Paradise Quest - The Wonder Shards - Uploading...

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:41 pm

tb, yes, I could have been more careful. The thing is I had the correct adventures in editor directory and the wrong adventure (51) in the play game directory. So, I messes it up. Moreover, I'm releasing a new installer soon.

Until then, use the demo2.1a.zip
Happy to Help!

Check out my works @ http://quaziiquce.webs.com
tb
Gold Wonderlander

Post by tb » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:33 pm

it is working now. i got gold in the canal advenutre
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:48 pm

Oh yeah, there's also a bug in that FlipBridge adventures in the canals (not Waterworks), where there are bridges that cannot be stepped on. Not sure if this is a MOFI bug, or an adventure bug.
If you bothered to copy and paste this signature, or zoom in, to make it possible to read, then I wasted 5-10 seconds of your life.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:50 am

md wrote:Oh yeah, there's also a bug in that FlipBridge adventures in the canals (not Waterworks), where there are bridges that cannot be stepped on. Not sure if this is a MOFI bug, or an adventure bug.
Mofi glitch. It happens while using both. If you are going to give a score like demo1, give it for demo2.2. That way, the score will be high.(no error version).
I'll make some minor changes for 2.1b, like scenery misfits and removal of more alt bridges and fire traps for the desert, quite soon today.

Happy Page 6
Last edited by Blazeknight on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Happy to Help!

Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:37 am

UPDATE:

Demo2.1b adventures zip has arrived. This pack features removal of alt bridges and some scenery modifications.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happy to Help!

md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:38 am

If I update, will my game files corrupt?

Also, I found a few bugs:
- You can't buy a large bag because the dialogue after you buy it stuffs up (it's on an infinite loop)
- There's a way you can get stuck in the hub, in Scorchoz Cave, you can pop an intersecting transporter, then step on one, then get stuck in the middle.

Also, in a whole heap of adventures, I found a way to save a couple of extra magic charges at the end (maybe you should make another section with bonus coins) and in one adventure, get an infinite amount of charges. You need to check your adventures in every possible way.

Also, I'm up to the Scritter Depths level, which part did you forget the solution to? I'm not sure how you could forget it, it's an easy level. It's one of those levels that you can't really stuff up, because there are so many possibilities.
Also, with that level, you should move the first FireFlower over one to the left, because it is really annoying how the scritter gets stuck in that space, and it is a random change in which way it will go next. It took me a really long time to get the scritter across, and in that amount of time, I could have actually completed the adventure.
If you bothered to copy and paste this signature, or zoom in, to make it possible to read, then I wasted 5-10 seconds of your life.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:06 am

No, the files won't corrupt. It'll just be updated.

Please don't try to get stuck in the hub when you don't have to and then report that you can get stuck. It's really annoying to receive complaints like that when it has no significance at all. Please stop that kind of complaints. It doesn't really matter whether you can get lots of magic charges or not. What you should do is solve it in the shortest way. Even these reports are not significant.

The only type of errors that are ERRORS are syntactical errors like the hub dialogue and so. Considering all that, the only bugs in the demo2 were:
1. Large Bag Dialogue
2. Coin Block In Canals
3. Minor glitches like (blue key display instead of green)

The Hub dialogue is fixed. Download and save it into:
1. Data/Adventures/Hub
2. Gamedata/Player Profiles/Username/Current/Hub
3. Gamedata/Player Profiles/Username/Save Files/<n>/Hub
And don't try to buy things you already have. That'll be another thing I may have expected if I didn't warn about it, earlier
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happy to Help!

tb
Gold Wonderlander

Post by tb » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:21 am

i have played till sand castle. i will rate the demo2 like md ratings.

scenerey - 9/10
it was good and better from last time but i could see some quicksand tiles in the dune hills. you should lower water hight

adventures - 8/10
the puzzles in the desert is very well made and neat and challenge and so. but there are 2 annoying adventures. one is the fireflower pyramid. other is the scritter depth

dialogue - 8/10
the grammar is much bettre this time but still some part were not that good like the orb hunter who asks for peach orb. there's no peach color in the talk at all

consistancy - 7/10
i found no errors in the levelarrows, places. you have only little error in the hub dialogue. also the errors like green key canal and so on.

gameplay - 9/10
i love the orb hunter quest too and the idea of rainbow port or someting. also the bakctracking is not there. the only thing is so much travel

