MOFI - The Ascent

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
The_Merlin
Gold Wonderlander

MOFI - The Ascent

Post by The_Merlin » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:36 pm

I had trouble getting the purple gate open, but I'm past this now too.
Stand on the tub and wait till the chomper runs over the button then run to the pink button and you're away from the chompers. It took me a while to get this.
The_Merlin
Gold Wonderlander

Post by The_Merlin » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:44 pm

But I'm stuck now in the chomper area. I'm so scared for those chompers !!!
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:54 pm

Remove the three one step barrels. Blink to the transporters to lure the chomps to the island. When their all there, you make sure they don't have access to the transporters again.
The_Merlin
Gold Wonderlander

Post by The_Merlin » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:48 pm

That is beyond the white gates!

I'm just standing before the red gates. I need those white keys. But I don't know what to do next. When I move up north the chomper on the left moves on the red button and the red gates open. And then I'm dead.
So which moves do I need to take to survive?
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:19 pm

Use your blink to raise the orange gate, before you pass it. Then blink to change it's color. Now you can lure the chomp to open yellow gate, and you can get the white keyes. You can trap the chomp behind the vines
The_Merlin
Gold Wonderlander

Post by The_Merlin » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:03 pm

I popped up on the yellow button.
I know what I need to do next
But I can't manage it. The chomper is faster than me.
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:15 pm

No he's not, take your time to study when the vines go up or down...
The_Merlin
Gold Wonderlander

Post by The_Merlin » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:30 pm

I'm lucky suddenly the chomper is behind the vines and I'm in front of the vines. Just being lucky I guess.

thanks for the advice so far!

But now I could use more help on the next part too. The chomper is faster. But how can I safely get passed it?

I've passed it!

Now those chompers behind the red gates! I can get them all on the island. But 3 chompers still can return to the gate. I tried pushing the red button at the orange gate. But then the chompers get me.

Found it myself!
Lure 3 chompers on the island by popping a transporter, pop them all three after each other. then I moved up north till the chompers were on top of the island. I repeated this 3 times untill all chompers were on the island. Then my pop-ups were gone so I went to refill it. But then 3 chompers came back. So I needed to repeat the sequence once more. I had 6 pop-ups left and all 9 chompers can't leave the island. Then I went back to the red button and opened the red gate.
What an Adventure this was! The first time this one was harder than the previous ones. I guess it's getting harder after the Ascent too.
Last edited by The_Merlin on Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:01 pm

I'm stuck on this one too. I hate those chompers. They aren't nearly as friendly as the ones you can train in RTW. They just pursue you relentlessly until your little legs get tired then they gobble you up. :twisted:

:lol: :lol:
Pauline
The_Merlin
Gold Wonderlander

Post by The_Merlin » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:13 pm

popo wrote:I'm stuck on this one too. I hate those chompers. They aren't nearly as friendly as the ones you can train in RTW. They just pursue you relentlessly until your little legs get tired then they gobble you up. :twisted:

Oh? You are stuck here too? I guessed you were in the mountains? Cos you asked if you could return when you were in the mountains?
Of course you can return! Any idea what those red arrows do, Popo? Outside an Adventure? As a level creator you'll surely know what the arrows mean.
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:14 pm

Well done, Merlin :lol:
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:55 am

The_Merlin wrote:
popo wrote:I'm stuck on this one too. I hate those chompers. They aren't nearly as friendly as the ones you can train in RTW. They just pursue you relentlessly until your little legs get tired then they gobble you up. :twisted:

Oh? You are stuck here too? I guessed you were in the mountains? Cos you asked if you could return when you were in the mountains?
Of course you can return! Any idea what those red arrows do, Popo? Outside an Adventure? As a level creator you'll surely know what the arrows mean.
No, I meant I couldn't see an arrow when I first start the ascent. In other words, when you meet the chompers you have to get through that level to continue up the mountains. I didn't want to start up the mountains until I had everything I needed to get there in case I couldn't get back down again. I remember a bit of WA where you were stuck there till you'd done all the levels in that area, and wondered if this was the same.

