New Level -- Out Of Whack

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

New Level -- Out Of Whack

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:52 pm

Something in Stinky's laboratory went out of whack and he needs your help.
Guess I've got a block for difficult levels, so once again, this one is quite easy.
Have fun!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Re: New Level -- Out Of Whack

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:51 pm

Muzozavr wrote:Guess I've got a block for difficult levels, so once again, this one is quite easy.
Have fun!
Your having a laugh Muz! This ain't easy at all! Working on it. :shock:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:17 pm

Liz Mayhew wrote:Your having a laugh Muz! This ain't easy at all! Working on it. :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Actually I even wanted to name this one "The Grand Laugh" because I though that you will have a grand laugh on how easy this one is... :roll:
Once again:
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by dlcs18 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:21 pm

I even wanted to name this one "The Grand Laugh"
Well nothing was stopping you doing that
was there :?: :?: :?:
dlcs18
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:36 pm

dlcs18, I thought that Out Of Whack describes the layout of the level a bit better. But I never thought that the difficulty wouldn't be suitable for a grand laugh... :lol:
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by dlcs18 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:39 pm

OK :? :? :D :D :D
dlcs18
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:51 pm

Quite easy :?: :?: :?:
Very tricky I would say :wink:
Took me a long time to handle the chompers to my advantage. Great fun and an excellent challenge, thanks :D
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:14 am

ChomperS?
First I don't see how to use the chomper behind the conveyor, and the chomper surrounded by three coins to your advantage. If you did it somehow... gotta revise the level. The usage of one of the other chompers can be SO easily avoided, I won't even revise the level.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:10 am

I can use the first chomper to my advantage. I can get all the coins except one (you know which one). I don't see how to use the other chompers at all. I can only think to use the two boulders and I can't do that without getting chomped! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:33 am

I still don't know which coin causes you trouble.
If it's a coin in the bottom right corner, then it's all a matter of moving very fast. Really.
If it's a coin behind the box, you are on the right track, just don't release the chomper too early. :wink:
The top chomper could be used in theory, but I couldn't find a way to lure him where you may want to use him. :? But if you don't need to do that... :lol:
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:25 am

Hi Muz

At first it was the coin behind the box. Then I realised how to do that, and actually managed it. 8)

Now it's the coin in the bottom right corner. I previously disposed of the chomper with a boulder. That's not possible with the new solution, so I am trying to be really, really, really fast. But that's the bit of your levels that always gets me. Being an old lady, I'm just not that fast any more. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:47 am

Liz:
The catch is about how you move. If you do it without a little trick in moving, you will fail, no matter how quick you are.
Step down as if you were ready to ride the conveyor. The chomper, of course, follows us. Now, move up, and immediately head back down and ride on the conveyor. The trick is to fool the slow chomper to go up while you already ride the conveyor! The chomper will slightly go in your tile, but that's OK, remember how you needed such a condition in my level "The Ancient Cave". Now you can quickly go around the chomper and get out.
Alternatively, you can use the unplanned way which Lutz discovered. At first I wanted to fix it, but now I will not fix it, since it's just as neat as fooling the chomper. The alternative way is to use the chomper from the blue gate on the conveyor button, and do the boulders. Then you can (dodging him a little) use a box to kill the problematic chomper.
Hope this helps.
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:34 pm

You absolute STINKER Muzzy :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: My nerves have been tested to their limits with this level :twisted:

Very clever level - great timing and nerves of steel required! I got the first room quite quickly, but the other rooms had me going crazy baby :lol: :lol: :lol: At least you could do the bottom right room second, that way every time one got chomped, it wasn't so soul destroying to have to start again! Finally got that part done and moved on up to get the rest completed!

Very clever - but very stinky - thanks :mrgreen:
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 am

:D :D :D I'll give this one a double wow wee, Very diabolical, Danger around every turn, Looked impossible at first glance I'm glad I finally can move on. Great level thanks. :D :D :D
Keeks
drushing
Rainbow AllStar

Post by drushing » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:54 am

Finally figured out how to get all the coins in this one! Definitely a brain strain for me! Thanks for another great challenge!
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Fri May 09, 2008 6:43 pm

Youcholdrio youchai!!!! First I thought it was impossible to be so quick to avoid the bottom right chomper so I tried the woodbox way. But that wasn't that easy so I read the spoiler and then I did it on the tricky quick way. After that I tried again the woodbox way and it worked: All the chompers are dead, and I,ve got the coins!

Great level, Thanks :D I bet Amnon will love this one 8) :lol:
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun May 11, 2008 12:47 pm

You are right, Marinus, I love this one.

Fortunately the main trick is something I encountered before. The beginning is fabulous.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:08 pm

I agree; this truly was a fabulous one. :) Many thanks!

My video solution~
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.