FINAL: 41/100
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:49 am

tb wrote:i have played till sand castle. i will rate the demo2 like md ratings.

scenerey - 9/10
it was good and better from last time but i could see some quicksand tiles in the dune hills. you should lower water hight

adventures - 8/10
the puzzles in the desert is very well made and neat and challenge and so. but there are 2 annoying adventures. one is the fireflower pyramid. other is the scritter depth

dialogue - 8/10
the grammar is much bettre this time but still some part were not that good like the orb hunter who asks for peach orb. there's no peach color in the talk at all

consistancy - 7/10
i found no errors in the levelarrows, places. you have only little error in the hub dialogue. also the errors like green key canal and so on.

gameplay - 9/10
i love the orb hunter quest too and the idea of rainbow port or someting. also the bakctracking is not there. the only thing is so much travel

FINAL: 41/100
100?
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Isn't it 50?
Happy to Help!

tb
Gold Wonderlander

Post by tb » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:54 am

so sorry :oops:
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:37 am

I'm up to the sand temple area (fireball run thingie). The only problem is that I ran out of inventory space, so now I have to go all the way back and buy a bigger bag.
I've completed every adventure so far (I think), except for Chomper Cave - South (can't be bothered), Ruins Rescue (got stuck, cant't be bothered) and the FlipBrige Pop level in Scorchoz Cave (can't solve it).

Also, in the desert, there's a stone gate that leads to a set of sand gates and bonuses, but I can't seem to find a button or key anywhere.

Sorry if I was being too harsh or anything before.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:36 am

FOUR THINGS TO MD :D :D :D

1. It's alright, there's no need to be sorry. You weren't harsh. I think you are TOO critical, reporting every pen marks on a wall or something like that. I appreciate your interest in the game and I want you to continue reviewing this hub. But, you must be a bit more thoughtful and report stuff that are REALLY worth, and avoid some useless things. That's what you should do and it'll be helping me a lot. I'm sorry if I was... harsh in that reply, too. I also fixed a pyramid adventure which has a MAV arrow. Anyways, thanks for reporting the 3 errors in the game. :D

2. About the STONE key, you'll most probably get that after you finish the SAND CASTLE. And moreover, "the sand temple" you told is called "PYRAMID". Please be more specific. I got confused because a sand temple will come in the later demos and I was wondering, how did I leak that information? :shock:

3. I played the hub again today right from start and found some adventures a bit annoying like you told. Here's my idea. I'll remove many annoying things thereafter. The things I am going to remove a lot are alternating bridges, scritter chasing, fireflower dodging and fast-moving. Is there something else, you want me to remove in the adventures? :roll:

4. The Flip Bridge Pop adventure is a real classic. I did that when I created WA - Evergreen Island, three years ago. I still had it, so I used it. WA EI was the most puzzliest hub ever those days. Now, WA WC has beaten it. The other 2 adventures you told are solvable.8)

PLEASE REPLY AND BE MORE SPECIFIC :)
Happy to Help!

tb
Gold Wonderlander

Post by tb » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:13 pm

thats what i mean while talking about the fireflower advenutre. are you starting demo3? which shard this time.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:02 pm

Demo 2.1 is released. It's completely error free and GREAT, and Yes, I've started demo3. This time, you'll get 2 shards. And the full of Blaze Island is there for this demo3.

SCREENIES:

REPORT - 7%
Adventures: 4/45
Hub Rooms: 1/23
Happy to Help!

md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:54 pm

Screenies look great, what location is that?

I solved that FlipBridge Pop level. Did you just recently add that Pop Charger, or what's it there the whole time?
There's also a way that the adventure could be solved without the need of that extra Pop Charger, but you would need to make a few minor adjustments.
I'm just telling you because that adventure can be modified to make a really good challenge that would trick most people.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:11 am

OK, I'll make puzzlier adventures hence forth. But I'm worried if my style of designing puzzles would deviate if I do that... that puzzle involves 2 chargers. And that's what the puzzle is about

Forgot to mention, the screenshots are of the GOLDENSHORE BEACH, the beach which connects PARADY land to BLAZE island. You'll get the FIRE shard and the SWAMP shard in this demo. The game will have 100 adventures at the end of the demo.
Happy to Help!

tb
Gold Wonderlander

Post by tb » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:18 am

nice screenshots. i'm stuck in the desert hills where you do pop magic. can someone help me? that is only adventure i didnot fiinsh
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:34 am

UPDATES: More screenshots and progress for demo3.

