New Level [ADVANCED] : The Devil's Playground

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

New Level [ADVANCED] : The Devil's Playground

Post by Jutomi » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:03 am

Level 66 is a new, terrifying addition to my collection featuring no less than 6 separate glitches (well, give or take depending on what you consider a "glitch" per se).

Good luck! And uh... Let me know if you'd like any hints... cause this one's, uh, really hard lest there exist alternate solutions (which there probably do)

I'm sorry xD

My Cursed Video Solution~
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Jutomi on Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: New Level [ADVANCED] : The Devil's Playground

Post by Amnon » Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:42 pm

It took me under an hour to solve, I did not use the yellow sphere and 2 of the pinky cubes and did not do anything with the barrels - and I only used one glitch. The whole game took me only 54 seconds.

I guess this is not how it was intended, but good for me because I have no time to play in the next couple of days.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:30 pm

Aaagh that's not good... :lol:

And here I was about to upload a version with one less sticky cube... good grief, Amnon! I'll have to figure out what you did so I can patch it. :roll:

Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:58 pm

Aight, reuploaded it :lol: should have fixed several issues that looked like they probably led to alternate solutions. Fingers crossed!

Saved the original (which had two downloads - one being you :P) here. ^^
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:10 pm

This will take me a while, so many possibilities, but for now I just wanted to note something new:

I saw a red gate with the 3 bolts turning like it was closed, but with no bars (or perhaps transparent bars instead of red), like it was open...
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:47 pm

I will say this: You are on the right track. That's exactly what I wanted you to see... and I hope you'll soon come to see even more. :^)

Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:44 am

I invested many hours but still stumble to solve this level with the transporter glitch.

But I did make it anyway, certainly not as intended because several objects were left unused.

I had enough so I am going to give this level a rest.

If curious, the special element I used is... that Loof starts this level on the trampoline.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:12 am

Oh...

That is not at all supposed to be relevant. But if that is... I'm going to need to make an adjustment. And another level. :rofl:

But yeah I may have made this one a little... uh, too complicated, given how absurd and probably not-yet-known the intended glitch is... so uh, let me know if you would like a hint in the right direction. I need a (at least little*) break from Wonderland too, though - between RTW and particularly WA, I've let a lot of things pile up past their due dates. Sometimes the passionate, creative and experimental side of me suppresses logic and obligation, I suppose. :)

Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:37 am

It is relevant because... Loof starts at a unique position to which neither him nor anybody else can later return!

Now I can destroy the chompers with the keg, but that does not help me because I am left with no hardware. It should also be possible to destroy them with a UFO, but it is quite hard to do it. What I believe I need, is to turn the conveyor into a trampoline - turning the square left of it into a trampoline is not difficult but does not really help
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:07 pm

Gotcha...

Wellh, I guess I'll have to figure that out then, huh? :)

but I'll also probably one-day release another version with that "thing" :stinkywink: moved slightly - it was for semi-symmetrical purposes anywa ;p

Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:27 pm

Alright, I was finally able to test it while my internet was out for twelve days cause of a storm... :roll:

Yeah, that was actually super simple and I should've realized you could do that - that was the whole point of putting that trampoline there!

Anyhow, new version's out. To the six of you who'd downloaded this before (plus the 7th me on accident xd), it shouldn't be much different to solve at all, but I believe it should utilize all of the given elements this time round. If not, please let me know. :)

Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:50 pm

Aaand video solution's uploaded... :lol:

Yeah this one's beyond stupid. Thanks for playing, Amnon. :P

Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:18 pm

I just gave up and looked at the video solution:

I was not even in the right direction. I took another path that seemed promising with some other glitches, but it was always so close and just something didn't quite work. In this video solution, however, there is one glitch that I wasn't even aware of.

Amazing!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:43 am

I have a question: Why did the final yellow sphere stop at the button, allowing the last character to exit, this seems like a new glitch?

Also, What stopped the character who takes the coin from proceeding with the transporter onto the ghost?
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:51 pm

Right... :lol:

So, to elaborate on both of your questions,

1) This is because, upon destroying a sticky cube that has already been "stuck", it still acts like a wall; it just loses its "stickiness", thus allowing you to both push gum blocks past it and stop things on the side of it. Edit: It also creates the really weird laser gate visual glitch... probably because it's being treated as a wall yet the gate still wants to do something. xD

and 2) That's because it's a ghost lol. Unlike the other monsters, which you could "push" the transporter around with because an object (coily, chomper, etc.) is in front of it, objects can be pushed through ghosts (given their nature), allowing you to simply shove the box off the transporter. Incidentally, shoving a box off a transporter does not make the transporter move.

It's actually a similar trick that allows you to push the yellow link sphere that Quookie is inside. It's because Quookie is preventing Loof from actually going onto the transporter and simply shoving the boulder into lava that the boulder moves. It is specifically you pushing this link sphere that destroys the sticky cube that's bounced onto it, which is, as far as I know, the only way to make the sticky cube above it "stuck" while also destroying the other sticky cube - without creating a permanent wall in the process!

So yeah I went way out there with this one... and I don't plan on doing anything so crazy any time soon. :lol:

Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:35 pm

The glitch I was not aware of was that a stinker can push away an object on a raft even while there is another stinker there. I now also understand about the sticky cube which got stuck even while the other sticky cube was still up in the air, before it got destroyed along with the boulder.