Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 158/195 levels released, NEW: "False Prophecy")

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 104/195 levels released, NEW: "Playing with Marbles"

Post by Tech Warrior » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:47 pm

OKAY, try this new version, and let's see what you find... I've tested a lot of combinations over the last several hours, and I have so far only been able to find one solution which I am able to reproduce. I am sure there are more, but I expect this arrangement will take more thought to figure out...

There is a larger version of this level on the way, which I think I will PM you for testing, if you do not mind, so as to avoid consistently reuploading.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Quest for the Five Elements - a 195-level RTW expansion pack
I am also known as Joey_San on Discord.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 104/195 levels released, NEW: "Playing with Marbles"

Post by Tech Warrior » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:12 pm

If I had to pick one level that I was most excited to share from the Crystal City series, it would have to be this one, hands down. One of the city's most popular attractions, featuring an indirect cameo from one of Wonderland's finest figures.

Lv105 - "Morklin's Believe It or Not" (7.5/10) - The only way towards the Nexus is through Morklin's magical museum, which is one of Crystal City's toughest games. That's because it relies very much on reverse psychology. If it doesn't look possible, it probably isn't. But is that the truth? OR should you assume otherwise?? OR will the solution pop out of thin air thanks to rainbow magic?? Only in Morklin's Believe It or Not, will you come to experience these things. Good luck getting out.

Download Notes:

Extract the level into your "WD10 - Crystal City" directory. Extract 'crystal' to your CustomTextures directory if you haven't yet gotten it.

Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tech Warrior on Sat May 01, 2021 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 105/195 levels released, NEW: "Morklin's Believe It or Not"

Post by Amnon » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:36 pm

Following many hours of trying, Loof made it out with gold, on his own in #104.

It required very perfect timing.

I will not have more time for playing in the next few days, so I will not open MORKLIN as yet.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 105/195 levels released, NEW: "Morklin's Believe It or Not"

Post by Tech Warrior » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:53 pm

Amnon wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:36 pm
Following many hours of trying, Loof made it out with gold, on his own in #104.

It required very perfect timing.

I will not have more time for playing in the next few days, so I will not open MORKLIN as yet.
OKAY, good, and indeed you have found a different solution. I sent you a PM with my solution, if you are able to share yours; I will add it to my list of solutions for the level. This will be the final version.

I will await your results for 105, when you are ready to play. 106 will take a lot more testing for right now, so we are in no hurry.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:59 pm

My goal is to finish releasing Crystal City by the end of April... and we've still got quite a few levels in this world. Don't worry - there will be a break between this world and the next, mostly because, well, you'll need it!

This next one is, another one of my favorites. Stinky just cannot resist playing more dangerous games, which of course does not bother the gamemakers. Behold - I didn't just tease the "Matrix of Madness" in Lv104 for nothing...

Lv106 - "Matrix of Madness" (8.5/10) - A unique minigame that finds Stinky trapped in a matrix of moving colors. You have two puzzles to solve. First, you must find the correct combination to start the matrix. Then it's up to Loof to navigate the spheres using the control panel in such a way that will unlock the matrix and free Stinky, else he should find himself descend further into the rabbit hole! This is probably the hardest puzzle that Crystal City has to offer, but, it is also the most unique, changing the Wonderland you know into a very different game - one I am sure you will find very entertaining.

NOTE: I don't usually suggest or endorse this, but I believe that you will get maximum enjoyment from the minigame if you have full view of the board - this will require you to use the Alt-X axis control. You can certainly beat the level without this, but, as I said, it will be best enjoyed with a full view, and you will see why. If you're unfamiliar with this control, simply hold Alt+X, then use the number pad to change the camera view.

Download Notes:

Extract the level into your "WD10 - Crystal City" directory. Extract 'crystal' to your CustomTextures directory if you haven't yet gotten it.

Enjoy!
Last edited by Tech Warrior on Sat May 01, 2021 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 106/195 levels released, NEW: "Matrix of Madness"

Post by rainbowmon » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:08 pm

Me: *checks the Wonderforums* "Oh. No new posts. Oh well."

Give or take 15 minutes later...: *recieves an email about a new post* :stinkylol:

Also, I believe it's Control-Alt-X on some computers. That's what I typicallly use in any case - though maybe I'm having a Mandela Effect...
Rainbowmon of the Care-Monic Spirits
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 106/195 levels released, NEW: "Matrix of Madness"

Post by Tech Warrior » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:24 pm

It's a shame Wonderland isn't more popular - I do miss when the forums were bursting with activity! Now, it often feels like a ghost town, and that needs to be changed.

