I am completing a minium star run of the original wonderland adventures. I have a quick question.

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

I am completing a minium star run of the original wonderland adventures. I have a quick question.

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:05 pm

I am attempting to complete a minimum star run of the original wonderland adventures. I just to know if there is a way, without blinking across walls that could allow be to bypass Wondertown and the lazy leaf forest with fewer than 25 stars. I currently have 22 stars.
Kilicool64
Rainbow Wizard

Re: I am completing a minium star run of the original wonderland adventures. I have a quick question.

Post by Kilicool64 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:23 pm

If you're willing to make use of glitches, the latest WA speedrun from this topic shows what is probably the route that requires the fewest stars possible. IIRC, it does use wall-blinking on a few occasions, but I don't think this allows bypassing any adventures.

WA speedruns can be pretty hard to follow, though. It's a very broken game beneath the surface.

Edit: Nevermind, it makes heavy use of wall-blinking to skip large portions of the game. Though that speedrun relies on much crazier bugs as well.
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Re: I am completing a minium star run of the original wonderland adventures. I have a quick question.

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:38 pm

I finsihed the run. To collect all seven shards. You need to acquire a minimum of 39 stars.
Kilicool64
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Kilicool64 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:23 pm

That's not what you said your objective was. Thanks to a variety of glitches, you don't need all seven shards to beat the game.
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:03 pm

The first time i went through, i did not collect the orange shard untill after i collected indigo, red and blue. For some reason, morklin would not give the purpule key to the rainbow pool. I restarted and thought it would be safer to collect all the shards in their intended order so as not to break the game like i did the first time.
Kilicool64
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Kilicool64 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:48 pm

Not sure how you managed to skip that one, but to my understanding, the game can make Morklin grant you access to the Rainbow Pool at two different points. You must either complete The Red Shard while having four shards or Thwart the Thwarts while having three. (The reason why only three are required for the latter is because you only obtain the blue shard after clearing this adventure, not during it).

If you cleared both of these adventures without the orange shard and without any duplicate shards, then you probably met neither condition and got permanently locked out of the rainbow pool as a result.

Though I really don't see how this is possible in the first place. Even the route for the latest speedrun for the game, as broken as it is, still involves collecting this shard. The indigo and blue shards can be skipped. You can use a glitch to obtain three red shards before clearing The Red Shard. You will then have a total of four shards and gain access to the Rainbow Pool.

So how did you do it?
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:24 am

If you use the flying to enter the eastern exit of the first cave and then exit back out, the game will act as if you have already got the orange shard and have rescued the wee stinkers. Then you can help jedlic get the red key in her basement in the scritter level.
One more question. If you collect the blue shard first and then collect the red shard, will wysp still appear to you and tell you to return to Morklin.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:39 pm

Like Kilicool64 said, Wysp will appear and Morklin will give Temple Ruins key only if you either: Beat The Red Shard with exactly 4 shards in the inventory. Beat Thwart the Thwarts with exactly 3 shards in the inventory. There are no other conditions to this; it doesn't matter what colours the shards are. It doesn't matter what order you collect the shards, so you can collect blue before red. The only thing is that you cannot have less than the required amount of shards, and you cannot have more than the required amount of shards. There are many ways to have not enough or too many shards. Without glitches, you can avoid the indigo shard in The Sewers just by walking down before it lands and never collecting it, or you can avoid collecting the red shard by having a full inventory. Without glitches, you can collect double indigo shard and double blue shard, having too many shards. Remember, to gain access to Temple Ruins you need either 4 shards when beating The Red Shard or 3 shards when beating Thwart the Thwarts. If you can beat The Red Shard with 4 shards in the inventory without getting the blue shard then you can skip the entire The Foggy Mountains area of the game. This can be done by collecting the indigo shard twice or the red shard twice or thrice.
gottfriedjacob5 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:24 am
If you use the flying to enter the eastern exit of the first cave and then exit back out, the game will act as if you have already got the orange shard and have rescued the wee stinkers. Then you can help jedlic get the red key in her basement in the scritter level.
Well if you're using flying then you can just fly across the chasm between Forever Forest and The Wasteland. But it doesn't make sense because if you're using cheat codes then you can just skip to the final adventure.

Without cheat codes and with glitches, the original Wonderland Adventures can be beaten with just 6 stars in the inventory.
This is done by restoring the inventory to before a star was collected every time we collect a star. Every time we beat an adventure, we can restore the inventory to what it was when we started it, thereby deleting the star we collected. This can be done by using the restart adventure in hub glitch by casting crimson Bounce magic or white Star magic at an NPC while stepping onto an adventure star, or this can be done by using the adventure skip glitch on a fade out started by the Floing menu. While in The Void we lose access to both these methods meaning that we have to keep the stars we collect meaning that we can only beat the game with 6 stars. After beating the game we can restore the inventory back to 5 stars if we wish to.