Introductions!

The place to introduce yourselves, meet other players, etc.

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

loof101
Rainbow Master

Post by loof101 » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:22 am

Kaboom! wrote:
loof101 wrote:If kabbom! won't he won't. The rest of u are EVIL :evil: :twisted: :evil:
hey hey!!! Nobody here is evil! :roll: I just don't like to introduce myself, that's all; nobody forced me to do anything here :? !

Besides, this thread is awfully old; more than 1 month.

I remember that this was a Thread cemetery: Posting in threads that are over a month old (dead thread), forces that thread to the top (reviving a dead thread), and most of the time that thread is dead because the topic has been discussed fully, a question was answered, or people just got bored with it. Please don't repeat this: it's not very polite :roll:

* i'd wish threads here were organized per date, old ones at the bottom (that way it would prevent this to happen again! :wink:

It's a J-O-K-E!

loof 101
Kaboom!
Rainbow Star

Post by Kaboom! » Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:00 am

loof101 wrote:
Kaboom! wrote:
loof101 wrote:If kabbom! won't he won't. The rest of u are EVIL :evil: :twisted: :evil:
hey hey!!! Nobody here is evil! :roll: I just don't like to introduce myself, that's all; nobody forced me to do anything here :? !

Besides, this thread is awfully old; more than 1 month.

I remember that this was a Thread cemetery: Posting in threads that are over a month old (dead thread), forces that thread to the top (reviving a dead thread), and most of the time that thread is dead because the topic has been discussed fully, a question was answered, or people just got bored with it. Please don't repeat this: it's not very polite :roll:

* i'd wish threads here were organized per date, old ones at the bottom (that way it would prevent this to happen again! :wink:

It's a J-O-K-E!

loof 101

Good joke!... NOT! :wink:
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:18 pm

If you had put some smileys, we might have realised it was a joke!

Let's move on now, it IS done.

M.A.D. :lol:
lizwiz
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by lizwiz » Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:56 am

Hi there everybody! I'm Liz. I'm a grandmother and proud of it. Ben (grandson don't you know) is a bit young to be playing as yet but he really enjoys watching me play. I'm not sure he's got the right idea however because he laughs like crazy when Stinky or Loof get killed.

I'm new to Wonderland - I only got my copy this month and finished it in a week. On to the return. Enough challenges to keep me going for a while then I'll be heading for the level editor.

I have had one problem with Return to Wonderland - I expect it's been reported loads of times but I'd need a week to troll through all the subjects posted in the year so please forgive me if I'm stating the obvious. When either Stinky or Loof go through the exit and you fail to rescue the other one, or a ghost tries to go through afterwards, it crashes the computer. I'm using XP home system. Is there an easy fix on this one?

Liz the Wiz
Liz (the Wiz)
No trees were killed in the making of this message...however, a large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:10 pm

Hi lizwiz,

Welcome to Wonderland.

If you haven't already downloaded any patches you can get one from here. It worked for me, I haven't had a crash since I installed it.

http://www.midnightsynergy.com/returnto ... dlgame.zip

Unzip it into the RTWD directory and replace the wdlgame.exe folder with this one. It's a good idea to save the old one under a different name first so that you can go back to it if this doesn't work for you. :D
Pauline
lizwiz
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by lizwiz » Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:49 pm

popo wrote:Hi lizwiz,

Welcome to Wonderland.

If you haven't already downloaded any patches you can get one from here. It worked for me, I haven't had a crash since I installed it.

http://www.midnightsynergy.com/returnto ... dlgame.zip

Unzip it into the RTWD directory and replace the wdlgame.exe folder with this one. It's a good idea to save the old one under a different name first so that you can go back to it if this doesn't work for you. :D
Thanks Pauline that's great I've already downloaded and it's working fine. I shall pass this info onto my son who was having the same problem. He's the one who got me hooked in the first place.

Lizwiz
Liz (the Wiz)
No trees were killed in the making of this message...however, a large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced
rmelin13
Rainbow Star

Post by rmelin13 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:42 pm

I'm so ashamed... :oops: I've never introduced myself on this thread. I never knew it was here until today. My name is Roger, I've posted a few levels in RTWD and hope some of you have enjoyed them.

I currently live in upstate New York, was born and raised outside of Boston Mass., I've lived also in Omaha and Minnesota at one time or another. I'm in my 50's (depending on when you're reading this, I'm probably either 53 or 54) :shock: , and I've honestly found RTW to be one of the most enjoyable games ever. A pleasant combination of cuteness (I STILL like Peegue on RTWD 'cause of his hat) and playing enjoyment and logic and strategy.

I was first introduced to the game by my significant other, Janet, who thought Stinky and Loof were cute, and invited me to try it. I've been hooked ever since.

I hope to introduce lots more of my own levels in the near future. Finding the time to work on them and still enjoy all the custom levels all you creative folks have been submitting may present a challenge! After all, I'm still a working stiff. :)

Keep up the great work, all of you!
--- Roger
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:16 am

I take it from your comment above that it must be your birthday - either that or you've forgotten when you were born :lol: - so *** HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROGER*** :D
Pauline
Flyboy

greetings

Post by Flyboy » Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:55 pm

Hey...I'm new to this Wonderland stuff, and I need help with the "Pong" level....any hints?
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:32 pm

Welcome to Wonderland Flyboy. :)

Could you tell us the world and level number, I can't recall the name.

There's always someone to lend a helping hand here.

Davimad. :lol:
Deanville
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by Deanville » Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:50 pm

Hi,

I'm Deanville, a longtime Nintendo LOLO addict who found RTWD by chance on the web. I've worked through all the default levels and am on my happy way with many new ones from the forum. Thanks to all those who have contributed!

