New level - Mette is back 01

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

New level - Mette is back 01

Post by mette » Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:10 pm

Hi all,

What happens when someone (in this case Nasko :wink:) starts asking questions about WSW? Well... I got dragged back into the game and have now completed WSW again for the first time since it originally came out. And I remembered how much fun level creation is. So I have given it a go :D

I am mighty rusty and have no idea if this is easy, difficult, or somewhere in between. And I don't know if anyone is still playing custom levels for RTW. I hope someone will enjoy playing it - I had fun creating :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
\Mette
doodlebug
Rainbow Master

Re: New level - Mette is back 01

Post by doodlebug » Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:42 pm

Welcome back Mette I have been playing all the old levels for a while and glad to see you back. I wish more of the older players would come back also now that we can get the games on windows 10 finally. That was a lot of fun to work out and not too difficult. Hope you keep making levels.

Thanks Annie
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:09 am

Welcome back, mette! :o
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:56 am

mette wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:10 pm
Hi all,

What happens when someone (in this case Nasko :wink:) starts asking questions about WSW? Well... I got dragged back into the game and have now completed WSW again for the first time since it originally came out. And I remembered how much fun level creation is. So I have given it a go :D

I am mighty rusty and have no idea if this is easy, difficult, or somewhere in between. And I don't know if anyone is still playing custom levels for RTW. I hope someone will enjoy playing it - I had fun creating :D

I wouldnt thought me reaching 2000s forum users for Wonderland Beta content would get them back on the forum, it happens for the second time now haha. Welcome back officially
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:39 am

Welcome back, Mette - you are not rusty at all, this level is nice and very accurate, thanks!
tooncool64
Rainbow Keeper

Post by tooncool64 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:42 am

Welcome back Mette! It's great to see a veteran of Wonderland back at it again :stinkyhappy: :stinkyhappy:
Currently playing WSW.

"Please wait, we are loading the game."
RoberTime
Rainbow Seeker

Post by RoberTime » Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:59 am

Great to see some of the longest-lasting members of the forums return. It goes to show that there is still light in how the old timers do more than drop by on the "old timers" topic! :stinkyhappy:

If I am correct in my historical resources of the "Nutters" page back in the day, I will say this: I really enjoyed your walkthroughs and guides for WA/MOFI. I'm pretty sure we were continuing that legacy with WonderWiki and its walkthroughs, or YouTube in terms of puzzle solutions.

PS: It appeared I posted in the wrong topic. Whups... How the heck did that even happen? :oops:
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:22 am

Thanks for the feedback and for the welcome :D
\Mette
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:26 pm

Hi Mette. :^) :lol:

So I'm not sure if you've noticed by now (though I imagine you have), I've been recording through your whole series of RTW levels (along with Muz's). They're very fun and quite fair - they're a lot more approachable for me than a good few of the other users :P :oops:

This level was no exception! I got tripped up a little, thinking I had to use one of the z-bots on the powder keg, but I always wound up with one short; I figured out why in the end ;)

Very fun level, Mette; a good return to Wonderland, if you will. "Booooo" oh :oops:

Well, it wouldn't be one of my posts without a video solution, so >>> yoink~ <<< Hope I did it right :lol:

Many thanks, 'twas a pleasure. Glad to see Wonderland doesn't just come back to haunt the Wonderland Adventures players :lol:

P.S. Don't be scared I'm just in my Halloween costume :oops: :lol:
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:29 pm

I'm not nearly as active here as I used to be, but welcome back, mette!

It's not too difficult, but also not very easy -- it looks open-ended, but it's not. Almost every step feels initially like you can do it however you want, but then you realize it's not true. Very interesting design with a nice "classical" feel to it, feels like it could be a WSW level... :wink: :lol:
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
ILoveWonderland
Rainbow Master

Post by ILoveWonderland » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:15 am

Wow! It's wonderful to see you back Mette and with a new level too! :D I agree with the others - this level managed to be moderately challenging without being unreasonably difficult, and it was a really enjoyable experience to solve! I did the same thing as Jutomi with me taking some time trying to figure out how there was enough boxes to get the final bonus coin as I had used one of the zbots to destroy the keg, only to realize the clever trick that was really needed to blow the keg up. :lol: Overall, it was a very fun puzzle to solve, and I hope that maybe perhaps you'll make more in the not-too-distant future! :D :lol:
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:26 pm

Thank you :)

Jutomi's solution is very close to what I intended :D

And I have given permission to post solutions of any kind to any of my levels. This goes for everyone. Go nuts, if you feel like it ;)

Nice also to see some familiar names here!

I might just have an idea for a new level...
\Mette