New Test Level - Feedback required

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
BIGZIPZ
Rainbow Master

New Test Level - Feedback required

Post by BIGZIPZ » Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:10 pm

I just had the idea of including the enclosed "feature" in a level somewere but im stumped, normally I like to theme levels and try to recreate something with the pieces, does anyone know any films, stories, ideas etc as to what the image you see on this level could represent? take into account sounds too :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pat
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Pat » Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:24 pm

You have treaded into DiscGolfer's territory - check out some of those threads, you'll find some comments that may be helpful.
Ramonda
Rainbow Seeker

Re: New Test Level - Feedback required

Post by Ramonda » Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:35 pm

BIGZIPZ wrote:I just had the idea of including the enclosed "feature" in a level somewere but im stumped, normally I like to theme levels and try to recreate something with the pieces, does anyone know any films, stories, ideas etc as to what the image you see on this level could represent? take into account sounds too :)
The first Indiana Jones movie is what popped into my mind. The sounds are jungle, war like, yet also have the rythmn of the later Nazi marching. I imagine it was the rolling boulders (remember that big boulder?) and the sound that gave me that first impression.
eeyore31
Rainbow Master

Post by eeyore31 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:08 pm

The first thing I thought of was an assembly line in a factory :)
Yes, I'm a donkey......
and I'm purple.....
and I am Polly, Minnie's little sister.
BIGZIPZ
Rainbow Master

Post by BIGZIPZ » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:12 pm

The first Indiana Jones movie is what popped into my mind. The sounds are jungle, war like, yet also have the rythmn of the later Nazi marching. I imagine it was the rolling boulders (remember that big boulder?) and the sound that gave me that first impression.
Good idea but there was only one boulder in the movie, I am gonna be coveing that movie soon too
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Post by LinkyNStoof » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:39 pm

BIGZIPZ wrote:does anyone know any films, stories, ideas etc as to what the image you see on this level could represent? take into account sounds too :)
...your idea is similar (but better in my opinion) to the contraption they had on RTW 3-5 ("Pendulum"). It reminds me of that desk toy that looks like this when set in motion:

Code: Select all

-------------       ------------
 | | | | \     <=    / | | | |
 | | | |  \    =>   /  | | | |
 o o o o   o       o   o o o o
          <-       ->        
I'm not sure what to make of the sound though, other than what Ramonda said about Indiana Jones.
Bearsland
Rainbow Master

Post by Bearsland » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:53 pm

LinkyNStoof wrote:It reminds me of that desk toy that looks like this when set in motion:

Code: Select all

-------------       ------------
 | | | | \     <=    / | | | |
 | | | |  \    =>   /  | | | |
 o o o o   o       o   o o o o
          <-       ->        
Old Bear's trivia corner:

It's called a Newton's Cradle. A well known experiment which demonstrates the conservation of momentum and energy.
:D :D
Where is everyone thesedays? PM me and say hello.