Hopefully we see a spike soon - one of my goals here is to help breathe some new life back into the community to encourage such a spike. :)

Also... you get email notifications?? Oh, I would like to get those.
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:37 pm

User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit Notification Options

Unfortunately it only emails you about new posts in threads you've bookmarked, which I have it set to do automatically after posting in a thread - it'd be nice if there was a way to have it email me about any and all new posts though, like a certain Frogger-related forum I'm on, but unfortunately there isn't.

Also, I seem to recall there being a Wonderland Discord now, but they don't have the link posted publicly to avoid spam accounts or something. I might ask for a link to that myself at some point; I'm considering creating a Discord account after getting Farewell Golden in Celeste so I can see about getting on the official list of players that have pulled it off, and might as well join the Wonderland Discord while I'm at it if I decide to do so...
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:56 pm

rainbowmon wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:37 pm
User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit Notification Options

Unfortunately it only emails you about new posts in threads you've bookmarked, which I have it set to do automatically after posting in a thread - it'd be nice if there was a way to have it email me about any and all new posts though, like a certain Frogger-related forum I'm on, but unfortunately there isn't.

Also, I seem to recall there being a Wonderland Discord now, but they don't have the link posted publicly to avoid spam accounts or something. I might ask for a link to that myself at some point; I'm considering creating a Discord account after getting Farewell Golden in Celeste so I can see about getting on the official list of players that have pulled it off, and might as well join the Wonderland Discord while I'm at it if I decide to do so...
Oh, would you know who to ask for the Discord link? I've noticed that Discord is replacing a lot of forums these days (I'm in several groups for different games, wherein the forums for those games are all relatively silent now, but the Discord chats are always chatty, sometimes too much so!).
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:11 pm

I believe Lazy Loof can help you there.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:47 pm

Amnon, you'll have a few new ones waiting for you when you return... I am just really impatient, sorry, but actually not, because I do already have up to around 160 already done... so why wait?? Besides, 105-107 makes for a fun trilogy.

Anyway, things take a pretty serious turn quite fast, as the gang finds themselves in trouble at the Nexus. I absolutely loved designing this next level, which promises to be a lot of fun for anyone in tune with the story thus far...

Welcome to THE BREAKOUT of Crystal City - well, the part of it that's in the sky, anyway.

Lv107 - "The Breakout" (7/10) - An exciting 3D scenic obstacle course, as you try to avert the Crystal City Special Forces on your way out of the Nexus towards ground level. The gang has had enough fun in the resort city, but unfortunately, they are now terrorists, technically. More fun for them, depending on who’s side you’re on!

Download Notes:

Enjoy!
Last edited by Tech Warrior on Sun May 02, 2021 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 107/195 levels released, NEW: "The Breakout"

Post by Amnon » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:26 pm

Well I had a few hours to do the Morklin and I found a way which I assume is not the intended one because it depends on luck!

Actually, given enough time, or in untimed mode, this solution should work almost always.

I was lucky enough to complete the level with gold, but I still haven't solved the main puzzle, that with the cannon and generator, I guess I will need to continue looking into it when I find the time, only then I will download the last two levels.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 107/195 levels released, NEW: "The Breakout"

Post by Tech Warrior » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:48 pm

Amnon wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:26 pm
Well I had a few hours to do the Morklin and I found a way which I assume is not the intended one because it depends on luck!

Actually, given enough time, or in untimed mode, this solution should work almost always.

I was lucky enough to complete the level with gold, but I still haven't solved the main puzzle, that with the cannon and generator, I guess I will need to continue looking into it when I find the time, only then I will download the last two levels.
Does this solution involve: building a bridge to free the ghost? If not, then I am completely confounded, nor do I understand how you were able to complete the level with gold without solving the generator puzzle, which is quite interconnected with the rest.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:56 pm

Does this solution involve... yes it does, I thought that would be needed in any case for reaching the end!
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:07 pm

Aha, well, believe it or not (pun intended), there are some interesting observations here:

1) that is supposed to be misdirection, because there is another way to get out which forces you to solve both the link sphere and generator puzzles correctly (and the rest of the level in fact). However, I never realized you could actually beat the level this way! That means that you must have: used the plasma boxes to cover the buttons, thereby freeing up more spheres for the bridges. Still not sure how you got to the rest of the coins without solving the generator puzzle, though.

