MOFI Underground Stream

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
dsg
Silver Wonderlander

MOFI Underground Stream

Post by dsg » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:28 pm

I am in the second portion of the room where there are 4 teleporters and 3 bridges. Beyond that is another area where a turtle is running around through red and orange teleporters. There is a rainbow switch at the end of the room and a moss colored switch that the turtle never hits because there is a teleporter in the way. I have one green grow magic left but cannot figure out how to use it (or even if I need to).

Can someone please help?? Thanks :D
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:40 pm

You need that one grow. Disable one teleport to make yourself a bridge via bouncing to the yellow power. After that, it's all trial and error
Good luck :lol:
Last edited by Salin on Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
dsg
Silver Wonderlander

Post by dsg » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:51 pm

I am having a complete brain freeze on this. I have tried numerous times to figure out how to bounce to the yellow glove and no luck:(

Thanks again!
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:27 am

As I said
You need to disable ONE TP, I don't remember wich, then blink past the yellow pow, then using the remains one with the bounce (bottom left, to reach to the upper area.
dsg
Silver Wonderlander

Post by dsg » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:36 am

I appreciate the help but still do not understand. How am I disabling the teleporter (simply by going through it or by using the grow) and how am I getting to the yellow power? I have tried turning the buttons every way that I can think of and I always end up in the middle of the top bridge with no way to go further.
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:38 am

Simply by going through it!!!!!!
I'll have to replay it in order to give you a complete walkthrough.
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:47 am

Here you go:
janetgalle wrote: First step into the indigo (dark blue) teleporter to disable it.
Next, the spring on the left needs to be pointed to the right, and the spring on the right needs to be pointed up.
Next, go stand on the upper bridge and aim your last grow to just beyond the yellow glove.
Now make your way back to the spring on the left and step in front of it.
Good luck with the top part.....
jg
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:53 am

Thanks Janet, you just rescued me (haven't gotten this far yet :wink: )

The last part I have no idea how I did it, it was just trial and error :lol:
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:46 am

Yes, Inger, I know what you mean. I couldn't even try to explain how to do that top part. I know you have to make the turtle start going around in the opposite direction.......but then I was just firing pops all over until something happened............ :roll:
jg
The_Merlin
Gold Wonderlander

Post by The_Merlin » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:57 pm

I'm still at the part with the turtle.
How can I get those gems and coins?
Do I need the bouncers to get there or not?
I used the bouncers to get there but then I couldn't get back.
Maybe I'll figure it out before anyone put a reply but maybe I don't.
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:57 pm

What turtle? There is 3 of them. What gems and coins? I'm sorry, but you need to be more spesific.
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:18 pm

Coins by second turtle and TP area: Use one grow-blink while you can see the edge of where the coins are.Step on transporter, get them and ride back to TP area. Coins at the beginning of the level you will get in the end...
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:06 pm

I finally managed to get the turtle into the water to step on but I have no idea what I did to get him there. I just seemed to be popping all over the place and he was going round in circles for hours. I'm not sure I could repeat it, and I'll have to try coz I missed the coins in the middle. :roll:
Pauline
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:13 pm

That's how I did it too, Popo :lol:
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:04 pm

popo wrote:I finally managed to get the turtle into the water to step on but I have no idea what I did to get him there. I just seemed to be popping all over the place and he was going round in circles for hours. I'm not sure I could repeat it, and I'll have to try coz I missed the coins in the middle. :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I had to laugh at your description, because it sounds just like mine.

I know I should somehow be more methodical and write down the correct and probably simple sequence.............but that ain't gonna happen.
If you ask chrise, he could probably give a precise account. (He is our resident-tester-genius!) We looooove chrise. Or Loirae, now she, probably has a notebook full of good stuff, that I would love to get my hands on. (Love you too Loirae!)
jg
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:24 pm

I have a little clue on how I did it.
Disable the orange TP with your blink. When the turtle starts to go the other way, and turn on the red TP, you turn on the yellow TP. Time your blink so that when he goes throught the yellow TP and the orange one, you quickly blink on orange to (dis)able it. The goal is to have the turtle in the water diagonal down/left of you.
I think it's not far from it anyway :lol: :lol:
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:17 am

Well I did it again and this time I could see where it was going and did just what you said Salin. It is quite simple once you know where he's going to walk. Got everything this time and extra points too. 8) :D

I have to tell you when I first played it, I was trying to get the turtle to go up to the rainbow switch. When he went in the water I thought I'd messed it up. :oops: :lol: :lol:
Pauline
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:19 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
panjit
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by panjit » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:56 am

:( Still can't manage to get turtle in water. Have got him going anti clockwise through red TP and then yellow but can't seem to turn him into the water. Can anyone help?
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:12 pm

I just finished this part, and I also had a hard time with it.

Short description, when you stand on the yellow gloves:
Switch on yellow TP

When T (the turtle) comes down on the right side, switch off orange.

When T has passed the orange TP (dark square button), switch orange on again.

From then on, every time T has gone through orange, switch it on again. (but NOT when T has stepped on the orange switch)
I hope this will help. Let me know if you need a more extensive description. :D
txmimi
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by txmimi » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:36 am

I am as confused as dmg was several days ago about getting to the yellow glove. I've followed Janet's hints with absolutely no luck in getting into that third section. When I stand in front of the spring on the left--which has been pointed to the right--I just end up on the right-hand side of the same area. And I don't understand how the grow I put just beyond the yellow glove helps me get to the glove???
txmimi
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by txmimi » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:36 am

Sorry, dsg, I said dmg by mistake.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:50 am

txmimi,
Did you turn off the darkblue TP by going through it first? Because if you don't, you end up at the right side of that area like you said.

If you do so, you should go right through the green TP, then right through lightblue and finally up through pink. The grow will stop you on the yellow gloves.
:D
txmimi
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by txmimi » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:52 am

Marinus, thanks so much for this clarification! I had turned off the blue TP, but had mistakenly used the green TP, so it too was turned off. DUH!! Such a simple, and foolish mistake. :oops: Now it's on to the next section!
msmithnc
Bronze Wonderlander

Can't get to the coins & gems just below the teleporters

Post by msmithnc » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:53 pm

I'm on the little peninsula just to the right of the transporter. I can blink to get to the single coin, but then if I blink again to get to the rest of the coins & gems, I don't have any blinks left to get to the yellow glove. Is there a way to have more than 2 grow blinks left at this point?

:oops: Just figured it out!
Last edited by msmithnc on Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:00 pm

There's a video of this in Mettes site.
And you should have one GROW left when you reach the TP area.
Inger
Norway
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:04 pm

You should take that single coin, when you're walking over the logs/barrels and at that moment place a grow to stop the transporter where the other coins/gems are.

So you only need one grow :D