Meta Puzzle / Hyper Gltich Experiment - Quad-Trans Destroyer

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Meta Puzzle / Hyper Gltich Experiment - Quad-Trans Destroyer

Post by Jutomi » Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:08 am

Alrighty, so this is a level I created after making Moister Anomaly. (Go there if you want to know a bit more about how this glitch works, along with a brief explanation of the Peegue Phenomenon and the Perfection Paradox, but feel free to experiment!)

I don't know what else to say except this glitch is weird. And there are is no shortage of interactions between them!

I can also say this is only one possible configuration. I have not dared to see what happens if paths are longer, multiple paths of the same direction are crossed (although, non-crossed they don't seem to do anything), etc. So feel free to experiment on your own.

Nonetheless, I strongly advise that anyone playing this be prepared to enter a realm of true wonder / horror. I myself am too afraid to test all possible combinations myself. I highly recommend that, if anyone were to try to make a level out of some combination of these, that they make it as clear as possible what the player is supposed to do; otherwise, it's nothing short of a beyond-preposterous guessing game. :oops:

Have fun, and please feel free to share your findings here. I may test this myself one day... but the number of combinations is truly frightening. (And, again, this is for one configuration, although I think it's probably the most interesting one.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: Meta Puzzle / Hyper Gltich Experiment - Quad-Trans Destroyer

Post by Amnon » Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:07 am

I know that was not the intention, but what I would do with such a level, is to use only one prism on one transporter, save the other 3 prisms and then use them to build new trampolines into the exit area.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Glitched Transporter Guide

Post by Jutomi » Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:53 pm

I approve! :lol:

I don't have an explanation for this one, but I do have this video I crafted up yestermorrow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmxpgRA1JiI
'Tis a guide to glitched transporters! Hope it helps newcomers. (And I don't recommend making levels out of these too often like I have :lol:)

It doesn't go too deep into the Peegue Priority Phenomenon or the Perfection Paradox (really any of the weird stuff going on; also I mixed the two ideas up because they're highly related and full of Ps) but it does go into a lot of detail about how glitched transporters and their constituent parts work. Turns out... there's a lot :shock:

Hope you all enjoy :P
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Meta Puzzle / Hyper Gltich Experiment - Quad-Trans Destroyer

Post by Tech Warrior » Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:49 pm

Interesting demonstrations! I remain curious about how these behaviors are permitted to occur (as in, what parameters within RTW's code allow these glitches to happen). I suppose that's a deep dive for another day.

Also, at the end, that stinker collision shouldn't even be permitted to happen even in worlds that break the laws of nature. What's next? Flash magic in RTW?
Quest for the Five Elements - a 195-level RTW expansion pack
I am also known as Joey_San on Discord.