, 2021 4:01 am

I have just completed the original level!!!
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Thu May 13, 2021 2:34 pm

EXCELLENT work! You have thwarted the mind games!

Now you no doubt have an idea about the revised version that should get you done with that.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Thu May 13, 2021 3:20 pm

Now you no doubt have an idea about the revised version that should get you done with that.
Oh Yes, I know what needs to be done, in what order exactly - but it is a long process and I just need to get it completed in one go without failing on one stupid mistake or another.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Fri May 14, 2021 2:31 am

I MADE IT!!!!!!!!

Now I didn't use the square white button in the "Foul Play" area, nor the yellow round button in the locked-up area (with the ice-cube and boulder). Hope this is OK and you won't change everything yet again...
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Fri May 14, 2021 3:03 am

Just played the revised easy levels from World 3 - Thanks.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Fri May 14, 2021 3:15 am

EXCELLENT work! You have conquered one of my hardest levels, beaten the mind games of misdirection, and escaped the Crystal City - all without a single hint.

Not to worry, because: per the instructions at the end, it is not possible to use the round yellow button area! You did everything as intended.

Now, here's also a fun fact: you can beat the level using just three boulders!

Enjoy your rest - per the schedule, we will start World 11 in a few days.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Fri May 14, 2021 3:24 am

Now, here's also a fun fact...
Well if you insist then you need only 1!
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Fri May 14, 2021 3:46 am

Now I am searching around, but is that so?? Because: there is not enough equipment! You can only get the reflectors after getting all the coins.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Fri May 14, 2021 4:05 am

You are right!

But then I do not understand: how do you manage to turn that wooden box around towards Roadblocks Rodeo when the entrance to Cannon Sniper is still under water?
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Fri May 14, 2021 4:14 am

Ah, the answer to that is a kicker - a discovery which may not be required given your initial discovery, but otherwise would be depending on whether your first discovery is realized (unless, you would like to find out for yourself, then don't proceed): You don't need to access Cannon Sniper at all until the end, because it has no rainbow coins!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Fri May 14, 2021 4:33 am

Yes, I am well aware of that - I discovered this myself already, but still: without making a U-turn in that area, I know no other way how to turn the wooden box from Morklin's house to where it is needed.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Fri May 14, 2021 4:52 am

Oh yes, in fact it is a small detail, because: moving the metal box to the red button, you can then enter the curved ice from the left, pushing it up the right side.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Fri May 14, 2021 5:03 am

WOW, I did not see this, and I was looking for this option quite a while: had I found this way, I could have completed the level (both versions) earlier because I died being careless on the U-turn... Also because I would be looking much earlier for better use of boulders!
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Fri May 14, 2021 5:16 am

Interesting that despite the small details, our solutions actually remain quite a bit different. For me it is fascinating about your first discovery, because: I did not see it until way later, after already using the aforementioned solution, because I had been using just three boulders (actually, I would just use the fourth to block the cannon). So, I did not initially know there would be any other way to solve it. But then, I figured it would be the harder of the two methods to discover.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Fri May 14, 2021 6:48 am

Well it was necessity that brought my first discovery, once I realised that keeping the cyan gate open was a major problem (unlike in my original solution where that was taken for granted), I looked and saw that a boulder is needed there, then I desperately looked for another boulder. I was thinking of replacing two boulders with the wooden box, but since I did not see the possibility of directing it there (passing through the red gate), I looked harder at the first boulder puzzle.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Fri May 14, 2021 4:12 pm

Aha! Now, I would like to know this bit regarding the endgame: did the round yellow button area cause you the most problems when trying to get the mail? If so, it did its job. Otherwise, I wonder which element of this puzzle was the most confounding...
Nock

Post by Nock » Fri May 14, 2021 6:24 pm

Just started this, On world three, very fun so far. Based on some of the comments, later worlds look ridiculous compared to the original trilogy. Probably will end up asking for help sooner or later but want to see how far I can get on my own.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Fri May 14, 2021 6:39 pm

Nock wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 6:24 pm
Just started this, On world three, very fun so far. Based on some of the comments, later worlds look ridiculous compared to the original trilogy. Probably will end up asking for help sooner or later but want to see how far I can get on my own.
Welcome to the quest! I'm assuming you just downloaded the most recent zip in the first post (asking as World 3 in particular was recently updated last week for better time limits, so want to make sure you have it).

I would say the difficulty level is comparable to the trilogy up until World 9 - things start getting pretty tough at that point, but it's variable (several levels in world 10 are not too bad, for example, but #110 is one of the hardest here).