New Level - The Conveyor Button Mystery

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
malcdelsol
Rainbow Master

New Level - The Conveyor Button Mystery

Post by malcdelsol » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:12 pm

Hi Wonderlanders,

According to my calculations I have created the following number of levels :-

79 for Deluxe and Classics custom levels as Malcdelsol
2 as competition entries
12 for the Secret Worlds game
6 on the old Classic Forum as ZORO (those were the days - with Mr. Invisible - Stinky himself :lol: )

Thats makes 99 in total - so here is my 100th level - The Conveyor Button Mystery.

This is 14x14 in size - small but not necessarily easy :twisted:

Good luck and enjoy you weekend everyone :D :D :D

Malcdelsol 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
(Lord & husband of Lady IDJIT)
the cat
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by the cat » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:22 pm

Congrates on your 100 level. We are glad your back. :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
O"Cathy"X's
Original Member#563

Proud member of FOWL, Ramblers,PITA,CNC,CLUBS
Bearsland
Rainbow Master

Post by Bearsland » Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:37 pm

That's a pretty clever trick, Malc. :shock: :shock:
I had an idea what I had to do, but not how to do it. Then, as soon as I blew up the UFO, I knew. 8)
You sure about the 100??? I have only 70 levels of yours as malcdelsol, not 80. :? :? :? Wanna check the list below and tell me what I'm missing???

Bear 8)

I never knew you had posted as someone else, so I'm off to find Zoro's levels. :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tso tsali
Gold Wonderlander

Post by tso tsali » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:03 pm

Very foxy little Masterpiece; I enjoy very much different idea.
My favourite kind of puzzler, with thinking and planning required.
Thank You.
Tso Tsali
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:39 pm

Congrats to # 100, Malc 8)
Tricky little level :D Took me some time to figure it out
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:11 am

:D :D :D Excellent level Malc! Once the penny dropped it was a snap, I didn't have a clue for the longest time, :shock: I finally
went to K-Mart and bought one, :lol: Congrats on your 100th level. :D :D :D
Keeks
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:10 pm

Congratulations on your 100th level Malc. I didn't know you were Zoro! I thought you were Stinky-Hood. :lol:

Can't do this one, needless to say. Maybe after Lillie has a chance to try it, you might post the solution? :? 8) :D
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:40 pm

I'm still looking at this one Malc, my little brain is a bit frazzled at present but I won't give in yet.

Congrats on your 100th, a whole load of smashing stuff btw.

I knew you were Zoro, super levels as usual. I also know you aren't Stinky Hood because it's not just Patrick and Malc who can have a little secret. :wink: 8) :lol:
Minnie. (Polly's big sis)

Image Thanks to Kymmie.
kaz67
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by kaz67 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:24 pm

CONGRATS on your 100th level Malcdelsol - and everyone a brain busting marvel. I am so intrigued with this one - I'll be as cryptic as I can ...

I've studied it and know what to do and where there are one or two things I need, however, I'm not sure whether to use this or that to achieve it and have been shot so many times trying, I could use a hint so I can concentrate on which one it is. And .. whichever of this or that it is, is it a continuous flow or precision timing ?

There you go .. clear as mud ... :wink: Perhaps I'm on completely the wrong track but at least you know I'm trying ....

Thanks in advance

Kazza :) :)
malcdelsol
Rainbow Master

Post by malcdelsol » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:49 pm

Hi Wonderlanders,

Thanks for all of your kind comments :lol:

Yes - I was Zoro :shock: When RTWD was released I thought that it would be a good idea to create a series of levels for the RTW version of the game (now known as CLASSIC levels) - to keep that side going whilst the new version became more widespread.

I have to admit that I stumbled across the 'Invisible Stinky' purley by chance when giving Zoro (Loof) a sidekick in the first level :roll:

So, Maureen - do I take it that you were Stinky-Hood (I played all of those great levels) - good stuff :D :D :D

As for this level Liz - here is a big hint :-
The 'Mystery' is that the round button is NOT a conveyor button at all - it is a white button with a Mothership under it !!!
You need to get this button functioning to be able to both get the coin on the conveyor, and to get the wooden box into the water so as to exit the level.
Destroy the 2 reflectors to generate lots more.
Set these up to both destroy the UFO (it will shoot itself with just 2) and also to shoot over the 'white' button (from the cannon or the UFO that will come out from the Mothership) - all at the same time.
When the Mothership is destroyed you may have to stand on/off the round button to get it to go white.
Ensure you then place the wooden box in the water BEFORE putting a reflector the button. You can now move the right sided metal box, step on the conveyor TIMER button and get the coin.
Hope this helps,

Kazza - I noticed your post as I was typing this - so in the next few minuits I will post up a screenshot :D