I've posted my first level for RTWD, "Juggling Dynamite", I hope you enjoy it. I don't expect to be very prolific with new levels but I do hope to come up with a few unique ones.

Deanville
Kaboom!
Rainbow Star

Post by Kaboom! » Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:21 pm

Welcome. We hope you have lots of fun here. :)
Quincy

Post by Quincy » Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:06 pm

Hi, I'm Quincy. I tried the demo one day when I had nothing to do and well, out came the credit card...

I love puzzle games, the rough part for me is strategy puzzles on a timer - I usually participate in on-line reality games which have puzzles - some of them killers - as part of challenges. So, needless to say, trying to beat a clock and solve a puzzle is a true challenge and I am thus getting so addicted.

This is a great passtime, which is running into my real time aka...housework and chores...eeeck hummmm :wink:

Look forward to getting to know you guys,

Q
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:29 pm

Welcome, Quincy - to the best addiction in the world!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Majicaleetarina
DiscGolfer
Rainbow Wizard

I'm back

Post by DiscGolfer » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:13 pm

discgolfer has returned!!! :twisted:
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Re: I'm back

Post by Davimad » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:23 pm

DiscGolfer wrote:discgolfer has returned!!! :twisted:
Well, well, well DG, just in time for the Christmas party. :wink:

Nice to see you back with us, hope all is well.

M.A.D. :lol:
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:03 pm

Welcome home! :wink:

jg
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:35 pm

HOORAY! Discgolfer is back!!!!
Majicaleetarina
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:40 pm

It must be about time I introduce myself :oops:

My name is Mette (female) and I'm 28 years old. I live with my husband in a small town called Middelfart in the country Denmark in northern Europe. I have no children, but my husband has two (ages 4 and 6), who visits us every other weekend. :roll: :wink:

My interest are Wonderland, mathematics, allmost anything written by Stephen King, fiction in general, baking, sports, computers and a lot of other things.

I'm currently unemployed (which is bad :cry: ) but that leaves me with a lot of time for my number one addiction: WONDERLAND :lol: :lol: :lol:
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:03 pm

Hello Mette,

I'm a Stephen King fan too, I've read almost all of his books.

I'm really sorry but I had to laugh when I read where you live. :oops: Fart is a rude word over here, it means making noises with your bottom! :shock: :lol: :lol: I know it means nothing of the sort over there though. :wink:
Pauline
Lillian
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Lillian » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:46 pm

Oh Popo - that is sooooo funny - I laughed the minute I read it but didn't dare post anything :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome Mette :lol:

Lillian
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:52 pm

I know what fart means in english :lol: And yet I couldn't resist writing it :wink: :lol: :lol:

In danish it means "speed" or "journey". Middel means "medium" or "in the middle of" or "average". I think the name originated meaning "in the middle of the journey" since the town is in the center of Denmark.

Mette
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:46 pm

Hi mette,
It seems you have a wide range of interests, glad to see Wonderland is among them. And even happier that we get to enjoy your "addiction" too.
Welcome to Wonderland.
jg
zeus
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by zeus » Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:52 pm

Hi everyone, I figured it's time I introduce myself as well. I'm Marilyn (age 43) from Northern Alberta, Canada and I am seriously hooked on Wonderland! My hubby wonders about me sometimes, and our girls (6 and 8) love to watch me play (even when I should be working). I will get the nerve up to make a level and post it, all you folks have just awesome imaginations!
ann3120
Rainbow Star

Post by ann3120 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:34 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Isn't the English language lovely?? Mette lives in Middelfart, Denmark. Try explaining the Enlish county of "Middlesex" to some-one !!

When I was growing up in Surrey, we had some French exchange students at school and (no comments please as this will really age me) one of the popular songs at that time was "Hot-Diggity, Dog-Diggity, Boom ( :( :( not Kaboom :( :( ) What You Do To Me". and they all wanted to know what it meant. I don't think we ever managed to convince them it didn't mean anything at all.
Mrs. Annie Purple Hat
rmelin13
Rainbow Star

Post by rmelin13 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:16 pm

A big Wonderland welcome to Mette and Zeus.

I hope you contribute frequently, whether it's ideas, opinions, or custom levels, we're all here to have a good time and talk Wonderland.

And, once again, welcome.
-- Roger
Lillian
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Lillian » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:28 pm

Hey Anne, I was born in Greenford, Middlesex and now live in Surrey - small wonderland world :lol:

Lillian
ann3120
Rainbow Star

Post by ann3120 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:14 am

Hello Lillian - I used to live in Purley and went to school in Caterham, many, many years ago. Where do you live? I've been in the US for 40 years now, but still visit home on a regular basis - to West Sussex & Hampshire.

Thank you for writing. You're right, Wonderland is a wonderful world.
Mrs. Annie Purple Hat
Lillian
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Lillian » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:08 am

We live in Wallington - just down the road from Purley!!! Before that in Pimlico, Westminster.

How's JR? Guess y'all live on a ranch now :lol: :lol: :lol: Bet you miss good old fish and chips and Coronation Sreet!

Lillian
Quincy

Post by Quincy » Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:44 pm

I got a chuckle out of the 'fartword' myself, funny how a simple word can hit the funny sensor...we have plenty of funny ones here in the US as well...

Middlesex, NC
Intercourse, PA
Blue Balls, PA

I'm sure there are more of these obvious ones that is not coming to my mind at the moment.

It always strikes me how towns come up with their names...I gotta wonder about what was going on in the mind of those PA people when they founded their towns ;-)