New Kids Levels- 1-10

Post or download easier levels specifically designed for younger players.
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

New Kids Levels- 1-10

Post by janetgalle » Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:58 pm

Hi all,

I don't know if this will work or not....I made a zip file with 10 levels for kids. Numbers 1 to 10. Easy and fun for young ones.

Enjoy,

jg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carolyn
Rainbow Master

Post by Carolyn » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:46 pm

I got these un zipped just fine.... nice little levels, janet... I liked all the nunbers and the way u made them... :D :D
carolyn
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:20 pm

Well done Janet,

The little kids will adore these. :lol:

What patience you have! :D

M.A.D. :lol:
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:14 am

Very nicely done jg! :D This will certainly be entertaing as well as educational for smaller children. Wish I had had this when mine were very small! :)
SharonM
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:17 am

littlejg and I made these for his little brother (littledg), he is three...he can do most of them, but loses interest fast in the longer ones.
M.A.D. wrote:
What patience you have!
I have always adored being around young children, just learning to walk and talk, then becoming real little personalities......I was a (I guess we were called) Teachers Aid when my youngest (KG-CAGEY) started in the Handicapped Special Needs Program when he was 3...21 years ago.
You learn (earn?) patience working with those special little ones.

And then when littlejg was born so prematurely he was admitted to alot of Special programs that I helped out with. Obviously they helped him tremendously, as he is a very gifted child. (Nana talking!)

Enough for now.
Have a great day!

jg
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:55 pm

janetgalle wrote:
I was a (I guess we were called) Teachers Aid when my youngest (KG-CAGEY) started in the Handicapped Special Needs Program when he was 3...21 years ago.
You learn (earn?) patience working with those special little ones.
Yes you do! I admire you for that. :) I was a substitute teacher, mostly mainstream elementary school, you learn a lot of patience working with a roomful of small children too, :lol: , especially a roomful of kindergarteners. :shock: :lol: Have to eat a chocolate bar to get the energy to keep up! :lol: I didn't get to work with the special needs children often, they had their own set of substitutes that they were used to, but it was rewarding when I did. I like small children too. I even like the older ones I worked with! :)

And yes you have a right to be proud of your grandchildren. Littlejg seems to be a very talented youngster and I'm sure Littledg is too! :)

BTW Does Littledg mean Little DiscGolfer? :shock:
SharonM
BINA
Rainbow Seeker

Post by BINA » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:44 pm

Hi Janet - looking foreward to trying your levels, but my computer is not able to unzip the file right now :cry: I've called my regular "computer-doctor" and he promised to come by and fix it tomorrow night :D :D :D

I have a two-year old and I'm looking foreward to introduce her to all the kids levels when she's ready.... I'm thinking it will take at least a year or two - IF she's as gifted as your grandchildren :shock: :D But at least until then, the computer is ALL MINE (My husband is beginning to refer to it as my lover :lol: - perhabs I should bake him a sugarpie?)

Bina :D

PS: I'm sorry, but I have difficulties following the talks about childrens with special needs (all mine has, is a very poor eyesight)- I think the letters you wright in capitals are short for something, but I don't know what - just thought I'd let you know, that I appriciate your level-making.........
Last edited by BINA on Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:57 pm

Thank you for sharing that with us Janet.

I know what hard work it is, my cousin had a boy and a girl, both autistic.

She devoted her life to them until they were in their twenties.

Her husband couldn't cope, he left when they were just toddlers.

As you know, I don't have children but, I admire and respect people like yourself.
You just seem to take it in your stride and get on with it!

I'm sure that you are filled with pride with little jg, he is so bright.

I hope that this doesn't sound smarmy but, I wish you, Old Bear and everyone else who has children with special needs, all the very best that life can offer.

Maureen. :)
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:14 pm

SharonM wrote:BTW Does Littledg mean Little DiscGolfer? :shock:
EEEEEEEEEKKKK :!: What a thought!

Its confusing to call everyone all this strange "nicknames" isn't it?

Here is a list (for anyone who cares to know)
  • My husband: Doug Galle............bigdg or bigdog
    My older son: Joel Galle...............bigjg (used to be littlejg till he got bigger than me and had his own jg)
    My younger son: Kevin Galle.......KG or Cagey
    Myself: Janet Galle..............jg
    Grandson 1: Jordan Galle......littlejg
    Grandson 2: Dylan Galle.....littledg or little DevilGuy
    Daughter in Law: Melanie Galle.....Magicmel (we have magic too)
jg
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:28 pm

BINA wrote: looking foreward to trying your levels, but my computer is not able to unzip the file right now :cry: I've called my regular "computer-doctor" and he promised to come by and fix it tomorrow night :D :D :D
I recently had to update to WinZip 9.0. (So I could open BigZips zip file)
Maybe thats the problem?
Maureen wrote
As you know, I don't have children but, I admire and respect people like yourself.
You just seem to take it in your stride and get on with it!
Not much else you can do.....you love them and take pleasure in all that they can accomplish.
I hope that this doesn't sound smarmy but, I wish you, Old Bear and everyone else who has children with special needs, all the very best that life can offer.
Thank you....Not a bit smarmy.....we do have the very best life can offer!

jg
Bearsland
Rainbow Master

Post by Bearsland » Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:25 am

Davimad wrote:I hope that this doesn't sound smarmy but, I wish you, Old Bear and everyone else who has children with special needs, all the very best that life can offer.

As you know, I don't have children but, I admire and respect people like yourself. You just seem to take it in your stride and get on with it!
Not smarmy at all Maureen. Your comments are very kind.

Thanks. :D

~OB
Where is everyone thesedays? PM me and say hello.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:03 am

janetgalle wrote: I recently had to update to WinZip 9.0. (So I could open BigZips zip file)
Maybe thats the problem?
I couldn't open Bigzipz file either. Should I update to WinZip 9.0? I don't know what version I've got at the moment. Do I find it on the Microsoft website? :?: :roll:
Pauline
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:22 pm

WinZip you have to buy, but you can use the evaluation version (trial version) free for 30 days.

http://winzip.com/

jg
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:42 pm

Hi popo,

I have never had to buy Winzip.

I subscribe to a monthly magazine, PC Format. They always have lots of freebies, including Winzip, Direct X, games etc.

I buy the mag mainly for the information, but the extras come in handy. :wink:

cheers

Maureen.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:03 pm

It's ok. I've unzipped it now. My computer must have been playing up when I tried before - didn't need WinZip after all. :roll: Thanks for the help though it's much appreciated :D
Pauline