My Latest Project - WA:MOPI - Comming Soon!

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Fri May 01, 2009 11:04 pm

jdl wrote:6. Release it. X

I can't do number 6 because the Zip takes too long to upload to MediaFire. I don't want to have to make seprate Zips, so what should I do? :cry: The Zip is 30.1 MB.
Don't tell me it's still uploading on your computer? :lol: :wink:

Actually, I think MediaFire is total crap. I tried it last night for my HackedEditor.zip (it was only 862 KB) and I was only successful for my first upload. I deleted the first upload because it didn't have the name I want for the zip file (it started off as just Editor.zip), but then I have 0 success with any subsequent uploads on MediaFire, not even when I tried uploading a test file of only 1KB in size!

I don't think I'll ever use MediaFire again after it wasted nearly an hour of my time last night :x ; maybe you should also look for another site to try.
stinky2
Rainbow Keeper

Post by stinky2 » Fri May 01, 2009 11:34 pm

when is the next demo coming
Too busy with EHM2007
My record:
Atlanta Thrashers: 1 Stanley cup (4 seasons)
Detroit Red Wings: 4 Stanley cups (8 seasons)
Dallas Stars: 1 Stanley cup (2nd season in progress)
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sat May 02, 2009 12:24 am

Sorry guys! It'll be up soon! I have been trying out Game Maker 7.0 and Mqdar has been helping me out with it... I need a LOOOOT of help with that lol!
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Sat May 02, 2009 12:28 am

What kind of game are you thinking of making with GM7?
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sat May 02, 2009 1:32 am

I'm planning on making a game similar to Dlcs18's Click And Move!
ImageImage
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Sat May 02, 2009 2:36 am

jdl wrote:Sorry guys! It'll be up soon! I have been trying out Game Maker 7.0 and Mqdar has been helping me out with it... I need a LOOOOT of help with that lol!
:lol:
Skype wrote:[7:23:42 AM] Darx: Click here to give me an internet!
[7:23:57 AM] 'a'a: *clicks here*
stinky2
Rainbow Keeper

Post by stinky2 » Sat May 02, 2009 1:43 pm

ok. im sure the next demo is going to be great!
Too busy with EHM2007
My record:
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Sat May 23, 2009 1:31 pm

Last edited by Emerald141 on Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sat May 23, 2009 2:08 pm

I've been all tied up with everything and haven't been able to do it... :(
ImageImage
Sammy_Bro
Rainbow Star

Post by Sammy_Bro » Wed May 27, 2009 1:37 am

Hmm.. Have you ever tryed a site called Filefront? Its at www.filefront.com! :wink:
:D
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Wed May 27, 2009 8:21 pm

WAMOPI Demo 5 Is Now Released!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to Sammy_Bro, I was able to upload WAMOPI in a reasonable time! (20 minutes.) So now, the LOOOOOONG awaited WAMOPI Demo 5 is now here!!!!!!!!! :D

Link to download (wouldn't want to lose this, would we? :wink: ) http://files.filefront.com/WAMOPIzip/;1 ... einfo.html

NOTES:

1. The icons don't appear for the special items for the gate and teleporter room.
2. This folder is 58.5 MB.
3. Report ANY errors to me. (Becides #1 and #4)
4. DO NOT WATCH THE INTRO MOVIE BECAUSE THE GAME MIGHT FREEZE!
5. Have fun!

jdl :mrgreen:
ImageImage
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Wed May 27, 2009 9:59 pm

jdl wrote:WAMOPI Demo 5 Is Now Released!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Finally! :D 8) I'll try it out very soon!
jdl wrote:1. The icons don't appear for the special items for the gate and teleporter room.
I'm guessing, but probably the easiest way to fix this is to modify jdpot-dvtupn.wdf in Data\Graphics. Open that in Paint, then copy and paste your custom icon bitmap, and save. If your custom icons are identical to MOFI's, you can also just copy jdpot-dvtupn.wdf from MOFI (also in Data\Graphics).
stinky2
Rainbow Keeper

Post by stinky2 » Wed May 27, 2009 10:04 pm

its 'bout time i comes out! gonna try it.
Too busy with EHM2007
My record:
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Wed May 27, 2009 11:35 pm

YES YES YES!!!!!!!

Going to play it soon.

Speaking of which, do you have any idea why the game might freeze during the intro movie?
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Wed May 27, 2009 11:38 pm

Because the intro movie uses levels 1, 2, and 3 I think, and replacing them with other levels might make it freeze.
ImageImage
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Thu May 28, 2009 12:55 am

Just finished playing through it. Awesome!

As tester for MOPI, I'll do a more thorough playthrough later tonight or tomorrow for more testing. I did find a few minor issues on my first playthrough:

1) The first adventure star (for POW training 101), is obscured by the canopy/tent thing PowFu sits under, when you're standing where you'd be when talking to him. You can avoid this I think if you either move PowFu and the tent further to the left, or rearrange the stars. (If you rearrange the stars, you might want to remember changing master.dat to update the adventure win/lose locations.)

2) PowFu still talks about Pow Training 101 even after you finish that adventure.

3) There was one place where stepping on an red arrow MAVs the game. It was supposed to go back to a previously visited area.

I also noticed some possible issues with my conversion program (coins seem to be floating too high above ground, and GC buttons aren't invisible), which I'll try to investigate and fix tonight.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Thu May 28, 2009 12:59 am

I'll get on those!

