New Level(Advanced) The Edge Of Chaos

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

New Level(Advanced) The Edge Of Chaos

Post by kiki » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:12 pm

:D :D :D Using Pamie Poo's awesome "Blueice" Texture. :D :D :D

This one may be a stinker, :twisted:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keeks
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:29 pm

Pam's blue ice looks amazing against the void background! I think I was so entranced by how beautiful this level looked that it affected my ability to play it. It took me so long to figure out. I was pushing, pulling, jumping, dodging, and mostly getting stuck on one side of the chaos or the other. My head was spinning and turning to blue ice. :lol:

When I finally did get to that last little jog, wouldn't you know it! Well, you made the level, you know what happened after I got that last bonus coin. :roll: Back to the beginning. Restart the chaos! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A winner in my book, for sure!
Loirae
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:19 am

:D :D :D I realize this one will be a stinker so here is a hint for the first two parts and more may continue.----

Spoiler--- Here's what I do, Push the boulder left step back right and tramp down and get those coins then tramp to get the bonus coins, tramp up then left, Now push the boulder up and step right onto the breakaway, then push it into the water, Now push the blue up and step down to the right out of the way, Now collect the coin and step up and around and push the blue down. that's the opening and the way I do it and that gets both blues onto the timers.

To get to the other side of the cube, Stand on the edge of the moving blue sphere's path and wait for it to pass, Quickly walk down and get coin on the left and wait for the sphere to go by and get the two remaining coins, To tramp over to the left of the cube the tramp sequence is this U U L .
:D :D :D
Keeks
drushing
Rainbow AllStar

Post by drushing » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:10 am

Yes Kiki, this is a stinker! Your spoiler helped me get started but it took forever to work my way through the rest without getting stranded behind the pink gate! Tricky even with the spoiler but finally got through it!
Lise Werner
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Lise Werner » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:30 am

Hi Kiki

I´m stuck with this one :oops: - I can do the first part, but how do I cover the blue button :?: :?:

I´m pulling my hair out here, so please help :lol: :lol:

Lise
I´m smiling........are you?
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:52 am

I`m stuck too! The first part, I could do, also I could cover the blue button with the cube, but that`s where my trouble starts!!
How do I get back to the pink TP? And also, how to cover the three buttons? Do I push the boulder from pink TP?

More hints needed please :oops:

Absolutely fab level bud! :lol:
Inger
Norway
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:37 pm

The first part wasn't the problem for me - though I didn't do it quite your way. Where your hint finishes, my problems begin. :oops:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:51 pm

I've worked this one out almost completely but covering the blue button still has me stumped. I'm going back to give it another go! May need a hint though :?
bob
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:54 pm

:D :D :D This hint leaves off from the one above--

Spoiler---Once you tramp to the cube room, push it into the path of the blue sphere as it goes by in the upward direction, Quickly push the blue in its path this will stop the blue on the purple button.
Now push the cube to the left and push it onto the tramp (from the right side) above the blue button, After it lands it will be two tiles below the blue sphere on the purple button, Now push it down onto the ice, It will slide back at you so as soon as you push it step to the left.
as it comes to a stop you are now able to push it right to cover the blue button.
Now you can walk into the pink TP and get that coin then step down.
Do not push the top box into the water until its time to exit. walk over and enter the aqua TP. Now push the grey boulder to the left, This will cover the other buttons, after pushing the boulder Step into the right side aqua TP and now you can push the right box into the water and the top box into the water by the gate hall, Be quick or the teal gate will close on you and you'll have to start over.
Keeks
Lise Werner
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Lise Werner » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:28 pm

Thank you Kiki - you have saved my day....and my hair :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lise
I´m smiling........are you?
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:52 pm

YAAAAAAAAAAY! Thanks for the spoiler Keeks! I realize now that my big mistake was trying to cover all 3 buttons, when I didn't need to!

The light just never came on, oh well, happens.

This was quite a ride, thanks!
bob
TASHA
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TASHA » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:42 pm

Managed to figure out the first part on my own, but I, too, was trying to cover all three buttons...DAH :!: :!: Thanks for your last spoiler -- finally made it home on the run :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Thanks for another very intricate puzzler. :stinkywink: :stinkywink:
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:15 am

:D :D :D Congrats to all who have completed this level, It is one of the hardest I have done in a long while, Thanks for sticking with it. :D :D :D
Keeks
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:26 am

At last I've completed this one Keeks - thanks for all your help - I'd never have got there without it! :stinkyred:

This was an A1 stinker presented in a beautiful texture. A real workout in every way. Thanks Keeks. 8)
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
wonderlandlover
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by wonderlandlover » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:24 pm

Kiki, Kiki, Kiki!!! This was a stinker! I had about 9 levels in your folder that needed to be done, and this is the first one I tackled. :shock:

I honestly did not look at your spoilers, but did look to see how they compared to my solution. I did the beginning exactly as you said, but the second part was a little different, I think. It took me forever and a year to figure out how to get the timer switches going, then it took forever and ten years to get to other side of the cube. Then the fun really began! I could not for the life of me figure out how to get all three buttons covered, then I realized I didn't need the purple button to exit. That was a duh moment for me, then I made my way out.

Excellent puzzle, and I'm sorry I haven't gotten to your levels, yet. I did 6 of them today, and just as I figured, it was pretty much an all day affair.

Thanks for the challenge! :D
Lisa
Will I ever be able to play again?
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:13 am

:D :D :D Thanks for all your comments folks, This one was a definite stinker and I'm proud of all you that have completed it. Good Job. :D :D :D
Keeks
kaz67
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by kaz67 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:10 pm

Cor blimey !!

How, pray tell, am I supposed to catch up on breaking prisms when I'm stuck on the Edge of Chaos ?? :shock:

You said it was a stinker .. let me tell yer, it's an even bigger stinker when you're doing it wrong the first 30 or 40 times :o :o :x

I made heaps of progress .. even figured out getting t'other side of the cube - all on my own .. in desperation, I pop in for a clue on the blue button .. yep, right, got that ... go back in, I keeps doing the blue button - didn't get bouldered once .. nice one ... came back - read it again .. block that there on that button then push that there for the other button .. yep, right, got that ... mmmmm :shock: :? :?

So I read it a few more times ... ditto ditto ... now stop grinning - you know what I'm doing ... great clumps of hair are cluttering my keyboard by now ... the red button is driving me to leap out of the window :shock:
So .. I read the darn spoiler AGAIN !! :x :x

And then I realise ... I'm going wrong in the first few moves .. read it wrong didn't I ? :oops: :oops: :oops:

And ... masochist that I am .. I'm gonna go back in now and see if I can improve my time .. now I know I can do it :P :P

Sadly, I know the minute it takes you to read this is hardly vengeance for the 3 or 4 HOURS I've spent on this level but it was definitely worth the effort. One of your finest and stinkiest yet :P :P

I thank you

(Now Over the Edge of Khaos) Kazza :) :)
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:04 am

:D :D :D Way to stick with it Kaz. I see your flight made it and you were successful. Excellent :D :D :D
Keeks
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:53 pm

A stinker indeed - took me a few days to solve.
FluffyTinkapoo
Bronze Wonderlander

Re: New Level(Advanced) The Edge Of Chaos

Post by FluffyTinkapoo » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:41 pm

Another masterful puzzle - beautiful to look at and a lot of action packed into a small space.

I was doing everything right (no spoilers!) except in one particular area where I just ***had*** to push a boulder that didn't need pushing. My bad. :oops:

10/10 wonderful fun level!