Quest for the Five Elements - LEVEL SOLUTIONS

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Quest for the Five Elements - LEVEL SOLUTIONS

Post by Tech Warrior » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:02 pm

Greetings,

With the Quest for the Five Elements level pack finally releasing, I've decided that it will be more organized to have a single thread dedicated to level hints and solutions. Here, I will post the solutions for all 195 levels, should you get stuck. For more difficult levels, I'll preface the solutions with some hints - just in case you need a nudge but don't want the full solution. Solutions will never be released before the levels, and I'll probably give some time between the release of levels and the publication of their solutions.

Feel free to post your own solutions if they differ from the intended ones. Indeed, I am aware there are plenty of levels with more than one solution. That's part of the fun!

I will continue to update this thread specifically to post solutions for each level. Each following post will be reserved for each world.
Quest for the Five Elements - a 195-level RTW expansion pack
I am also known as Joey_San on Discord.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements - LEVEL SOLUTIONS

Post by Tech Warrior » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:03 pm

Last edited by Tech Warrior on Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Last edited by Tech Warrior on Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Last edited by Tech Warrior on Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

World 4 - Farmers' Fields

HINTS:

Lv36 - "Flower Gardens":
- Rainbow spirits can do a lot more than just collect coins for you!
- Boxes can do a lot more than just build bridges for you!

Lv42 - "Mindful Strategies":
- Don't be greedy too early on, else you should not be able to position certain items where you want them.
Last edited by Tech Warrior on Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

World 5 - Gloomy Castle

HINTS:

Lv45 - "Broken Fusebox":
- Characters can block other characters from exiting a teleporter the same way they entered...

Lv47 - "Colorguard":
- If you step on a timer, then on/off the round button of the same color before the timer ends, upon ending, the gate will stay open.

Lv50 - "Trapdoor":
- You need an obstacle to help block the cannon fire, but only one character is capable of controlling said obstacle.

Lv51 - "Rooftop Rumble":
- Go ahead, push the prism into cannon fire. See what happens.

Lv52 - "Secret Passageways":
- It wouldn't be a secret passageway if you had any way of seeing the fake wall texture.

Lv53 - "The Keep":
- Stinky already warned you that there are devious traps everywhere. That means you should always assume everyone is out to get you, because they are.
Last edited by Tech Warrior on Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:04 pm

World 6 - Snowy Mountains

HINTS:

Lv59 - "Snowy Shafts":
- You already know not everything is as it seems, which is exactly why you should not be fooled into believing there is only one way to get all those coins...

Lv60 - "Freezy Fever":
- I know exactly where you're getting stuck, and I'll just remind you that it isn't just characters that can move boxes.

Lv63 - "Trickster":
- Seriously, just try the only possible thing you can do. If you aren't yet aware of this mechanic, this level introduces you to it! The name also gives away the ending puzzle, too.

Lv66 - "Secret Corners":
- You can actually kill the stagnant UFO if you time your movements carefully. Note that killing this UFO doesn't make a huge difference, however.

Lv67 - "Break Through!":
- Navigating the UFO action segment is tricky, but you can make it easier by going through to collect all four coins just once. That way, you can just hop on/off the bridges for the last two bonus coins, making the timing a bit more manageable.

Lv68 - "Battle at Blizzard Peak":
- Remember the whole fire diversion thing I made an entire level about?? There's a reason it was designed as a tutorial level!
- Don't overthink the yellow teleporter puzzle. Notice that even upon opening the rainbow gate, it will still take a hot minute for the cannons in the beginning to kill the remaining UFOs circling around.
- The last sign is actually a hint, to save you the inevitable frustration you will endure if you miss the only opportunity to make the indigo gate. Did anyone play "One Last Hurrah?" At least this time, I'm giving you plenty of time to anticipate what will happen. Better use that time well to set your characters up right.
Last edited by Tech Warrior on Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

World 7 - The Caves

HINTS:

Lv70 - "Cavern Quest":
- Yes, there are two solutions. And yes, there is already one metal box in the lava by the bonus coins. Now figure the rest out.

Lv73 - "Crystal Chasms":
- A little intuitive thinking should allow you to anticipate that you should definitely not kill that Kaboom.
- Gates are great for getting in and out, but they are also great as obstacles for things that shouldn't get in and out.

Lv74 - "Showcase":
- You know where the bonus coins are. If you can't see the fake wall texture, that means it's facing the direction you can't see. Now where would I place that??
Last edited by Tech Warrior on Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

World 8 - Temple of Elements

HINTS:

Lv75 - "Gateway to the Lost Temple":
- Boxes can do a lot more than just build bridges for you!

Lv80 - "The Library":
- Don't overthink the first gate code. Practice it first until you find a starting position that enables you to perform the entire set of moves, wherein no walls or obstacles are blocking you. If you don't hear anything after doing the dance with the correct character, you didn't automatically lose. This leads into the second hint...
- Think ahead! How do you get the purple gate unlocked? Obviously, you need all four characters in place. If you push a box into that area with a character, then you will not be able to have all four characters in place...
- "A bounce on blue" means "jump on/off the blue button." Otherwise your precious little plasma box stays put.
Last edited by Tech Warrior on Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

World 9 - Back to the Icebergs

HINTS:

Lv82 - "Behind Crystal Lake":
- Stop trying to put all three prisms on the buttons. It's impossible! Use something else instead.