In any case, this is really interesting, but I'll keep the level as is, because I believe executing this solution is ultimately much harder to do, as you said, since it relies on some luck.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:12 pm

OR did you: use something else to destroy the kegs at the end, and wait for the ghost to reach the keg by the rainbow coins on the left?
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:12 pm

That means that you must have... Not at all - the number of spheres is exactly sufficient for everything.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:14 pm

Yes, the second suggestion, this is what I did...
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:21 pm

Aha, okay, I have put together your solution... and I remain absolutely baffled it is even possible. It now makes sense why you did not have to solve the generator puzzle.

I will not say anything further, but you probably have a good idea how the generator puzzle works I am sure.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:24 pm

I will not say anything further, but you probably have a good idea how the generator puzzle works I am sure.
Well of course, if I could get that generator to spew anything then the rest would be a piece of cake!
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:32 pm

Amnon wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:24 pm
Well of course, if I could get that generator to spew anything then the rest would be a piece of cake!
As Morklin would put it, "the devil is in the details," or in this case: the intended solution. :)

Sure, he is still proud that his museum was mucked up by a ghost!
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:11 pm

Video walkthrough of Worlds 1-3 now released!

In that thread, I've also begun adding hints up to World 9. All level solutions are already recorded, however I will be spacing out when I upload them, so as to provide time for players to download and try the levels first. This means I'll focus on uploading Worlds 4-6 in about a month from now, and so on.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:21 pm

Just completed the intended Morklin. Thanks!!!
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:10 pm

Nice job!!

We now have an official logo for the Quest, added in the first post!! FINALLY.

It took a while for me to decide what I wanted... might update it here and there - would like to add five elemental crystals above the word 'elements,' but we'll see (hence why it is smaller). The final full release will likely have a slightly modified logo, but for now, I like this one!

SMALL version:

Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:04 am

The gang is enduring quite a bit of a fallout from the events of the breakout... LITERALLY, hahaha! Now at ground level, it's time to see where everyone landed after jumping out of the Nexus, and what comes next, as they work on escaping Crystal City towards the forest.

And with that, we have my single FAVORITE level in the entire quest, because of one reason: it's a new genre I like to call an EXPLORATORY level - the only one of its kind in this quest.

Lv108 - "Exploring the Big City" (7.5/10) - I have a huge interest in many old platformer games, such as the Crash Bandicoot series, Ty the Tasmanian Tiger, etc. So I thought - would it be possible to build such a world inside Wonderland? Obviously, the answer is YES. This level is designed as a huge hub, laying out the ground level of Crystal City, wherein you have many tasks to complete inside the city. But first, you'll need to explore the city and see what you have to work with. There are lots of little things in here, some hidden, some not, as the focus is on EXPLORATION, beyond the traditional puzzle/action genre you would expect within Wonderland. This makes it one of the most experimental levels I have made - it should give you a very different play experience... as has been a theme with the Crystal City levels!

This level is a proof of concept - if you enjoy it, and you can see yourself playing more levels like it, then obviously I will be taking that into account as I continue making levels! Given the level's nature, you should expect to spend a while on it.

Download Notes:

Enjoy!
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 108/195 levels released, NEW: "Exploring the Big City"

Post by Tech Warrior » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:33 pm

Starting May 1st, I will be out for two weeks on a field project... we have TWO more levels in Crystal City, and I'm planning to release them back-to-back just about. Chances are that you will need at least two weeks to play through Crystal City if you have not - most of that time will be spent on the matrix of madness and the upcoming finale, I reckon.

So first, we'll release 109, then tomorrow the full ZIP with 110. I'll still be online here and there during the two weeks to answer any questions/hints, but no new uploads. So, we'll plan to begin the next world mid-May! This will also provide time for you to catch up, and for any newcomers to join the quest.

Following 108, we now know where Stinky and Loof landed, but what about Qookie and Peegue?? Unfortunately, their karma is terrible. And Crystal City planned on that, more than likely. This level is the PENULTIMATE challenge of Crystal City, and is one of its most dangerous attractions. Escape the Red Room, then you're ready to challenge the world finale...