Wait... The GC buttons are visible!?!?! :shock: Not on my end... :?
ImageImage
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Thu May 28, 2009 1:39 am

jdl wrote:Because the intro movie uses levels 1, 2, and 3 I think, and replacing them with other levels might make it freeze.
I just tried making 1.wlv as a copy of 9.wlv (from the hub), and the MAV goes away! The intro movie seems to work well with levels other than the original ones. You can even think about hand-picking which levels to showcase in 1.wlv, 2.wlv and 3.wlv to customize the intro movie!
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Thu May 28, 2009 2:03 am

jdl wrote:Wait... The GC buttons are visible!?!?! :shock: Not on my end... :?
This is what it looks like on the computer I'm using right now. That patch of yellow south of the gate is the GC button. You're not telling me that's intentional? :?

I'm assuming it's an issue with the conversion program, probably fixable. Not something you need to worry about yourself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu May 28, 2009 2:17 am

cbloopy wrote:
jdl wrote:Because the intro movie uses levels 1, 2, and 3 I think, and replacing them with other levels might make it freeze.
I just tried making 1.wlv as a copy of 9.wlv (from the hub), and the MAV goes away! The intro movie seems to work well with levels other than the original ones. You can even think about hand-picking which levels to showcase in 1.wlv, 2.wlv and 3.wlv to customize the intro movie!
I am so making a solo project in WA... One of these days. :lol:

As for that yellow patch... square... object... whatever, it shows up on my computer too. None of the other GC buttons do though :shock:

Actually, scratch that - There's another point where the game does that, but these aren't GC Buttons. Those are the invisible Diamond-Once buttons.

Also, yeah, coins are floating a bit too high unfortunately. :wink:

As for the game itself, yeah, it really works a lot better in WA in my opinion. However, I can see something that's probably going to get a lot of people confused about the intro. The gate is just kind of... there, with no walls surrounding it. It looks like you can walk around it, even though you can't.
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Thu May 28, 2009 2:51 am

Qloof234 wrote:Actually, scratch that - There's another point where the game does that, but these aren't GC Buttons. Those are the invisible Diamond-Once buttons.
:idea: Aha! I assumed they were GC buttons but I guess maybe not. Perhaps WA1 didn't really have invisible color buttons, or perhaps the WOP data is a little different from the Editor's? No matter, I'm sure I can find a way to make them invisible. Thanks! 8)

[EDIT: if anyone remembers any examples of invisible color buttons in the WA1 game itself, that would be extremely helpful to me.]
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu May 28, 2009 4:25 am

Hey, cbloopy/jdl, if it helps at all, in the unlikely event that the update to the Converter doesn't work properly, I could open up the levels in question and replace those buttons with a GC.

Yes, I know how to emulate all buttons except for a round button and a timed button with GC.

Actually, now that I think about it... :roll: :lol:
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Thu May 28, 2009 10:03 am

cbloopy wrote:I also noticed some possible issues with my conversion program (coins seem to be floating too high above ground, and invisible color buttons aren't invisible), which I'll try to investigate and fix tonight.
Update: I was able to compare and find the difference in the WOP data for coins and invisible color buttons in WA1. It won't take long to update WA1LevelConverter. However, I'm thinking if I take a few more days on that, I could try to add the sorely needed bulk conversion feature in WA1LevelConverter, so that you don't have to go through each .wlv file individually yourself.

So the current plan is for me to try to get bulk conversion working over the weekend before next Monday, and then I'll release the next version of WA1LevelConverter. If I couldn't get bulk conversion working by then I'll just release WA1LevelConverter with the fixes for coins and invisible color buttons.

If jdl really really wants the fix for the coins and invisible color buttons sooner than that, I guess I could make those two fixes sooner, but I'm guessing the next demo isn't going to be ready that soon anyway.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Thu May 28, 2009 7:34 pm

1. Yeah, the coins are a bit too high... :lol:
2. Yes, those are diamond buttons. :wink:
3. Take your time with the Converter, I won't need it anytime soon. :D

jdl
ImageImage
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:20 am

cbloopy wrote:So the current plan is for me to try to get bulk conversion working over the weekend before next Monday, and then I'll release the next version of WA1LevelConverter. If I couldn't get bulk conversion working by then I'll just release WA1LevelConverter with the fixes for coins and invisible color buttons.
As I've announced in the hacking thread, I've finally finished programming the bulk conversion feature! There's a little bit of learning involved before you can use the feature, but hopefully this will make the conversion process much less time-consuming! And I fixed the problem with the coins and invisible color buttons as well.
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:40 pm

Waking up a topic for no darn reason.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:33 am

cbloopy wrote:
I tried this too, it works fine, but when I tried it with levels I made from scratch the game crashed.

Does the intro thing only work with levels from the original game or levels that are in the game's data elsewhere? :?

Also, jdl, is MoPI still being worked on?
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:56 am

Well, I'm really stressed and busy at the moment so as of now, progress is at a hold. :(
ImageImage
wonderlander544
Silver Wonderlander

Post by wonderlander544 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:00 pm

I can't download it.It says

File is Unavailable.

The file you are attempting to download is not currently available on our servers or is being processed. Please try your download in a few minutes.

what should I do?
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:32 pm

Recently, I cleared cookies, and some other stuff and everything on my MediaFire was gone. Including WA:MOPI demo 5 on the other uploading site I used for it.

I can't upload it again at the moment, sorry. I'll post again when I have done so.

jdl
ImageImage