Once you enter the blaze island, you explore the corals to find a key to enter the GREAT KABOOM COAST. These represent the challenges in the coral reefs.

REPORT - 14%
Adventures: 6/45
Hub Rooms: 4/22

tb, you must use pop properly. First, use the bridge button to go and then use the transporters the minumum possible. Then, finally you have a charge for the bonus
Happy to Help!

md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:50 am

Screenshots look amazing... as always! :D

Go for more challenging, puzzle adventure. I like adventures that are challenging to solve, even if you have to sit there for 3 hours.

There's also a white gate in front of the sand castle and I've finished all the adventures in dune hills (except GigaFlower). Where is the key? Or is that in a later demo only? I also can't find the stone key, or is that in the next demo as well?

With that Pop FlipBridge adventure, you could put collapsing bridges (perhaps with a button) that link from the scritter puzzle to the blue star button, then get the scritter that was on the green round button to step on the blue star button, leaving the blue gate open, thus the level solvable and more challenging without the extra charger. This would trick most people.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:10 am

The demo ends with the thwart adventure. The keys will come for demo3. Have you gone to the third room in the pyramid? The thwart'd steal the shard. Then, that's the end. Okay, then you can give ratings. Please note that I've removed all the annoying things you told me to remove. So, I expect good ratings.

Also, I accept the type of challenges you want me to make in demo3
Happy to Help!

md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:57 am

I got up to the area where you get the sand shard (in the pyramid).

Ok, I think I should give my ratings. Just so you know, I'm marking on what I played.

GRAPHICS - 11/15
Great use of textures and scenery, and glad you took my advice with decoration. There were a few graphical errors and stuff that could have been done to improve it.

ADVENTURES - 6/10
Some really great adventures going, although some of the adventures were really long and repetitive (going back and forth). Also, the alt bridges and use of multiple hazardous elements made it a bit annoying.

GAMEPLAY - 8/10
The game had astonishing gameplay to it. Backtracking was reduced which was good, but you could have reduced the amount of travelling and adventures in one area.

DIFFICULTY - 3/5
The adventures were gradually getting harder (like it should), but there was a bit of inconsistency with the difficulty.

ENTERTAINMENT - 4/5
I found the game quite enjoyable to play. However, there was a lot of travelling which made it a bit tedious in some sections.

DIALOGUES - 2/5
Dialogues were good and inventive. There were quite a lot of grammar and punctuation errors, and a couple of spelling errors. You could have also added more dialogues that fit in with the story, and use more than one or two word questions/answers.

e.g. Instead of "The Shards", say "Do you know anything about The Shards?".

OVERALL - 34/50 ~ B
A great second demo. There are a few thing you could improve it, and increase the score. I'm interested in seeing what you can develop for demo 3. Keep up the good work!
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:33 am

Oh, come on... I removed all grammar errors. The only things that bother you are questions, am I correct? And by punctuation errors you mean things like "..." and so. Come on md, this is not an english essay or an exam. It's spoken english between the stinkers. I agree, there's a bit of slang in the dialogues but if every dialogue is perfect, then............ every stinker will seem alike and the whole concept of personality and style is lost. Think about it. :?

Can you tell me about the graphical errors? Except for the dune hills, is there anyother mistake in the demo2? And also, you reviewed demo2.0 and not demo2.1. So, I'm okay with the ratings. About the travelling thing, did you use the RAINBOW PORTAL or not?

I'm going to work on your feedback. I'm going to work on the "excess magic" charges and removing firetraps, alt bridges and scritter chasing to a LARGE extent. So, I can get a better score. So, the demo3 will have severely modified adventures right from start.

SOUNDS GOOD, DOESN'T IT??? :D
Happy to Help!

tb
Gold Wonderlander

Post by tb » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:17 am

i think md said you make grammr mistake in adventure introductary test. you told a indigo key. the correct is an. also in the blink cave adventure there is square water of height -1 and water of -2. that was a scenery defect
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:19 am

Blazeknight wrote:Oh, come on... I removed all grammar errors. The only things that bother you are questions, am I correct? And by punctuation errors you mean things like "..." and so. Come on md, this is not an english essay or an exam. It's spoken english between the stinkers. I agree, there's a bit of slang in the dialogues but if every dialogue is perfect, then............ every stinker will seem alike and the whole concept of personality and style is lost. Think about it. :?