Malcdelsol 8)
Bearsland
Rainbow Master

Post by Bearsland » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:59 pm

malcdelsol wrote:The 'Mystery' is that the round button is NOT a conveyor button at all - it is a white button with a Mothership under it !!!
You need to get this button functioning to be able to both get the coin on the conveyor, and to get the wooden box into the water so as to exit the level.
Destroy the 2 reflectors to generate lots more.
Set these up to both destroy the UFO (it will shoot itself with just 2) and also to shoot over the 'white' button (from the cannon or the UFO that will come out from the Mothership) - all at the same time.
When the Mothership is destroyed you may have to stand on/off the round button to get it to go white.
Ensure you then place the wooden box in the water BEFORE putting a reflector the button. You can now move the right sided metal box, step on the conveyor TIMER button and get the coin.
Sid the Spoiler wrote:I never bothered using the generators, Malc. It can be done with just the two reflectors that are there.
:wink:
malcdelsol
Rainbow Master

Post by malcdelsol » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:10 pm

Hi Liz and Kazza,

There are several ways to set up the reflectors and destroy the Mothership.

I have attached a screenshot of the way I LIKE to do it simply because the baby UFO coming out of the Mothership not only destroys itself but the Mothership as well :twisted: sorry !!!!!

Note where the metal box is put (blue X) - this ensures that the baby UFO coming out right will go down.

Once you have all the reflectors set up simply move Stinky as shown by the red line and wait (quite safely) - it might take 2 or 3 Motherships to appear before you get the BIG bang !!

Malcdelsol 8)
malcdelsol
Rainbow Master

Post by malcdelsol » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:16 pm

Hi OB,

Yes I know that is possible by destroying the original UFO from the side and therebye giving further use of the 2 reflectors.

The method I show above is just SOOOOO satisfying and holds no risks :wink: :twisted: :twisted:

Malcdelsol 8)
kaz67
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by kaz67 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:55 pm

Excellent - thanks for the tip ... just to clear things up I kind of thought it was that and this would have done - I was on the right lines - another few weeks and I'd have cracked it :wink:

The Big Bang was very satisfying :P

Thanks

Kazza :) :)
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:57 pm

Thanks for the spoilers Malc! I had gotten the generators working and had an idea of what to do, but couldn't get it set up without being shot.
malcdelsol wrote:The method I show above is just SOOOOO satisfying and holds no risks :wink: :twisted: :twisted:
I sure wouldn't say your method holds no risks! :evil: However, I did get it to work and was able to exit safely. That was fun, Thanks for THAT fun! :D
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:07 am

Thanks for that Malc - I was getting the UFO to shoot itself with the 2 reflectors and then failing to get the generators started. Bear is very quick. I'm sure I could never have done it without extra reflectors.

An extremely clever level - don't know how you think of these things. 8)
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Bearsland
Rainbow Master

Post by Bearsland » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:14 am

Liz Mayhew wrote:Bear is very quick. I'm sure I could never have done it without extra reflectors.
Nothing really to do with speed, Liz.

I just placed the reflectors as shown. 1st shot shoots the UFO; Stinky pushes reflector as as shown; next shot shoots the Mama. Simple!!!
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:00 am

Brilliant solution Bear! Wish I'd thought of that. :roll: :D
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:22 am

Wow! Thanks to Bear I finished a Malc level!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: 8) :D :D :D
Pauline
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:31 pm

I got as far as destroying the UFO with the reflectors and completely messing up when it came to the generator part. :oops:

Glad to say I did it both ways with the help of you and Bear, that's what I get for reading spoilers Malc. :roll:

As to the question about Stinky Hood, you are partly right Malc because there's actually three of us. I cannot divulge the names of the other two as it's not my place to do so. It doesn't matter now because he'll never appear again, suppose it's a bit like Zoro. :wink: :lol:

Looking forward to your next puzzler. 8)
Minnie. (Polly's big sis)

Image Thanks to Kymmie.
Lillian
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Lillian » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:24 pm

Hi Buddy - finally got around to this stinker - have been saving it for a rainy day and boy are we having one today :evil: Go on, tell me how the sun is shining on the Costa del Malcdelsol 8)

Excellent teaser and puzzle as usual - cool trick with the button/mothership!

Congrats on your 100th level Dude - I would love to say I have completed them all - but alas I haven't :twisted:

Excellent result for the Pomps on Saturday - get it there :P :P :P

Thanks and speak soon x
Lillie
SM
Platinum Wonderlander

Thank you much for this lovely level....

Post by SM » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:18 pm

And especially to you Malcdelsol and all the others who posted helpful solutions and screenshots.

Very, very nice. Thanks once again!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:01 pm

Thanks for the fun!