Lv83 - "Plunging South":
- Positioning of the characters is extremely important, but you won't know that until you destroy that prism the first time. Also... you still have a steel box on the board, right? Try getting rid of that.
- In case the above wasn't helpful, you need to crash the prism into the steel box. That's why positioning of the characters is important! This is a fast move requiring a fast switch, because you have to push the steel box into the prism, as it runs down the conveyor.
- Another fast move is required with the Kabooms. No special setups - just have to be fast as you get the characters through the gate.

Lv84 - "Cliffs":
- If you find yourself 1-2 boxes short in trying to access the teleporter for the extra bonus points, that means you already did the level wrong. The next couple hints are big, so only check them if you're desperate.
- There are two ways to get the rainbow coin in the bottom-left on ice. You need to focus on the less-obvious way...
- ...there are no rainbow coins on the z-bot island, which means you don't need a bridge there right away!

Lv85 - "Close Fitting":
- Giving you hints on a sokoban puzzle is kind of hard to do, but I'll save you the trouble: there are no hidden elements!
- Use the conveyor to your advantage! Either the cyan or green buttons are the last to be covered, but remember that you can store a box down under the conveyor until you need it.
- Don't let the top section sokoban overwhelm you. The bridge tiles are appropriately placed, so that you have enough steps to execute the sokoban in the only way possible.

Lv86 - "Evacuation":
- Remember the little timer button trick used in "Colorguard?" Well, you do now.
- Remember the importance of position in "Plunging South?" Well, you do now. At least here you can see the generators.
- Oh yeah, don't overthink the spiral of buttons and gates at the end. Really. You'll hurt your brain. I would say you have a pretty good chance of succeeding if you wing most of it.

Lv87 - "Take the Long Way":
- There are two sweet spots that let you control most of the UFO fire.
- If it wasn't obvious, you need to kill all the z-bots to access the top section for gold.

Lv88 - "The Retrig Button":
- Getting out of the arena just requires good timing and movement. The level is quite easy after this.

Lv89 - "At the Peak":
- The level is all about misdirection... literally.

Lv90 - "The Chamber of the Second Element":
- You poor stinker, continuing to think that you can finish that bridge at the end all by yourself. Why else do you think there's all this water around you? Next hint is big...
- When you run out of water, don't assume there are not other ways to destroy the boxes... as long as you have an even number.

Lv91 - "Ice Cold Pass":
- You don't need to push all the boulders right away! Use a few attempts to figure out which paths do what. Then, you'll realize that you can save yourself a lot of death by NOT pushing all the boulders right away... oh and you can destroy the one at the top.
- Remember the "misdirection" thing in "At the Peak?" Well, you can use that again to save yourself risking death...
- Another trick you can do at the last coin by the exit, is just enter the curved ice from the right!

Lv92 - "Cold Caverns":
- The scenery is not just scenery, if you pay attention to how it's all laid out.
- You can only hit the conveyor timer once, right? But that's just because the UFO only cares about killing you...

Lv93 - "Element 2: The Winds of Winter":
- Out of all the individual teleporter puzzles, only two of them require all four characters. And only one of them requires that all four enter in a specific way. I would take care of that one first. This is because... (next hint is a big one)
- The moment you enter the pink teleporter from the left, which is the correct entrance, then you're trapped inside the ring, if you setup the level correctly. You can get at most three characters out once you're inside, but you'd best make sure that you first complete the puzzle in the red teleporter, which requires all four characters outside the ring.
- The sign at the top tells you how to destroy the flames at the bottom where the gold treasury is, but you need to think about how to accomplish this. There is only one possible way, and thinking about some of the previous levels, you should get an idea of what you need to do... but if not, read on:
- DESTROY THE KEGS. This also includes allowing the top UFO to shoot a fireball upwards, which requires you to send a little ol' stinker around the world. Then it's up to you to get the timing correct, else you die.
Last edited by Tech Warrior on Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:05 pm

World 10 - Crystal City

HINTS:

Lv94 - "Crystal City Shore":
- Want the bonus coins behind the pinball machine? You'll need to think about working backwards.
- Every sphere needs to be pushed up twice.

Lv95 - "Linked In":
- - Remember that you can push one sphere while another is moving to keep their movements unlinked.

Lv96 - "City Life":
- - Houses are really good at concealing their true contents - but perhaps some require rainbow coins to access.

Lv98 - "Bouncy House":
- That Z-bot has four different uses in this level.
- Remember that landing on a gate, even if the gate is open, will kill you.

Lv105 - "Morklin's Believe It or Not:
- The whole premise of the level is suggestive of some things working outside the laws of physics. If it looks impossible, then try doing exactly what you want to be possible...
- Can't get that generator to work? The devil is in the details. Morklin's favorite color is highlighted over and over again.
- That ghost has only one job, and it requires the help of a boulder.

Lv106 - "Matrix of Madness:"
- To start the matrix, you need to destroy all the spheres. The foolproof sequence to do this only requires use of teleporters twice.
- When you unlock the matrix, you are encouraged to use ALT+X to gain view of the whole board. Completing the level without this is not very practical.
- You don't need to manuever three spheres in that last move all at the same time. Once at a time will do, but remember you only get a couple chances.
Last edited by Tech Warrior on Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:05 pm

Reserved for World 11
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper