Challenging Level

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
LeanDemon
Gold Wonderlander

Challenging Level

Post by LeanDemon » Thu Dec 25, 2003 11:50 pm

Have fun....let me know if it's too hard or just right (I don't think it's too easy though).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by LeanDemon on Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
Ramonda
Rainbow Seeker

Re: Challenging Level

Post by Ramonda » Fri Dec 26, 2003 5:31 pm

LeanDemon wrote:Have fun....let me know if it's too hard or just right (I don't think it's too easy though).
It was definitely challenging. Lots of fun playing around with the possible solutions of the original. Eventually though I tweaked it a little bit with the editor so that I could have a bit more ease.

Loved your xmas one :) Cool how you made the message. I finally figured out how to get to the green teleporter for the extra coins. Very good :)
Dianna
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Dianna » Sat Dec 27, 2003 1:34 am

Has anyone figured out a solution to this level?
bpurcell
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by bpurcell » Sat Dec 27, 2003 4:17 am

I was able to solve it, but I couldn't get the last bonus points on the lower right. I just couldn't figure out how to get to that button on the upper left corner fast enough. But since that part is not needed, I was able to do the rest.

Looking at the level with the editor helped me to find something important, and is necessary for getting enough blocks. I also learned it was important to build a bridge on the upper water, not lower. And be careful where you build the first bridge in the lava.
Dianna
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Dianna » Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:36 pm

Thanks to your help, I did finally finish this level. However, I was not able to get the bonus coins, either. I think that Stinky cannot take that many steps after walking across the star before the gate closes. I made a straight path in the level editor with a gate at the 15th step after the star, and the gate closes on Stinky every time.

In this level the gate is 15 steps after the star, so it doesn't seem possible for Stinky to make it. Has anyone succeeded in getting the bonus coins? What about you, LeanDemon? Is there a secret path that I have not discovered, another star hidden in a fake wall or something?

Anyway, fun level! I worked on it a long time and thoroughly enjoyed myself.
LeanDemon
Gold Wonderlander

Post by LeanDemon » Sun Dec 28, 2003 5:39 pm

Oops...sorry guys (and gals), I thought I had this thing completely tested before I uploaded it. Turns out that it was impossible to get all the bonus coins; I forgot to put in one patch of ice (which is the key). I tested it out and was able to complete the level and get all bonus coins. Sorry about any frustration I caused! :?
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Mon Dec 29, 2003 4:20 am

Yes - this IS challenging! A good level. I like figuring things out - hope you make another one soon!
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:07 am

A good level, LeanDemon! Keep them coming! 8)
SharonM
ol'gramma
Rainbow Star

Post by ol'gramma » Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:51 am

Has anyone been able to get thru the green gates to get the bonus coin in the upper left? It is still 1 step short after the 'fix', or was the fix for this part not included? Just curious...... It is a fun Level, so much to do and figure out!

Carolyn
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Post by LinkyNStoof » Sat Jan 17, 2004 3:50 am

ol'gramma wrote:Has anyone been able to get thru the green gates to get the bonus coin in the upper left?
Just the bonus coin, yes, there's enough time.

[But first of all, let's check: is there an ice corner tile to the right of that Scouge inside that green gate area? If not, you probably still have the old version and should redownload the level.]

I have now completed the level getting all the bonus coins. I think this may help you.
Hint/Spoiler:

Don't try to go for both the bonus coin and the blue button at the same run. Find some other way to activate the blue button besides the most obvious way.
Last edited by LinkyNStoof on Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Post by LinkyNStoof » Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:25 am

bpurcell wrote:I also learned it was important to build a bridge on the upper water, not lower. And be careful where you build the first bridge in the lava.
Hmm...looks like I solved it in a more complicated way than necessary. In my solution eventually both the upper and lower waters are bridged, though now that you pointed things out, the upper one was probably unnecessary because [omitted to avoid spoilers]. In compensation I only built a bridge for the lower lava.

Anyway, excellent level LeanDemon! :D Especially to get all the bonus coins. I must've retried things over 20 times trying to figure out how to get enough materials to get it to work (except apparently I made things harder for myself than necessary...).
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:52 am

Oh Boy - after, how long - a month maybe? - I finally figured out how to finish AND get all the bonuses. GOOD level - hope YOU enter the competition - think you'll have a good chance of winning & WE will get another good level!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: Challenging Level

Post by Amnon » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:24 am

Nice, thanks!