Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 158/195 levels released, NEW: "False Prophecy")

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - New Level released: "Close Fitting")

Post by Tech Warrior » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:12 pm

Not to discourage your break, Amnon, but... I'm going out of town next week. So, I'd rather get these up sooner rather than later!

Lv86 - "Evacuation" (7.5/10) - This is a speed challenge, and it's tough. The glacier caves are crashing in! Focus on figuring out each segment first, then try to beat it in time. If you can even beat it in time!

Download Notes:

Extract the level into your "WD09 - Back to the Icebergs" directory. Extract 'mtncave' to your CustomTextures directory if you haven't yet gotten it.

Enjoy!

EDIT: difficulty rating updated
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tech Warrior on Thu May 20, 2021 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quest for the Five Elements - a 195-level RTW expansion pack
I am also known as Joey_San on Discord.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - New Level released: "Evacuation")

Post by Tech Warrior » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:05 pm

Lv87 - "Take the Long Way" (6/10) - An arena level! You'll need to survive long enough for the gate to open, then it's you who needs to take the long way! Getting gold is quite a bit harder, so good luck!

Download Notes:

Extract the level into your "WD09 - Back to the Icebergs" directory. Extract 'mtncave' to your CustomTextures directory if you haven't yet gotten it.

Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tech Warrior on Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - New Level released: "Take the Long Way")

Post by Tech Warrior » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:13 am

Trying to get the rest of this world uploaded before I go out of town... because you're going to need some time to complete it!

With that, here's the next level, which improves upon the concepts introduced in "Take the Long Way" and drives the story forward in a big way - a personal favorite in this world.

Lv88 - "The Retrig Button" (5.5/10) - One of the more unique arena levels, this time with three rounds! Don't die afterwards, unless you want to go through the arena again!

Download Notes:

Enjoy!
Last edited by Tech Warrior on Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - New Level released: "The Retrig Button")

Post by Amnon » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:51 pm

Well I did the last one (88). The previous one needs a bit more work on timing, but I will not have time for these at least until Monday.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - New Level released: "The Retrig Button")

Post by Amnon » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:08 pm

Just finished Evacuation (86) with 11 seconds left!
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:18 pm

Nice, I hope that one kept your blood pumping. You're faster than me too - the best I have was 4 seconds left.

Will probably release one more level Saturday, then it's out of town for a week.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:19 pm

Just done "Take the Long Way" (87) - very easy!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:18 pm

I just made "The Cliffs" (#84) with gold. Just amazing!!!
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:57 pm

NICE job!! Not an easy feat - that's for sure.

"Plunging South" and "Take the Long Way" were too easy for this world.

That's why I've UPDATED both levels! You should now find them to be more challenging, more fun, and overall more on par with the other levels in this world. I don't usually update levels once released, but, these two are among the ten-year-old levels I brought along, and I never bothered to update them. So, revisit their post to get them - or, download from here!

Both levels are now in the 'advanced' difficulty. Technically "The Retrig Button" also hasn't been updated, but I am OKAY with it in its current form.

Lv83 - "Plunging South" (7/10) - Some very tricky moves in this updated version of the level, which utilizes concepts from the original version to inspire a much harder puzzle.

Lv87 - "Take the Long Way" (6/10) - To get gold, the level is quite a bit harder, but either way you should find this version to be much more interesting.

Enjoy!

Download Notes:

Extract the levels into your "WD09 - Back to the Icebergs" directory, replacing the old ones if you have them. Extract 'mtncave' to your CustomTextures directory if you haven't yet gotten it.

Enjoy!
Kamerson
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by Kamerson » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:31 am

This adventure looks interesting! I'll be sure to play it soon! Quick question; would it be alright if I played these on my RtW livestreams on my Twitch channel in the future?
Hi, I'm Kamerson! I'm a pretty experienced puzzle gamer! Check out my Twitch channel where I have livestreams every Monday and Friday, sometimes playing the Wonderland games!

https://www.twitch.tv/kamerson
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:41 am

Kamerson wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:31 am
This adventure looks interesting! I'll be sure to play it soon! Quick question; would it be alright if I played these on my RtW livestreams on my Twitch channel in the future?
Hey, that would be cool! Go right on ahead! We're about halfway through the quest's full release.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:55 pm

Alright, I'm heading out of town for one week. So, I'll leave you with one more level - the gang has made it to the iceberg peaks, but... where are Qookie and Peegue??

Lv89 - "At the Peak" (5.5/10) - This is a skill course! Followed by an important conversation between Stinky and Loof. It's not too hard, but it does require some precise movements. Good luck and have fun!

Things are only going downhill from here, if you catch my drift. But, you'll need to wait a week for the rest! Use this time to catch up if you're behind.

Download Notes:

Enjoy!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - New Level released: "At the Peak")

Post by Amnon » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:40 am

I just did the last one (At the Peak, #89): Very nice indeed. This is all I have time for now.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - New Level released: "At the Peak")

Post by Amnon » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:09 am

Done #83 (Plunging South) - what a pain...
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:06 pm

Just finished "Take the Long Way (#87) - what a devilish nightmare!

Anyway, I am finally up to date.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:55 am

Okay, back and here we are, descending from the iceberg peaks into the chamber of the second element. The element of air is around the corner, but... where are Qookie and Peegue?? Let's find out.

Lv90 - "The Chamber of the Second Element" (6.5/10) - Cunning Sokoban puzzle, though not one you are used to doing.

Download Notes:

Enjoy!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - New Level released: "The Chamber of the Second Element")

Post by Amnon » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:04 am

Done #90, thanks for the fun!
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - New Level released: "The Chamber of the Second Element")

Post by Tech Warrior » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:10 pm

The caves are getting bigger, yet still no sign of Qookie and Peegue! Are we getting any closer to them??

Lv91 - "Ice Cold Pass" (7.5/10) - A balanced blend of puzzle/action challenges, this is a big exploratory level that you should have seen coming! The glacier caves are getting deeper, but are you any closer to the element of air, Qookie, and Peegue? Good luck on this one - it's pretty tough.

Download Notes:

Enjoy!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 91/195 levels released, NEW: "Ice Cold Pass")

Post by Amnon » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:20 am

Level #91 is totally crazy, but it is done!
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 91/195 levels released, NEW: "Ice Cold Pass")

Post by Tech Warrior » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:49 pm

Nice job, solving #91 is a heavy task, and I expected it would take you a few days minimum. I'm always amazed how quickly you manage to get them done!

So let's get moving with the PENULTIMATE level in this world - the chamber of the second element is drawing towards a climactic close.

Lv92 - "Cold Caverns" (6/10) - Small, crafty, and confusing - all until you crack the puzzle wide open. Sometimes, it's the simplest puzzles which are the most confounding. Getting gold is a kicker. Pass this penultimate challenge, then we shall see how everything comes to a head in the finale...

Download Notes:

Enjoy!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 92/195 levels released, NEW: "Cold Caverns")

Post by Amnon » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:59 pm

Level 92 is very nice and not too hard - thanks!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 92/195 levels released, NEW: "Cold Caverns")

Post by Amnon » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:36 pm

Just to clarify regarding level 91, I found no clever neat and safe way to do it - it's all about timing and going between the drops, isn't it?
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:30 am

Amnon wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:36 pm
Just to clarify regarding level 91, I found no clever neat and safe way to do it - it's all about timing and going between the drops, isn't it?
You cannot completely avoid the rolling rocks, but there are indeed some clever ways you can reduce your chances of succumbing to them. For example (spoilers):

- Don't push the bottom two boulders right away. Use Loof to deal with the boxes up top first, then you can use the right-most boulder to collide with the rolling boulder at the top. You can then have Stinky push just the second from bottom boulder to clear the chompers, then use Loof on the long ice path from the top to get the coins towards the white teleporter. This way, you are only having to dodge one boulder instead of three or four.

- The only other time you need some luck is the three coins in the middle. Clear the flame on the left, then deal with those ASAP, that way you're not losing more hard work if you die. Dodging the two rocks at the bottom isn't too bad after you get those three coins.

- One trick you can do is, after you get Loof to the island of four coins with the last box, since Loof needs to re-enter the ice to get the box pushed up, quickly slide Stinky across as a wall so that you don't have to encounter the rocks again (like you did in "At the Peak").

- Another trick you can do at the last coin by the exit, is just enter the curved ice from the right.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:46 am

Thank you, yes, I have basically done all that.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:00 am

Amnon wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:46 am
Thank you, yes, I have basically done all that.
Ah, well then, that's about as neat as you can do this one, once you figure everything out. I do believe it's an airtight puzzle, other than these tricks.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:14 pm

The end is here. Welcome to the FINALE not just of this world, not just of CHAPTER TWO, but of the first half of the quest. You've worked hard to get here - there is even an epilogue to be completed after you conquer the UFOs, collect the element of air, and save Qookie and Peegue! Get ready to brace the winds of winter.

