New Level - Spooky Z-Bots

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

New Level - Spooky Z-Bots

Post by majic1 » Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:49 am

Okay, here's another Z-BOT level!! I think I'm DEFINITELY done with these little blue guys for awhile!! Anyway, this one has a "spooky" theme!

Just a note: The bonuses at the end I think are more a matter of chance whether or not you get them (or even want to try!). :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Majicaleetarina
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:21 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Got some of the bonus coins, too scared of ghosts to get them all! :lol:

Another corker majic1.

cheers

M.A.D. :)
ol'gramma
Rainbow Star

Post by ol'gramma » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:56 pm

So many good levels from you, I just got to this one and loved it. :lol:

Hmm, do you eat special veggies to feed your brain and come up with these??? :wink:

Great fun...altho those Kabooms gave me trouble..had to restart a few times.
Thanks Majic.

ol'gramma
Carolyn
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:24 pm

Peanutbutter. :lol:
Majicaleetarina
Carolyn
Rainbow Master

Post by Carolyn » Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:10 pm

Wow!!... I fianlly got this one... for some odd reason the cave rats kept messing me up.... :oops: :oops: ... Once I got them taken care of the Z-bots just before the exit ... got me... All in all.... Good level majic... Motto for the day... 'Never give up'.... :lol: :lol:
carolyn
BINA
Rainbow Seeker

Post by BINA » Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:46 am

I give up!

I must be really stupid, but I can't get past the z-bots and kabooms at the end of this level..!

I have tryed so many times and it always turnes out the same way: I try to trap them and make the kabooms destroy themselves and the z-bots, but it just doesn't work out that way! Stinky ends up in the middle of a big mess of kabooms and z-bots running loose - and gets killed...

I am SO frustrated - can anyone give me a hint?

Bina
ol'gramma
Rainbow Star

Post by ol'gramma » Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:37 pm

BINA,
That combination of Kabooms and Zbots is tricky..and it is a matter of timing and standing in the right place.
Here is how I did it:

SPOILER

Start the set-up as soon as you get to the first box as you walk behind the Kabooms....quickly
One box goes on the top left to block that Isle, the other 2 go on the right side by side. As the Kabooms come around they will explode way over on the left when they walk up that narrow isle. You will be left with one.

Now, on the right side, move the outside box down S past the opening and the top box even with the opening. This is the pattern you want to end up with.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx0x
xxxxxxxxxxx0xxx 0

Run in and move the box that is in with the zbots, left 2 spaces. You want to create a trap. Push the top box up so you can get out, and then back down into place. Now when the Kaboom comes around and into the room, use the top box, shove it in there from the right and it will explode. Now stand still...as the Zbots will all fly out and collect at the top area. If you stand in the path where you pushed your box in, you will be safe. You won't need to go out of the room again, but now you have to bring the other guy in from the bottom.
You may have to do this a couple times to see how it works, but when you get it, you will be so happy! :lol:

ol'gramma
Carolyn
BINA
Rainbow Seeker

Post by BINA » Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:19 pm

ol'gramma carolyn, thank you SO much for your "spoiler" - cant wait to try it!!!

we have a time difference between us, and it is early in the evening in DK, but as soon as i have put my baby daugther in to sleep, I will certantly try this out!

Thanks again!

Bina
BINA
Rainbow Seeker

Post by BINA » Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:38 pm

WOW! I did it!!!!!!!!

And it's so obvius, now that I finally made it to the end! (guess that my mind was completely locked up on my own aproach to this puzzle and I just couldn't let it go..?)

Carolyn, you're the reason why I can sleep tonight!!!! :D

By the way - this is one of those levels, where I would have loved it, if I could have saved the game, before a puzzle, so i wouldn't have to do it ALL OVER again and again and again and............!

Bina
ol'gramma
Rainbow Star

Post by ol'gramma » Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:56 pm

BINA,
I know just how you felt when you did it because I have been thru that too. :lol: :lol:
I agree with your comment on having to start over and over on these very large levels.
Here is what I do in that case...I just call it a 'learning adjustment':

When I get to an area that is just killing me over and over, I take the game into the editor and create a way to get thru that spot. Once I can play those hard spots and know what I have to do, I then put it back the way it was and replay it.

ol'gramma
Carolyn
BINA
Rainbow Seeker

Post by BINA » Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:50 pm

GREAT IDEA - wouldn't have thought about this my self!
Now I will be busy trying this out on some of the levels, that I've had problems with...

Still, it would be nice if the people behind wonderland would take this into consideration in future plans...

Bina