So at the moment I 'floinging' the levels I missed something on. I keep trying the chomper level and have it saved it a different slot so once I've mastered it I can move on. :wink:
Pauline
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:16 pm

I finally mastered the ascent. What a level that was. I found the first chomper actually the hardest of all, the last lot were a walk in the, well, mountains compared to the first one. :shock:

If you need detailed help Merlin just let me know. :D

As that dude with the Indiana Jones hat keeps saying .... onward and upward. :D
Pauline
Zanne
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by Zanne » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:49 am

you bunch of geniuses, you!

thanks for the help!
K2MM
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by K2MM » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:00 pm

I can't do it! I can't trap the chomper behind the vines. Help....
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:06 pm

See where the wall makes an opening/space? Check out how far away you need to be before the vines go up/down.
Inger
Norway
msmithnc
Bronze Wonderlander

Can't get all chompers on the island...

Post by msmithnc » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:14 pm

I can only get three chompers to the island because I can't figure out how to get them out of the way to send the transporters back for the others.
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:25 pm

SPOILER, DO NOT READ unless
Go up and a bit to the right. Make sure you don't go too far, or the remaing chomps will hit the red button
Inger
Norway
msmithnc
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by msmithnc » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:23 pm

I've tried that, but the chompers still block my shot...
msmithnc
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by msmithnc » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:29 pm

Got it! Thanks
msmithnc
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by msmithnc » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:18 pm

Got it! Thanks
myst

Post by myst » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:01 pm

I'm stuck getting the coins and gems. I have tried and tried to outrun the chomper but he always gets me.
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:07 pm

Lock yourself inside the vines, take gems. Notice where the wall has a "dump", step down there to open bottom vines. As soon as the chomp is inside, run towards the other vines.
Inger
Norway
myst

Post by myst » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:20 pm

Thank you so much, I can't believe how easy that was now that you told me. I may need help on the next part although I hope I can figure it out myself.
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:04 pm

I'm just glad I could help :lol:
Inger
Norway
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:43 pm

I found this one pretty hard, but after reading all this, I noticed to be not the only one. :D
popo wrote:I hate those chompers. They aren't nearly as friendly as the ones you can train in RTW. They just pursue you relentlessly until your little legs get tired then they gobble you up. :twisted:

Yes, that's what I thought too. They're not only bigger and faster, the worsest thing is, they're even smarter then the normal chompers :twisted: Probably they're mutated somehow. 8)
Buckleysmom

UGH! I give up!

Post by Buckleysmom » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:24 pm

I assume since I see questions and no answers that you qre PM-ing the spoilers???? Whatever.....could someone PLEASE tell me how to get past the group of chompers in The Ascent? I got the white keys and trapped the loan chomper but I can't figure out how to get past the group....:cry: Please help!

Thanks
BK
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:39 pm

:D Oh, but there are also answers though:
The_Merlin wrote:Lure 3 chompers on the island by popping a transporter, pop them all three after each other. then I moved up north till the chompers were on top of the island. I repeated this 3 times untill all chompers were on the island. Then my pop-ups were gone so I went to refill it. But then 3 chompers came back. So I needed to repeat the sequence once more. I had 6 pop-ups left and all 9 chompers can't leave the island. Then I went back to the red button and opened the red gate.
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Re: UGH! I give up!

Post by janetgalle » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:45 pm

Buckleysmom wrote:I assume since I see questions and no answers that you qre PM-ing the spoilers????
Thanks
BK
Do you know how to highlight the white spoiler boxes to read the answers?
Just click inside of the white box and then drag your mouse, you should be able to "see" the answers.
jg
Buckleysmom

Hidden answers

Post by Buckleysmom » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:46 am

Oh good grief! Did you ever feel really stupid??? I kept wondering why there were all those "empty" quotess everywhere I went. Actually I realized about the highlighting after reading Marinus's reply to me, but when I tried to post a reply to thank him everything was running REALLY SLOW :cry: so I gave up and just now came back to thank him. So now.....thank you both! Oh......I feel like such a ditz......

Oh well, so now I can go continue my game. Thanks again.

BK