Lv109 - "The Red Room" (9/10) - I've saved the best minigame for last (IMO), as it's time to put all your skills together to escape THE RED ROOM, which is one very dangerous game that unfortunately Qookie and Peegue have landed in. Qookie is trapped in the red room, and if Peegue so much as touches that red button, well, Qookie dies!! You have a lot of puzzles to solve, plenty of action to combat, and some very important strategizing to do to prevent ANYTHING from hitting the red button... as much as possible, in any case.

Download Notes:

Enjoy!
Last edited by Tech Warrior on Wed May 05, 2021 3:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 110/195 levels released, CRYSTAL CITY released)

Post by Tech Warrior » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:08 pm

Welcome to the FINALE of Crystal City, which is one of the hardest puzzles you have yet faced... because it is full of psychological puzzles. If you thought that the city was being generous with you before, well, it’s hitting you full swing now, bringing all of the gaming city's themes together. Just remember everything you have learned in the city - it may help you win, or it may not... see, we're already starting the mind games.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN.

Lv110 - "Mind Games" (9.5/10) - Stinky has chosen to delay the gang's progress into the forest by taking on eight mini-games of mind boggling torture. Little does he know that the game-makers saw him coming a mile away and will do everything to manipulate Stinky into believing that he is outsmarting them, when in fact he is not. This finale is, for lack of better words, one hell of a level. A marathon start to finish. A platter chock full of puzzles of every kind. Absolutely massive. Just like Crystal City.

The only way to win this level is to outsmart the game-makers. And when you do that, it will be quite satisfying, I assure you. :wink:

One more thing... TAKE BREAKS. You WILL need them. After all, your mind will play its own games on you without rest. Better rest = better clarity, which you need to tackle these games. Breaks will also alleviate the inevitable frustration that will arise because you fell victim to the games… again and again. This level is long, and requires a lot of mental stamina. If requested, I'll be happy to upload 'intermediate checkpoint' variants that let you practice each of the eight games individually, before you tackle them all together.

And that, friends, concludes CRYSTAL CITY. Let's reflect on the world as a whole, which is now fully uploaded:

The biggest city in the universe, and a high-tech gaming center, Crystal City introduces the gang to a host of new discoveries. This world is the first to properly feature the 'platinum' puzzle features, and it does so through thematic minigames and attractions that our heroes encounter throughout their exploration of the city. The resort city has much to offer, almost too much in fact, since this entire world provides the gang a colorful distraction from their primary objective: to find the remaining three elements. It only took jumping out of the sky for them to get back on track.

As I mentioned when we started, this is my favorite world in the quest, with some of my personal favorites being 94, 102, 103, and all the levels from 105-110. If we didn't have work to do in the forest, I'd keep making minigames!! Enjoy what's here, and let's see what comes next.

Lv94 - Crystal City Shore
Lv95 - Linked In
Lv96 - City Life
Lv97 - Mess
Lv98 - Bouncy House
Lv99 - Dodgeball
Lv100 - Toasty
Lv101 - The Kaboom Dance
Lv102 - Mirror Maze
Lv103 - Minesweeper
Lv104 - Playing with Marbles
Lv105 - Morklin's Believe It or Not
Lv106 - Matrix of Madness
Lv107 - The Breakout
Lv108 - Exploring the Big City
Lv109 - The Red Room
Lv110 - Mind Games

First post has been updated to include all of QFE Worlds 1-10. We will begin World 11 starting May 17th, which should give you plenty of time to catch up.

Download Notes:

Downloads removed due to updating issues with the forum! See Page 11 for the updated downloads.

Enjoy!
Last edited by Tech Warrior on Tue May 11, 2021 7:17 pm, edited 7 times in total.
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 110/195 levels released, CRYSTAL CITY released)

Post by rainbowmon » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:50 pm

After putting it off for a while, I finally started on World 9...

And I'm stuck at the very beginning of Plunging South: I'm guessing I need to destroy all of the Steel Boxes, since destroying the Prism by means of closing the Purple Gate doesn't do anything with the generator, right? But I don't see how in the universe to do that...
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:59 pm

Email notification success. :)

Your guess is correct, but here's how to accomplish this: the prism generator is craftily hidden by the cannons - you need to crash the prism into the steel box. This requires a quick move and a very careful setup.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sat May 01, 2021 3:12 pm

Just completed the Matrix of Madness (#106). Took me several days.

It is madness to place that level on a par with the much-easier previous one (#105): if Morklin was of difficulty 8/10, then this is at least a 9/10!!!