Can you tell me about the graphical errors? Except for the dune hills, is there anyother mistake in the demo2? And also, you reviewed demo2.0 and not demo2.1. So, I'm okay with the ratings. About the travelling thing, did you use the RAINBOW PORTAL or not?

I'm going to work on your feedback. I'm going to work on the "excess magic" charges and removing firetraps, alt bridges and scritter chasing to a LARGE extent. So, I can get a better score. So, the demo3 will have severely modified adventures right from start.

SOUNDS GOOD, DOESN'T IT??? :D
Ok, with graphical errors, there are some places (like the Ruins Rescue) where you can see the water through the walls. This can easily be fixed by adding another set of walls.

With the adventures, it's the combination of hazardous elements (like the FireFlower run adventure) that can get annoying.

I know it's not an essay, but correct grammar and punctuation is important. It makes the dialogues flow better. It's no so much the grammar, it's more the punctuation and I forgot to mention, you didn't really use graphical content in your dialogues, and yes, the questions. There's nothing wrong with slang, and there's nothing wrong with your dialog structure.

By punctuation, I mean things like commas, full stops, capital letters, etc.

With the travelling, I did use the rainbow portal, but there still is a lot of travelling. Even WA has a lot of travelling (by foot), however they have the shards. Are you planning to make usable shards?
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:18 am

I think, I'll place arrows where the shard teleports you. That'll be fine. Dialogue graphics... I used them a lot in the wizard dialogue. And while a person says his name and the maps too.

And moreover, the rainbow portal can teleport you in multiple ways. You can go from the town to the mountains and from the pyramid to the volcano and so much... similar to the shard transports. So, there's not much travel at all. In fact, there were 143 rooms in WA. Mine will have about 120. It's a rough calculation. So, that's.....

Which dialogues you want me to add more graphics?
Happy to Help!

md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:02 am

It's more of the effects (like wave and stuff), not colour... but don't add too much, that's not good either.

That could work, like in MOFI how there's an arrow where the glyphs teleport you. You could still do proper shard teleportation, what you could do is make a blank room in each level where the shards actually teleport you, and then on that location, put the location of where you want the player to be teleported in your game.

I'm not sure if shards work in MOFI though. Otherwise, just do it that way.

When I say lots of travel, I mean by foot and when you don't have access to shards and stuff.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:05 am

I thought of an interesting thing. There's another way to put in travelling a lot. Its demo2 and there are 55 adventures. That's why you'd expect travel. Moreover, this is the second time, a big demo of 55 adventures occured. The first was ab-47's Dark Cave. Even that had a lot of travel. But, it was two years ago. Now, that this demo is there, people find it quite long, because no other person other than ab and me have done a big demo of travel. Technos's magic tests has only 4 or 5 hub rooms. So, that's a big demo without travel.

That's why the players feel the travel. Anyways no person will feel the travelling long once the full version of my game is done. That'd feature a lot of rainbow-portalling.

And about the shards, I was just thinking what you were thinking. 8)

Moreover, here's the best part. I am really happy and content that you care about my hub and want me to make it perfect. Now, I don't have any fear of messing up (I had that 3 years ago). Thank you very much. In the old pq, no one bothered. But now, I got some real good friends like you. Thank you again and keep giving suggestions.
Happy to Help!

Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:28 pm

UPDATE: I'm removing some adventures from the demo2 for demo3 as I find them quite needless. They are:
1. Parady Treasure
2. Bridges Cavern
3. Headache Dune
4. Paradic Race

So this demo3 will have a total of 90 adventures and 65 hub rooms. The reason I removed is because md and myself found it tedious and not that necessary to keep.

REPORT - 20%
Adventures: 7/40
Hub Rooms: 5/20
Happy to Help!

Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:55 am

Blazeknight wrote:UPDATES: More screenshots and progress for demo3.

Once you enter the blaze island, you explore the corals to find a key to enter the GREAT KABOOM COAST. These represent the challenges in the coral reefs.

REPORT - 14%
Adventures: 6/45
Hub Rooms: 4/22
I can't wait until the final hub is out.
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:20 am

How many demos will there be until the final release?