Help! Why don't...

Custom 3d models, houses, etc. for Return To Wonderland.
MizQuizz

Help! Why don't...

Post by MizQuizz » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:40 pm

the custom textures that I download and unzip in my Custom Textures directory show up when I'm playing the levels that I downloaded them for?

Am I missing something or doing something wrong? I have Wonderland Platinum and any help on this mystery would be greatly appreciated! :)
gameboy991
Rainbow Master

Post by gameboy991 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:48 pm

Hey, Miz.

You know, I have the same problem. I don't know why, but it just won't work... :? Have you tried upgrading your game to version 3.1?
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:12 pm

Have you unzipped the textures and put them in the custom textures folder?
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:00 am

I think you might have got double folder syndrome. If you're downloading to your CustomTextures folder and unzipping them there, then Windows always makes another folder to put them in. As the textures are already in a folder you end up with two of them. Have a look at the folders in question and see if there's a folder in a folder. If so take the second folder (with the texures in) out of the first folder and place it directly in the CustomTextures folder. What you should have is one folder named 'texturename' and inside that the textures themselves.

The way to avoid it in future is to unzip the folders as you are downloading them by choosing 'open' instead of 'save' in the download box. Then when it's opened it, choosing 'extract all files', then browsing to your CustomTextures folder and extracting to there. This way it doesn't make another folder and you will get just the one folder with the textures in, and everything should work properly.

Hope you can follow that. :D
Pauline
MizQuizz

Thanks to all...

Post by MizQuizz » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:29 am

who responded to my plea for help. Popo you are absolutely correct about the "Double folder syndrome" and I've gone through and deleted all of the duplicates. I will take your advice and "open" rather than save custom textures in the future. Hopefully this will solve the problem. If not I'll try something else!

This little problem does not stop me from downloading and playing a multitude of wonderfully creative, strangely addictive, and brain bending crazy levels that some of you evil geniuses create!

Thanks again!

Miz Q
kyleisaguy
Gold Wonderlander

I need a rock tunnel.

Post by kyleisaguy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:55 pm

I need a rock tunnel.Nobody saw my post for three days.Those peices of crap are way to friken lazy.That is friken crap.Billy Bob they don't do any friken thing cause they are crap,that is it,I will friken kill myself by gods crap.
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:08 pm

Kyle, please see this response regarding your posting language: http://www.pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=225146