Lv93 - "Element 2: The Winds of Winter" (8.5/10) - This finale is unmatched by the challenges that have preceded it. It serves you a little bit of everything, and it's huge, appropriately so as the culmination of your journey so far. You've made it to the halfway point, and the element of air is just within your reach! But can you collect it? You need to enter a good headspace before attempting this marathon - it's an expert-tier level, one of the first in this quest. Bravo if you beat it. BIG BRAVO if you get gold, you master puzzler.

Lv93 EPILOGUE - "Leaving Wonderland" - Once you collect the element of air, then you will return to the Temple of Elements where the gang will have a conversation about what comes next, before jumping into the portal to the next world. This is the very last time you will be in Wonderland!

ALL levels will now be compiled into a 'world' folder, also included in this post. First post has now been updated to include World 9, which is now completely uploaded:

Lv082 - Behind Crystal Lake
Lv083 - Plunging South
Lv084 - Cliffs
Lv085 - Close Fitting
Lv086 - Evacuation
Lv087 - Take the Long Way
Lv088 - The Retrig Button
Lv089 - At the Peak
Lv090 - The Chamber of the Second Element
Lv091 - Ice Cold Pass
Lv092 - Cold Caverns
Lv093 - Element 2: The Winds of Winter
Lv093epilogue - Leaving Wonderland

I thoroughly hope you have enjoyed WORLD 9; I have enjoyed sharing it with you. Onwards to World 10. :D

Download Notes:

If you have already downloaded the other levels in this world, just download Lv093. Extract the levels into your "WD09 - Back to the Icebergs" directory. Extract 'mtncave' to your CustomTextures directory if you haven't yet gotten it.

If you have not downloaded the other levels in this world, download the full WD09 zip, and extract the levels into your Quest for the Five Elements directory, in a new 'WD09 - Back to the Icebergs' folder. Extract 'mtncave' to your CustomTextures directory.

Enjoy!
Last edited by Tech Warrior on Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 93/195 levels released, NEW: "Element 2: The Winds of Winter")

Post by Amnon » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:06 am

After trying extensively for over a day, I reached the conclusion that level #93 is broken - it is impossible to collect all bonus coins.

Looking at the editor I found the reason: the barrel in the wall is in the wrong place, one place to the right of where it should be.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 93/195 levels released, NEW: "Element 2: The Winds of Winter")

Post by Tech Warrior » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:15 am

Amnon wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:06 am
After trying extensively for over a day, I reached the conclusion that level #93 is broken - it is impossible to collect all bonus coins.

Looking at the editor I found the reason: the barrel in the wall is in the wrong place, one place to the right of where it should be.
I take that as a compliment that you have been puzzled, despite checking the editor. The barrel is exactly where it should be. :wink:

You're missing something very important... (spoiler), it is: patience.

Never would I release a level that's broken! Every level goes through two phases of testing: (1) possibility with gold, and (2) preventing loopholes.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:49 pm

Yes, I needed patience, lots of... it took me two full days where I neglected all my other duties and my health, so now I deserve a rest.
Even when knowing what to do, so many accidents, so many restarts, Phew - I would give it more than 8/10 difficult, perhaps 9, because I can't see how one is supposed to guess that all those objects need to be eliminated for no apparent reason... perhaps by remembering some previous levels in this series?
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:37 pm

Amnon wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:49 pm
Yes, I needed patience, lots of... it took me two full days where I neglected all my other duties and my health, so now I deserve a rest.
Even when knowing what to do, so many accidents, so many restarts, Phew - I would give it more than 8/10 difficult, perhaps 9, because I can't see how one is supposed to guess that all those objects need to be eliminated for no apparent reason... perhaps by remembering some previous levels in this series?
EXCELLENT! And you're correct about the last bit - this is a finale, which differs from other levels in that it brings all aspects of the world together. The intention is for you to play the other levels in the series, else you will have little chance of beating it (hence the gate puzzle as well)! In this way, for instance, you would indeed figure (not guess) that destroying all the boxes is the key, as you have done this in several other levels in this world. There's only so much you can do in this level - once that doesn't work, you must recognize that you haven't yet tried everything!

Enjoy your rest - we're still about a week out from the start of the next series. Difficulty updated to 8.5 - this finale is actually quite mild compared to some of them on the way...