need help rtwd w8 l1

Questions and solutions to Wonderland, Return to Wonderland, and Secret Worlds.
hydrocy
Bronze Wonderlander

need help rtwd w8 l1

Post by hydrocy » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:29 am

i'm exhausted. need hints on rtwd w8 l1. the rainbow tortures me. my eyes hurt and I have nothing. thanks!
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Re: need help rtwd w8 l1

Post by LinkyNStoof » Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:26 am

hydrocy wrote:i'm exhausted. need hints on rtwd w8 l1. the rainbow tortures me. my eyes hurt and I have nothing. thanks!
Just want to know you're not alone. I didn't even bother to make a good effort to solve the level, it just looked too big, too bright, and too confusing for me to feel like working out the level. I guess eventually one day I'll make a real effort to solve it...eventually...

P.S. oh sorry you want hints...as I've said I can only offer commiseration at this point... :oops: :wink:
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:07 am

Well, my eyes hurts too. I made this level only because Malc pm me the solution. :oops: :oops: It`s actually fair easy when it comes to it,... when you know what to do, that is... 8)

Inger
:lol: :lol:
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:56 am

Yes Malc helped me too. 8)

Your eyes do get use to it eventually, when you know where everything is. :wink:

**SPOILER COMING UP**

The only hidden things really are teleporters. You will have fallen down one pretty quickly. They aren't there to trip you up, you need to use them to move boxes. I suggest you have a walk round first to see if you can find them all. Once you know where they are the level is pretty straight forward. You need to get all the gates open so that you can step on the button to let the rainbow spirits out to get the coins for you.

**END OF SPOILER**

If you need a more detailed hint let me know. :D
Pauline
bpurcell
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by bpurcell » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:24 pm

OK, I've figured out all but one of the buttons.

The light blue button (with blocks on both sides) is giving me fits. I think you need to transport one side of blocks over to the other side using the transporters, but I can't seem to figure out how.

Any clues?
malcdelsol
Rainbow Master

Post by malcdelsol » Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:47 am

Hi bpurcell,

You are correct in your thinking.

*********** SPOILER ***********

As soon as you get to the 'Exit' part of the level (via conveyor/teleporter) - go right - there is another teleporter that will take you to the right side of the blue button.

Below the exit, in a similar position, is yet another teleporter that will take you to the left side of the blue button.

Move the boxes from left side to right side to build the bridge.

Hope this helps :lol: :lol:

Malcdelsol 8)
(Lord & husband of Lady IDJIT)
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:02 am

Thanks Malc,

I would never be able to get through this level on my own.

Maybe in the days of the hippies, that's long gone now! :roll:

3D glasses may be required here! :wink:

M.A.D. :lol:
bpurcell
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by bpurcell » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:57 pm

Malc,

I was able to figure that much out, but how do you get them in the upper transporter so they are useful on the right side?
bpurcell
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by bpurcell » Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:12 pm

Sorry,

I was able to answer my own question. The last level is much easier than I thought it would be (way easier than the last level on the classic version). I still really enjoyed it, though. Now on to the custom levels!
malcdelsol
Rainbow Master

Post by malcdelsol » Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:15 pm

Hi bpurcell,

Push -em' :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, go down the top transporter to the right side of blue button and start to build the bridge to get these boxes out of the way.

Then go down to the left side via the lower transporter - push a box back down the transporter and follow. Then push it left, up past the gates, right and down the top transporter that then gets the box to the right side of the blue button.

Hope this helps,

Malcdelsol 8)
(Lord & husband of Lady IDJIT)
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Post by LinkyNStoof » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:34 pm

popo wrote:Your eyes do get use to it eventually, when you know where everything is. :wink:
I finally got around to completing this level today! Woohoo! 8)

Popo you're right, it's really not so bad once you figured out where everything is. It was quite intimidating when I first play this, since the level looks so huge and you can't seem to tell where anything is. Actually, I still don't know where the secret clue is hidden (or is it on some other level?)

Overall I have a real blast with the DRTW levels, I do wish though they provide a more interesting ending for our efforts...in comparison the ending back in Wonderland 1 was far more impressive.
Kaboom!
Rainbow Star

Post by Kaboom! » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:46 am

Davimad wrote:3D glasses may be required here! :wink:
Anti_rainbow glassed would be a good idea too! :shock:
Milchi
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by Milchi » Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:30 am

How do you keep the yellow button pushed?

Any box on it is naturally destroyed because one has to cross the path of the UFO when taking the conveyors (any hidden steel boxes?)

Oh, how I hate those levels that show the way but don't let you go it!
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:16 pm

**SPOILER**

If you leave a box or barrel in the UFOs path before you postition the one on the button then it will be safe as long as you don't walk in front of the UFO before you go on the conveyor. :wink:

PS You will need to build your bridge off centre.
Pauline
Milchi
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by Milchi » Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:10 am

Strange: I might have done something wrong, but any obstacle does not stop the shooting, so the necessary box on the yellow button is destroyed anyway and the level cannot be finished.

To be precise: How short the period may be I finally spent on the elevator below the yellow button, there is always more than one shot from the UFO and only one shot neutralized by the obstacle -- So I see no way to save the needed box.

At least I solved it in my mind ... sigh! :?: :?: :cry:
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:51 pm

It is possible, keep trying. Remember once you place the boxes/barrels in front of the UFO not to step infront of it again. When you go down the conveyor the UFO only fires one shot and hits the first box. When you get into the room with the blue button be careful you don't walk in line with the UFO or it will destroy the box on the yellow button.

If I can do it, anyone can. :wink:
Pauline
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Dang barrels

Post by rescuefire » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:03 am

Ok so I totally get putting a barrel in the way and then sliding one on the button so that only one shot takes out the first barrel when entering the teleporter. BUT I run out of barrels. In other words if I skip getting a few of the rainbow coins I can get it to work perfectly. Well duh, gotta have them little buggers.

I tried placing a barrel in the first spot, then in the second spot. Tried arranging and rearranging and I'm still short one barrel if I leave myself enough to get through the teleporter and keep the button pushed.

It's probably obvious but my brain has been rainbowed!!!

Help please
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

GOT IT!

Post by rescuefire » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:47 am

Ok after a few more hours of trying to figure out those barrels I finally got it! My son looked at it once and said "I can see it, keep trying". He's a wiz at this game......

Now onto those great user created worlds....I can't wait!
ridge99
Bronze Wonderlander

Look at this...

Post by ridge99 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:47 am

Just in case anyone wants to see what is behind the rainbow open
this level up in the editor. :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ridge99
duncan
Rainbow Seeker

Post by duncan » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:21 pm

popo wrote:Yes Malc helped me too. 8)

Your eyes do get use to it eventually, when you know where everything is. :wink:

The only hidden things really are teleporters. You will have fallen down one pretty quickly. They aren't there to trip you up, you need to use them to move boxes. I suggest you have a walk round first to see if you can find them all. Once you know where they are the level is pretty straight forward. You need to get all the gates open so that you can step on the button to let the rainbow spirits out to get the coins for you. duncan changed my post!
Don't judge a person by his look,but his heart
Anytime, Anyplace, Adventure Always Awaits!
Last edited by Loof on 1/1/19999999999999999 BC; edited 98998 in total.
duncan
Rainbow Seeker

Post by duncan » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:25 pm

popo wrote:**SPOILER**

If you leave a box or barrel in the UFOs path before you postition the one on the button then it will be safe as long as you don't walk in front of the UFO before you go on the conveyor. :wink:

PS You will need to build your bridge off centre.
STOP DOING THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
duncan
Rainbow Seeker

Post by duncan » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:27 pm

malcdelsol wrote:Hi bpurcell,

You are correct in your thinking.

*********** SPOILER ***********

As soon as you get to the 'Exit' part of the level (via conveyor/teleporter) - go right - there is another teleporter that will take you to the right side of the blue button.

Below the exit, in a similar position, is yet another teleporter that will take you to the left side of the blue button.

Move the boxes from left side to right side to build the bridge.

Hope this helps :lol: :lol:

Malcdelsol 8)
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:08 am

1. This topic was made ages ago.
2. The today's spoiler technology wasn't popular back then.
3. You don't make sense.
Last edited by Muzozavr on Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:28 am

Duncan, you're being completely ridiculous, moaning about a thread 4 years old. If you read threads even older than this one, you will find that they did "*****SPOILER*****" spoiler alerts waaay in the past, but now it has all changed. You can't change the past, so what's the point to this? :?: :?: :?:

PLEASE don't take this too hard. :lol: :wink:
Skype wrote:[7:23:42 AM] Darx: Click here to give me an internet!
[7:23:57 AM] 'a'a: *clicks here*