Hello!

The place to introduce yourselves, meet other players, etc.

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

slimm tom
Rainbow Wonderlander

Hello!

Post by slimm tom » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:39 pm

Hello everybody! I have joined the forum a few weeks ago, because the
wonderland games are really cool! Thanks to Patrick and Midnight Synergy
for the great games! (I can't wait for Wonderland Adventures :D :D)

Wonderland Freak, i am. :D
amy25
Rainbow Star

Post by amy25 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:24 pm

Wonderland Freak, i am.

Welcome to the club! Look forward to seeing you jump in and join us when you can!
If you want to be somebody, if you want to go somewhere, you have to wake up and pay attention.
drushing
Rainbow AllStar

Post by drushing » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:33 am

Welcome! Nice to meet you, hope you hang around and enjoy the fun!
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:19 am

WELCOME Slimm Tom - hope to hear more from you now that you are addicted :D
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
Mahaloof
Rainbow Master

Post by Mahaloof » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:45 pm

Hi slimm tom, and welcome! Another Nederlandse can't-stop-playing-freak.
Sad to hear you're addicted too, like so many of us here.

Well, there's good news for you too: Recently I've found and registered with the Dutch branch of Wonderlanders Anonymous, to get rid of my RtW addiction, return to a social life and, who knows, win some of my friends back.
Had a first meeting last night. They were very nice, but still, it was hard to stand up there and say: "My name is Mahaloof, and I'm a Wonderland addict." I expected pitying stares, but instead was welcomed with a group greeting: "Hi Mahaloof!!"
We talked about our obsession, about the forum and certain people here. To my surprise the therapist let slip that Lillie and Liz M. are wellknown regulars in British WA circles. It was actually a relieve to experience I'm not the only victim of Patrick's clever ways of taking over the world.....

Anyway, if you want the address, let me know...
:)
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:22 pm

:D :D :D Welcome to the forum slimm tom, Good to have you aboard. :D :D :D
Keeks
amy25
Rainbow Star

Post by amy25 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:49 pm

Maha, I think most of us are addicts! No use going to a group session for me! Too addicted to quit! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you want to be somebody, if you want to go somewhere, you have to wake up and pay attention.
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Hello

Post by jcvalcar2 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:00 pm

Welcome Slimm Tom!!!

This is a wonderful place to be. :D :D
Cathy
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:08 pm

Mahaloof wrote:To my surprise the therapist let slip that Lillie and Liz M. are well known regulars in British WA circles.
Sorry Mahaloof - I have only just seen this funny post - you are hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, you have sussed Lizzie and I out :shock: We attend regularly every Sunday evening. We have to - our husbands make us go so they can get to use the PC in the house! Other names you might recognise who also attend the meetings are:

Popo (or Poops) as some of us call her (she has problems down below don't you know :wink: ) Totally addicted!

Kazzie (otherwise known as Kaz67 - because she makes about 67 levels a week :wink: ) A complete total nuthead addict!

I understand that Duiveltje (otherwise known as the Devil Woman of Amsterdam) is interested in meeting up with you to attend one of your meetings! She is very nice really, when she takes her horns off :twisted:

Enjoy your next session :wink:
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
Duiveltje
Rainbow Master

Post by Duiveltje » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:34 pm

First My dear Lillie Billie I started the Dutch branch of Wonderlanders Anonymous in june 2004. They give up on me so I don't have to go anymore. :cry: :cry:
Second, My horns are only out when I meet you. :twisted: :twisted:

Third, Welcome my dear friends from the Netherland. In don't live in Amsterdam but in the neighbourhood of Utrecht. And let we kick some english (Lillie, Liz and Kaz) a** :D :D :D
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:50 pm

Welcome Slimm Tom, I imagine after reading all this garbly gook you've figured out we're a fun & nutty group. (hope we don't frighten you away :wink: )

Mahaloof, you are the the "Head Nutter" of all Nutters. I've tried those 12 step programs... I've found, once an addict always an addict, I've just changed the "object" of my addition. :wink: :D :D
Mahaloof
Rainbow Master

Post by Mahaloof » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:01 pm

Yeah, I've heard of those 12 step programs:
First, you get to wear a sort of bandage on your arm which makes you dislike teleporters. Two weeks later they give you special chewing gum which tastes like green buttons, but with more Yuk!
Next is 8 days of videos showing little dogs getting flattened by boulders, Ugh! And so on, that's their strategy.
I'm not crazy about it....

Changing the 'object' of the addiction ís a good idea. I already tried it this last week: First I thought it might be neat to collect license plates. Nobody does that, right?! Then I found out why: got a gentle warning from the police ánd they made me throw away my screwdriver.

But: since thursday I'm a Train Spotter Spotter. Ain't it cool? I go over to the train tracks and see if I can find train spotters. Then I write down the name, Social Security number and favourite train. I've got 27 already!
I'll call the folks from Guiness Records on monday to see how many I need to get in the Book.

If any of you are thinking of doing the same (how about it, slimm tom?), be careful: some of these train spotters are a bit balmy....
:shock: