popping back in again after some years!

The place to introduce yourselves, meet other players, etc.

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Teb020
Platinum Wonderlander

popping back in again after some years!

Post by Teb020 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:00 am

hello, everyone! it's been a good while, i think 4 or so years now? it's time for my check-up again, haha! great to see the place still here, i saw a screenshot in a discord server of a phpBB forum related to another nostalgic game from my childhood (u.b. funkeys) and instantly knew i had to come check this place out again. hope you all are doing well, and if any of you by any chance remember me, great to see you again! :D
See-ya next toim!
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Re: popping back in again after some years!

Post by Jutomi » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:51 am

About two months late, but welcome back to the forum. :mrgreen:

I'm sure you've noticed it's a bit quiet these days. :blush:
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:46 pm

Teb020 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:00 am
hello, everyone! it's been a good while, i think 4 or so years now? it's time for my check-up again, haha! great to see the place still here, i saw a screenshot in a discord server of a phpBB forum related to another nostalgic game from my childhood (u.b. funkeys) and instantly knew i had to come check this place out again. hope you all are doing well, and if any of you by any chance remember me, great to see you again! :D
Wow, welcome back.
What's Funkeys about?
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:25 pm

I don't fully remember, but I believe U.B.Funkeys was an MMO. What I do remember is: 1. It had a promotion at Wendy's where they gave away CD-Rom demo discs in kids meals. 2. It's one of the first games in the Toys To Life genre, having come before Skylanders was a thing.
Rainbowmon of the Care-Monic Spirits
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:07 am

rainbowmon wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:25 pm
I don't fully remember, but I believe U.B.Funkeys was an MMO. What I do remember is: 1. It had a promotion at Wendy's where they gave away CD-Rom demo discs in kids meals. 2. It's one of the first games in the Toys To Life genre, having come before Skylanders was a thing.
Ah I see. I wonder if it's still around anymore. Do you mind DMing me the discord link (if Teb doesn't see this)? Perhaps I'll check it out one day.
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:26 am

I don't have Discord, unfortunately, so I don't know what server he was referring to - sorry.

And to my knowledge: No, U.B. Funkeys isn't still around; it was shut down around 2010, apparently, so it was only online for about 3 years. Well, unless fans of it managed to do with it what was done with ToonTown and Club Penguin and made their own version of it, but if there is such a fan version, I'm unaware of it. It would certainly be neat to see, though, especially if they managed to remove the need for the toys. I used to have the full version of the game, alongside some of the toys and the USB statue figure thing you had to put the toys in, but they're all long gone now.
Rainbowmon of the Care-Monic Spirits
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:32 pm

rainbowmon wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:26 am
I don't have Discord, unfortunately, so I don't know what server he was referring to - sorry.

And to my knowledge: No, U.B. Funkeys isn't still around; it was shut down around 2010, apparently, so it was only online for about 3 years. Well, unless fans of it managed to do with it what was done with ToonTown and Club Penguin and made their own version of it, but if there is such a fan version, I'm unaware of it. It would certainly be neat to see, though, especially if they managed to remove the need for the toys. I used to have the full version of the game, alongside some of the toys and the USB statue figure thing you had to put the toys in, but they're all long gone now.
I see, thank you.