Can anyone do 'Pong' in Return to Wonderland?

Questions and solutions to Wonderland, Return to Wonderland, and Secret Worlds.
tessa123123
Rainbow Wonderlander

Can anyone do 'Pong' in Return to Wonderland?

Post by tessa123123 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:40 am

Can't get past the cannon fire - any clues please?
tessa123123
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by tessa123123 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:42 am

it is in the classic levels - level 3 in Return to Wonderland
Bearsland
Rainbow Master

Re: Can anyone do 'Pong' in Return to Wonderland?

Post by Bearsland » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:37 pm

tessa123123 wrote:Can't get past the cannon fire - any clues please?
Use the boulder and 2 metal boxes to destroy the wooden boxes.

Save enough wooden boxes to build bridges to the bonus coins. Easiest way is to destroy a couple of alternate lines of boxes, leaving one line free to be moved.

Make sure all the pink buttons are free of boxes.

Grab bonus coins.

Walk home.

Piece of cake.

Bear 8)
Where is everyone thesedays? PM me and say hello.
tessa123123
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by tessa123123 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:51 pm

Hi,
Got that far, but to walk home, you have to get past 2 cannons firing as you walk round.
I keep getting killed.
tessa123123
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by tessa123123 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:53 pm

Think I have got it - just need to time the waiting inbetween the 2 shots and then I can make it.
tessa123123
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by tessa123123 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:58 pm

Ahh - the penny has ddropped about having to collect all the boxes off the buttons!
Bearsland
Rainbow Master

Post by Bearsland » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:10 pm

tessa123123 wrote:Ahh - the penny has ddropped about having to collect all the boxes off the buttons!
Well done. :lol:

I'm happy to have helped.

Bear 8)
Where is everyone thesedays? PM me and say hello.
wonderland01
Rainbow Master

Can anyone do 'Pong in Return to Wonderland?

Post by wonderland01 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:31 pm

YOu need to roll the boulder and destroy the wood boxs. However you need to postiton the steel box to stop the boulder. Repeat untill all wood boxs are destroyed. This will block the cannonfire. The walk to the goal.
SM
Platinum Wonderlander

Excellently done, Midnight Synergy!

Post by SM » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:46 pm

Thank you very much for the tip/s. Very gracious of you to take time to post. Helped me complete this level.

Also, thanks so much to Midnight Synergy .. Bought this game a very long time ago and played and played and played and still play and do not seem to ever get tired of it, or bored with it!

What excellence in making the levels. I shake my head in wonder at the brilliance! Very excellently done, Midnight Synergy.
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:15 pm

Maybe this isn't my buisseness(however you spell that), but you just woke up a topic that is five years old. :?
To Shorty, who was immortalized in an adventure.
To Marinus, who was my community older brother.
To Janet, who I will remember every time I wear a toque.

May these lost Wonderlanders find true adventure beyond us.
Discord: LittleZbot#3936
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:34 pm

LittleZbot wrote:Maybe this isn't my buisseness(however you spell that), ....
Indeed, it isn't. If someone wants to thank someone else, that's OK, even if it's 100 years later.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:24 pm

You don't actually need to close those gates. Just get the bonuses the shortest way you can and then time your movements right to pass the cannons unharmed. Saves a hefty amount of time if you're playing for speed.

If you do NOT get the bonus coins, you can beat the level in 15 seconds. :shock: :lol:

I agree, though. Closing the gates makes it a lot easier. I never close them, though -- the level is just too easy if you do close them. Playing for speed keeps it a challenge.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:40 pm

Muzo, I don't remember that I have played this level, but you make me a bit curious by telling this. So maybe I'll try it one of these days.
BTW, what's in your signature, some kind of riddle or so?

SM (Actually I like SM but I find it a little bit strange to use it as a username. 8) Please don't feel insulted by this, I'm a bit in a funny mood) I really hope you're not discouraged to post on this forum while someone told you you were waking up an old topic. When you really have to say something, please say it, even after years. (rather then someone who has nothing to say and says it within minutes)
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:48 pm

I'm sorry if I caused trouble or something. I... just... I don't know. I just felt like mentioning that.
To Shorty, who was immortalized in an adventure.
To Marinus, who was my community older brother.
To Janet, who I will remember every time I wear a toque.

May these lost Wonderlanders find true adventure beyond us.
Discord: LittleZbot#3936
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:56 pm

Thanks for saying that Little Zbot
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:16 am

Marinus wrote:Muzo, I don't remember that I have played this level, but you make me a bit curious by telling this. So maybe I'll try it one of these days.
Try it. It's not actually very hard, you just have to figure out the rhythm.
Marinus wrote:BTW, what's in your signature, some kind of riddle or so?
Well, kinda... it's a coded message. It's Higurashi-related and Higurashi (the anime) deserves a bit of mystery, so I crafted a coded message for it. Nothing behind it, though. Just a small message. And yes, I'm totally Higurashi-obsessed to the point of wanting the original visual novels.
Marinus wrote:I really hope you're not discouraged to post on this forum while someone told you you were waking up an old topic. When you really have to say something, please say it, even after years. (rather then someone who has nothing to say and says it within minutes)
Agree wholeheartedly.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:40 am

I don't recognize the word "Higurashi", but I think I will look it up. Thanks. :D
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:11 am

Marinus wrote:I don't recognize the word "Higurashi", but I think I will look it up. Thanks. :D
Me, TheoX and Qloof234 have a "Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni" thread in off-topic. It's really freaking scary. The plot is totally awesome, but you don't get THAT until the second season, where they explain what happened in the first and the whole thing suddenly becomes that much more epic.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:27 pm

Muzozavr wrote:If you do NOT get the bonus coins, you can beat the level in 15 seconds. :shock: :lol:
You're probably right. It took me 2 or 3 seconds more, which is good enough for me. :)

But if I'm right, if someone plays it that fast way, (with the timer on) without having a gold star before, he/she cannot get the gold star anymore. But I had played it before, and very probably with closing the gate.

It took me a while before I found the level for I didn't know in which world it was. Just in case:

RTWC W8 L3 Pong
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:11 pm

Actually, there are enough bonus coins to make your score bigger, so you can still get a gold star. Just don't be too slow.

(For those who are wondering: there's a nasty oversight in the game. If you beat a level without bonus coins but do it fast enough so that getting the bonus coins does NOT improve your score... you cannot get the "perfect" gold star on that level anymore. Can happen on Mark's "Hallucination" (I think it was that level) where you can exit the level immediately if you don't get the bonus coins)