About to go nuts!!!!...magic of the rainbow level

Questions and solutions to Wonderland, Return to Wonderland, and Secret Worlds.
cotahami

About to go nuts!!!!...magic of the rainbow level

Post by cotahami » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:30 pm

need some help please on the magic of the rainbow. I cannot even get past getting the 1st 2 keys, have tried to follow the solutions but i get the top key & then it says to get loof to move the reflector left but how on earth do you do that with the UFO firing all the time??..lol.. i have tried to get the other key first but then i get stuck with the reflector in the way of the metal box. Please, please, please help, this is driving me nuts....lol. thanx in advance
malcdelsol
Rainbow Master

Post by malcdelsol » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:52 am

Hi cotahami,

OK - as I was the culprit who created this level then it is only fitting that I give you some help :lol:

You are trying to push the reflector all the way left in 1 go - it has to be done in 2 stages such that the UFO stops firing :wink:

Firstly, move Stinky left and Up.
Use Loof to push the reflector left and move Loof down 1 square.

You should now be as per the attached screen shot.

Now in 1 movement before the UFO fire gets anyone you have to move Stinky down 1 and left 1 (as shown in black), switch to Loof, push the reflector left to above the wooden box and quickly return to safety (as shown in white).

Once the wooden box is destroyed Stinky can now push the reflector right, push the metal box down into the water and return up to stop the UFO fire.

Loof now pushes the reflector to below Stinky and again returns to safety.

Stinky pushes the reflector into the water to complete the bridge over.

The other side of the level is exactly the same (in reverse) using Qookie and Peegue.

Hope this helps,

Malcdelsol 8)
(Lord & husband of Lady IDJIT)
cotahami

Thank you Thank you Thank you

Post by cotahami » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:08 pm

So easy when you know how..lol..
Have a great day
Maii
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by Maii » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:02 am

Well I guess I must be really really bad... cause first i'm going nuts and second i don't understand any of your solutions!!!!! Please help me!!! :oops:
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:34 am

:D Hi Maii, and welcome to the forum.

There's also an official solution for this on Midnight's website: http://www.midnightsynergy.com/secretwo ... /w11l1.htm

If you need more help, just ask. :D
Maii
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by Maii » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:52 am

Hello Marinus,
shame on me then... cause i've read the midnight solution about 10 times... but i still don't understand...
or maybe my english is just tooooo baddd!! :? :oops:
Could you help me please?! :cry:
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:36 am

:D I'll try to do so, but I'm not quite sure if I can explain it more clear then the other walkthrough's. Since you didn't tell at what point you have problems I guess it's the beginning.

- First Stinky walks to the left side, collect the coin 2 tiles above the woodbox, and he stays there.

- Loof pushes the reflector to the place right-below (or South East) from Stinky, and get out of the way before the UFO fire comes. (As shown in Image 1)

- Then quickly Stinky gets the other coin (left-above the woodbox) and Loof pushes the reflector directly above the box, and and get out of the way before the UFO fire comes. The UFO will shoot the box. (As shown in Image 2)

- Now Stinky goes 1 place to the right and pushes the steelbox down in the water. Then go back all the way up. (image 3)

- Loof pushes the reflector below Stinky and Stinky pushes it in the water to make a bridge (image 4)

- Stinky collects the bonuscoins and then the key-coin, which takes him though a hidden TP (teleporter). Stand on the blue button and let Loof also go through that TP.

- Now you can repeat this all for Qookie and Peegue but then as in a mirror-image.

I hope this helps for now. If something is not quite clear, please tell me at exactly what point you have a problem.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Maii
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by Maii » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:04 am

Thanks alot Marinus!
i've finally understood the trick!!! :oops: