Greetings

The place to introduce yourselves, meet other players, etc.

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Mahaloof
Rainbow Master

Greetings

Post by Mahaloof » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:12 pm

Hello everyone and greetings from Amsterdam.

Joining the community today...
Here's how it happened: a little while ago I stumbled on demo versions of Wonderland and WSW. Not only was I thrilled and hooked, but I noticed a sense of child-like wonder and excitement that I had not felt since playing the early Super Mario games, many, many years ago. I've played a load of games since then and enjoyed them tremendously (my grown-up daughter laughs at me when I play Roller Coaster Tycoon 3), but this familiar and ages-old gut feeling hasn't been there all this time. Until Wonderland.....

Thanks Patrick, for so much fun. You did really well.
Mark
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Mark » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:55 pm

Welcome aboard Mahaloof!
You've just found yourself a home away from home.
The people here are very friendly and the game never grows old. :D

I 'recamember' that Stan Laurel comment in your signature.
I'm a big fan of those two too! :D
Last edited by Mark on Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mark
Mahaloof
Rainbow Master

Post by Mahaloof » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:42 pm

LOL!!

"Way Out West" is, of course, one of the best L&H movies.

Thanks Mark, you made my day.
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:55 pm

WELCOME Mahaloof :D

I hope you stick around and have some laughs with us :D We are a very friendly bunch of people on this Forum!

When I first saw this:

Ollie: "We shouldn't be arguing all the time."
Stan: "Sure, life isn't short enough."

I got a bit of a shock - my husband's name is Stan and one of my boys is called Ollie (Oliver) :lol: :lol: :lol: I had never even thought about that much before now :shock: :D

Nice to meet you :P
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
drushing
Rainbow AllStar

Post by drushing » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:15 pm

Welcome to the forum Mahaloof! Nice to meet you and hope to see you hanging around the forum!
Mahaloof
Rainbow Master

Post by Mahaloof » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:19 pm

Hi Lillie,

nice to meet you too. I already downloaded a few custom levels. I now have a folder called "ol' Gramma' and one called 'Lillie'.

Do I understand correctly that the Stan-Ollie connection never rang a bell ?
How is that possible? :shock:
Unless you are one of the few people on earth who have never heard of Laurel & Hardy. In Holland we have two such people, one living in Utrecht and the other out in the country somewhere. Both come from very strict orthodox families (now extinct over here) where they weren't allowed to watch movies, let alone tv.

Anyway.... It's always a shock to discover some people just don't know. Oh well (here we go then) : Ahem! "Laurel & Hardy were a very popular comedy duo in the 1920's and '30's. Both already had experience in movie making before finally coming together as a team. In 1927....... "

:D
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:25 pm

I have heard of Laurel & Hardy - I used to watch the films a lot with my dad as a little girl :D It just never occurred to me before that both of those names where in my family :D
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:25 am

:D :D :D Welcome to the forum Mahaloof, Its always good to see new members in the forum. The more nutters in this place the more merry it is. :D :D :D
Keeks
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:24 am

Mahaloof, seems like you've already settled in quite well 8) :D
Welcome to Wonderland :D :D :D :D
Mahaloof
Rainbow Master

Post by Mahaloof » Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:09 am

Wow!
Thanks everyone.....

..and Laura, that's the nicest Avatar I've seen sofar.

Ahem, Lillie: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (*speechless*)
lwijsbroek
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by lwijsbroek » Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:16 am

welkom Mahaloof

welkom in een grote speelzieke familie, als je Mettte's website neemt kun je alle levels in1 keer downloaden, let wel, dan heb je geen tijd meer voor andere zaken

zeer veel speel plezier
groeten en welkom

Lydia
Mahaloof
Rainbow Master

Post by Mahaloof » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:01 am

Nog een Hollander?! Wauw!

Hoi Lydia, ik zie dat je al een tijd Wonderland fan bent. En al die time heb je me er niets over verteld. :)

Ik ben heel benieuwd naar Custom Levels, to see what andere mensen ervan bakken. Ik heb myself nog niet gestort op de Level Editor, but will try it binnenkort. Ik zal niet too much Nederlands writen, otherwise the folks won't know waar wij talking about. Gisteren I tried Mette's website, but I couldn't get there. Misschien I did something wrong. But now it's fine en ik downloading all Textures, Houses etc. It will be nice to see new models and colours. Also, I'm nog niet familiar yet with the new Platinum features like the trampolines. Looks great!

Also, Patrick, I was thinking it might be nice if Qookie can walk around with a little inflatable snackbar. With all this frantic action the Z-Bots must be extremely hungry, and so in this way they will be diverted. Imagine solving the level at ease while the Bots are chomp chomping away on Z-burgers. How does that sound? :D
amy25
Rainbow Star

Post by amy25 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:30 am

Looks like you've made yourself at home! I hope you enjoy spending time here with looney people! All of us are! Welcome to Wonderland and hope to see more of you!
If you want to be somebody, if you want to go somewhere, you have to wake up and pay attention.
Mahaloof
Rainbow Master

Post by Mahaloof » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:38 pm

Thanks for the welcome, Amy.

Ermm, there's just one thing. Your words about 'the looney people' seems to imply that you include me among them. Well, I'll have you know (and all members, by the way) that I myself am completely normal, thanks very much! If Wonderland is a game for looney people, well then, my normalcy is proven by the fact that until now I haven't managed to solve a single level. Not one! But tomorrow I'll take a look at the Classic, DeLuxe and Custom levels, see if I can succeed there.

(Actually, my doctor told me recently that I might be too normal. He told me to look in the mirror and asked me what I saw. I said: "Nothing special."
"See," he exclaimed, "that's not good. People who are too normal don't live very long. It's the boredom, you see. Maybe you should try something like... a weird hobby. How about Penguin Spotting? Or: try the Psych Bank. They have some Compulsive Behaviour on discount this week."
I told him neither appealed to me and I'd try a computer game instead).

And now that we're on the subject of bicycles anyway............. no, wait............................. well, see you around, Amy.

:shock:
twohappylane
Rainbow Wizard

Post by twohappylane » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:28 pm

Welcome Mahaloof!

This is a great game and the forum is wonderful!!

I download all of the levels though I don't get a lot of time to play!!! This way I have them when I DO have time.
Susan
amy25
Rainbow Star

Post by amy25 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:56 pm

LOL. You'll get there eventually if you hang around enough! Glad to have you on board!
If you want to be somebody, if you want to go somewhere, you have to wake up and pay attention.
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Greetings

Post by jcvalcar2 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:47 am

Welcome to the Forum Mahaloof!!

I hope you enjoy yourself as much as I have. You won't find a better place to be. :D :D
Cathy