Please Help a dummy like myself

Custom 3d models, houses, etc. for Return To Wonderland.
jane
Rainbow Keeper

Please Help a dummy like myself

Post by jane » Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:02 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Could someone please explain to us "computer dummies" (that's me), in simple terms, how exactly you are suppose to download custom homes, etc. I have read the forum and just don't understand. Thanks to anyone that can help. :P :P
bpurcell
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by bpurcell » Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:46 pm

First, identify whether you are downloading a house, or some other object. Houses go in separate folder than everything else.

Now, I am using Windows XP, so if you have something different, it probably will be a little different.

When you see a file you want to download, click on the download button on the right. You should see a Window with the buttons "Open", "Save", and "Cancel". Some people like to save beforehand, but I prefer to go ahead and click open (I know I don't need the Zip file after opening it). Depending on the speed of your computer the zip file should open automatically (Win XP has a zip extractor built in).

You should see a new window with either a list of files or folder (LNS does a really good job of having the files already in a folder). There should be a button on the upper left the says "Extract All Files". Click on it. Another new window will appear. Click on "Next" down below and you will see a window asking where you want to extract the files. Click on "Browse", then My Computer (or another name if you've chaged it to something like "Smith's Family Computer"). Click on the C: Drive (assuming that's where you installed your Return to Wonderland Game). Click on the Return To Wonderland Deluxe folder. If you are downloading a house, click on CustomHouses folder. If you are downloading anything but a house click on CustomModels folder (if you don't have that folder, you need to make a new folder with that name [remember no spaces]).

Now if you saw just a folder when you opened the zip folder at the beginning, then you can click Next and then Finish and your done. If the zip files just had files and no folder, then you'll have to make a new folder inside either the house or model folder. The name of the new folder should be the name of the zip file you downloaded (without the "zip" at the end of course). Once you've made the new folder, click on that folder, click Next and then Finish.

That should be it, assuming you're using XP.
jane
Rainbow Keeper

Post by jane » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:02 pm

:D First of all, thank you for the help. I was trying to download all the custom homes and all the other models so that when I playing the games, they will work as intended. I am working on Windows 2000, I downloaded the files as you instructed, and I see the pictures in the appropiate files, but they aren't in the games like I am assuming they should be, but I am sure that I am doing something else wrong. :oops: :oops:
Ramonda
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Ramonda » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:29 pm

jane wrote::D First of all, thank you for the help. I was trying to download all the custom homes and all the other models so that when I playing the games, they will work as intended. I am working on Windows 2000, I downloaded the files as you instructed, and I see the pictures in the appropiate files, but they aren't in the games like I am assuming they should be, but I am sure that I am doing something else wrong. :oops: :oops:
Make sure they are in the file intended. Sometimes I have put a model in cutomhouses etc.

Make sure your folder says CustomHouses and CustomModels with no space in between the two words.

Make sure that when you unzip, there is only one folder inside the zip. Some programs have a folder within a folder. All you need to do is do a cut and paste to eliminate the folder.

To make it the easiest for you, I suggest you work with one specific game for now. Follow the instructions with that game and see if that works for you. If it doesn't, list that game and we can walk through that one specifically. Once you get one, you will probably find the others that easy.
jane
Rainbow Keeper

Post by jane » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:35 pm

:D Ok let me give it a try. I do see that there are several items with one file. Let me work at it. Thanks again