Mountain Rescue - much easier way to solve the level

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
weeStinker
Gold Wonderlander

Mountain Rescue - much easier way to solve the level

Post by weeStinker » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:17 pm

I saw Peegue's video on YouTube, and I guess he used 9 charges to pass the lake. But I have another solution, which allows you to return back and charge "Brr" power again! :D
If no one knows for this, I'll make a video and show it so you can see it. :)

So? Has anyone else figured this out? :wink:
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:58 pm

Congrats for finding the alternate way. I think a number of us used that method before the great Mayor put out that video. Kiki mentioned how to do it on one of the original threads (page 2) here:

http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 4&start=30

Take a look at what he descibed and see if it's the same thing you're doing. If it's not, then a third way is out? Wow!

:D
Loirae
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Re: Mountain Rescue - much easier way to solve the level

Post by Erwin042 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:14 pm

weeStinker wrote:I saw Peegue's video on YouTube, and I guess he used 9 charges to pass the lake. But I have another solution, which allows you to return back and charge "Brr" power again! :D
If no one knows for this, I'll make a video and show it so you can see it. :)

So? Has anyone else figured this out? :wink:
I'm very curious how you did that !
Brr while you are on an ice-path is impossible. Or Brr around a corner is also not possible. I tried that before in the level.

Have you discovered this method on your first go in the level, or when in Floing?

Had you finished all levels before you came to your solution? Then it's still impossible to do it.

When your video is ready, please leave the link to it here in this topic :!:

I really can't wait to see your method :twisted:
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:44 pm

Erwin042 wrote:Brr while you are on an ice-path is impossible.
No it's not Merlin. Read the link that I posted above. Brring while sliding is how kiki and I and others finally solved it. It's a bit tricky at first, but once you've figured out how to do it, it's pretty easy to do. I brred while sliding for almost each weestinker I rescued in that level. :lol: :lol: :lol: (And saved a lot in cased I missed while sliding.)
Loirae
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:34 pm

Loirae wrote:
Erwin042 wrote:Brr while you are on an ice-path is impossible.
No it's not Merlin. Read the link that I posted above. Brring while sliding is how kiki and I and others finally solved it. It's a bit tricky at first, but once you've figured out how to do it, it's pretty easy to do. I brred while sliding for almost each weestinker I rescued in that level. :lol: :lol: :lol: (And saved a lot in cased I missed while sliding.)
So you could Brr on ice. So you needed more than 9 Brr's to finish. Others can do it in only 9 charges. So we are the best.

BUT your method comes handy on onther levels too.

But I don't need that trick anymore. I'm way past this game now. Just waiting for WA 2.

Now the next reply has to be that link towards that video, I'll hope !
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:05 pm

Erwin042 wrote:So you could Brr on ice. So you needed more than 9 Brr's to finish. Others can do it in only 9 charges. So we are the best.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
You are the best in doing it with the fewest Brrrs. We are the best at finding new ways to do it. We are all wonderful wonderlanders.
:lol: :lol:
Loirae
weeStinker
Gold Wonderlander

Post by weeStinker » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:41 pm

Yes, kiki and I though about the same thing! :D

Mervin, it is possible to do it. When I started playing the level, I couldn't figure out how to use only 9 charges to save all wee stinkers, so I though "Hey, why not "Brr" while sliding?", and I managed to do it! :D

Okay guys, I'll make a video with Fraps and post it on my YouTube account, so you can see what did I do. But for that, you need to aim with mouse precisely and click fastly.
(Still, I never missed to do it!)

Loirae wrote:
Erwin042 wrote:So you could Brr on ice. So you needed more than 9 Brr's to finish. Others can do it in only 9 charges. So we are the best.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
You are the best in doing it with the fewest Brrrs. We are the best at finding new ways to do it. We are all wonderful wonderlanders.
:lol: :lol:
Hey, this sound good! :lol:

EDIT: I hope I'm not too much offtopic, but I want to ask you: what do I need to do with that blue flower I got from guy who stands near dancers? :?
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:20 pm

The Blue Flower. Ah.... a topic that has been disected more than frogs in an 8th grade science class. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The party line is: when you get all the stars and open the 105 gate, you'll find out the secret of the flower.
Loirae
weeStinker
Gold Wonderlander

Post by weeStinker » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:56 am

Loirae wrote:The Blue Flower. Ah.... a topic that has been disected more than frogs in an 8th grade science class. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The party line is: when you get all the stars and open the 105 gate, you'll find out the secret of the flower.
Thanks for that. :-)

BTW, I still didn't post the video, sorry. I just came from hospital. :)
(yes, I'm okay :wink:)
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:08 pm

But nothing.Blue flower is just that blue flower!
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:18 pm

tyteen4a03 wrote:But nothing.Blue flower is just that blue flower!
and a bit more. But find out when you have all 105 stars and go thru the last gate at the Market Place.
weeStinker
Gold Wonderlander

Post by weeStinker » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:42 pm

Now I realized I messed up the transformers in the sewer, so I can't get all stars. :lol:

I'll have to start the game again and use the cheat code for all levels I passed and the ones I just can't pass (all from Video Game Room).

Anyway, I finally got the video! Check it here!
Third try was the best, and I was randomly "Brring" on the lake (no, I didn't pass the level like that ;-)). Enjoy!
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:05 pm

Nicely displayed. That's how I did it, too. I think after I learned to do it easily, I actually brred the entire pond, recharde, woke all the stinkers, and sent them each down a different ice slide to the other side. So, your random brring of the pond actually looked a little familiar. :oops:
Loirae
weeStinker
Gold Wonderlander

Post by weeStinker » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:28 pm

Loirae wrote:So, your random brring of the pond actually looked a little familiar. :oops:
Glad I did it! :lol:

Actually, when I played the game, I only needed to charge "Brr" once or twice, I didn't really want to slide all way along. :P
weeStinker
Gold Wonderlander

Post by weeStinker » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:26 pm

This isn't about "Mountain Rescue" level, but I would like if this screenshot gets posted on Mette's site, as the solution for the "Pyramid" level.

Thanks. :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:39 am

You mean where the shards take you? slimmtom gave that to Mette. Check otu this link and see if it's what you mean:

http://wonderland.nutters.dk/WA/WAshards.htm
Loirae
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:20 pm

No, weeStinker means the fundation of the answer for the 4th question: "which color shard connects back to Wondertown"

I only explained that you needed to test the indigo shard, so it takes you to Morklin, the closes to Wondertown.

But I hadn't found a screenshot as proof for it.

I'll put your screenshot in an e-mail for Mette.

Thanks, weeStinker :!:
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:45 pm

Mette corrected the solution "The Pyramid" with the new screenshot from weeStinker. Thanks again weeStinker for pointing out that mistake !