Seam Checker and Tile Size Checker, by me

Custom 3d models, houses, etc. for Return To Wonderland.
Blast!10
Rainbow Star

Seam Checker and Tile Size Checker, by me

Post by Blast!10 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:12 pm

I'm quite sure you don't like opening up the game to test a texture and finding out it looks bad. Well, this program views texture files in a tiled view, just to prevent you from having to open the game over and over again. This program was originally intended for checking seams in textures (hence the name) but eventually I realized that it can be used for spotting any kind of tiling mistake.

Unzip the file -- best choice is into your CustomTextures directory -- then open it up and select the folder of the desired texture. Use the dropdown box at the top of the screen to select a tile. If the tile exists, it will appear in the big box below the dropdown box.

I plan on making a tile size checker next (so you won't have 65x64 etc. JPGs in your texture directory). That could be even more useful than a seam checker for some members here. Wish me luck! :wink: EDIT: Nevermind, I'm already done. See next post. ;)

EDIT: Fixed unfinished sentence in post. I have no idea what made me forget to finish the sentence... :o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Blast!10 on Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blast!10
Rainbow Star

Post by Blast!10 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:02 pm

D-P

As mentioned in the above post, I was gonna make a tile size checker for custom textures. Well, here it is. 8)

Unzip the file -- again, best choice is into your CustomTextures directory -- then open it up and open the folder of the desired texture. OPEN THE FOLDER IN THE PROGRAM (by double-clicking), just selecting it won't work. When you're ready, click Check Sizes and the program will tell you what you need to fix. 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:38 am

Thanks Blast for these two programs. I think they will prove extremely useful to anyone making textures, and also to check all the sizes are correct for anyone downloading them to play. There's nothing more annoying than opening the game to get the error message that one (or more) of the jpgs is the wrong size. I presume it will work for the jpgs in the model folders too?

Thanks again. :D
Pauline
Blast!10
Rainbow Star

Post by Blast!10 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:16 am

popo wrote:I presume it will work for the jpgs in the model folders too?
I do plan on updating it to work with backgrounds, houses, and custom model textures.
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:10 pm

deleted